LADIES banter/training/motivation thread ??

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Sheena
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2018
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Re: LADIES banter/training/motivation thread ??

Post by Sheena »

Jill, We always look forward to the next instalment, especially Dutch the doughnut escapades :lol:

The cookie monster clips were brilliant.

Barbara, I'd never heard of Pi Day but will now have to make sure we eat Pies on March 14th :wink:
Jill
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Post by Jill »

Thank you Sheena. :)

Staying on Anglesey at the moment, with our friends, Geoff and Eryl. A tree surgeon came yesterday to do some work in the garden and as Eryl is Welsh, she called him Sam the Trees - no prizes for working out who Dutch the Doughnut would be. :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

The Pink Star Heist - Episode 13

The Story So Far …

In that case Jill, let’s check out our remaining two ladies - I’m sure :oops: Miss Scarlett keeps saying, “ Yes I did it. “

I must admit Mb, that does sound like a confession from :oops: Miss Scarlett … Only one problem though, she didn’t do it and here’s why.

:oops: Miss Scarlett is a safecracker who finally cracked - the pressures of keeping up a life of crime have taken their toll and this has resulted in some eccentric behaviour. After a robbery, our guilt ridden lady, runs red faced into the nearest police station and blurts out, “ Yes, I did it :!: “ The police call her ‘ Rush, blush and gush ‘ :oops: Miss Scarlett and, as in the case of :? Mrs Peacock, they recover the stolen items without making an arrest. Since the theft of my Pink Stars, :oops: Miss Scarlett hasn’t visited any police stations anywhere, so she’s in the clear.

Oh BUM :!:

Mb … [-X

Sorry Jill. I suppose you’re going to tell me that 8-[ Mrs White isn’t guilty either, even though she nearly jumped out of her skin when I shouted that three letter word which has a ‘ U ‘ in the middle, an ‘ M ‘ at the end and a ‘ B ‘ at the beginning. :lol: You must admit she’s looking very nervy and scared.

A career in crime has also finally caught up with 8-[ Mrs White and once again, has led to a strange modus operandi. Before a robbery, she rings up the police station nearest to the crime location and asks in an agitated and panic - stricken voice, if at a certain time, any police will be near or on the premises :?: Armed with such a tip off, the police then lie in wait for 8-[ Mrs White and arrest her when she breaks into the building: when they step out in front of her, 8-[ Mrs White lets out a loud shriek, clutches her chest and pretends to faint - only the threat of using a large police dog, to administer the kiss of life, brings her ‘ round ‘. :lol: The police who call her, ‘ She loves a fright ‘ 8-[ Mrs White, issue a caution and let this agitated ' actress ' go. On the day of our robbery, the local police did not receive any calls from our penultimate suspect.

Oh BUM :!: and double BUM :!:

Mb … [-X

Well … :roll: We’re down to our last suspect, \:D/ Colonel Mustard, and so by a process of elimination, it must be him. Only, you’ll spoil it all and say it isn’t. :roll: [-(

Have faith Mb, after all \:D/ Colonel Mustard used to call himself Mr Gold. I wonder why :?:

To be continued …
Jill

Post by Jill »

The Pink Star Heist - Episode 14
Jill wrote:Have faith Mb, after all \:D/ Colonel Mustard used to call himself Mr Gold. I wonder why
I don’t know Jill but I think you’re about to tell me. :roll: :lol:

\:D/ Colonel Mustard was once known as Mr Gold, because like the Bond villain, Goldfinger, our remaining suspect loved to ‘ acquire ‘ the precious metal. For many years, Mr Gold carried out numerous bullion robberies, always managing to keep one step ahead of the police - after each robbery, he would send them a video that showed him dancing and singing to the theme music from the Goldfinger film.

Then one day, believing himself to be invincible, Mr Gold dressed up as Shirley Bassey and gatecrashed a television talent show called The Voice, where he then proceeded to treat the studio audience and the judges to a live performance of his video act. Apparently, some of the latter were quite impressed … :shock: :lol:

Those that weren’t, called security, who called the police and that was the end of Mr Gold’s stealing spree - he received a long prison sentence and almost all of the gold was recovered … Apart from one bar …

Mr Gold was a model prisoner, saying that he now loathed gold because it had been the cause of his downfall. However, during mealtimes, Mr ’ contrite con ‘ developed the odd habit of fashioning, with military precision, a small oblong shape, made of Colman’s English Mustard, which was then always left on the side of his plate.

The authorities were so delighted with Mr Gold’s progress, that a third of the way through his sentence, our reformed character, who now insisted on being called \:D/ Colonel Mustard, was granted parole and on release, immediately launched a worldwide chain of burger and hot dog stands. :-k Mmmm … I wonder where the capital to fund such an enterprise came from :?:

The burgers and hot dogs went like ‘ hot cakes ‘ due to \:D/ Colonel Mustard’s peculiar idea, of giving them away free to customers, if they agreed to eat them with a miniature ‘ ingot ‘ of mustard on the side.

It wasn’t long of course before this ‘ dotty ‘ behaviour led to near financial ruin and it was rumoured that \:D/ Colonel Mustard was desperate to obtain fresh funds, to keep his bizarre business venture afloat.

And stealing your Pink Stars which, as we know are more valuable than the Gold ones, would have saved \:D/ Colonel Mustard’s ‘ financial bacon ‘ and his hot dogs and his burgers. :lol:

Jill, let’s give him a ' grilling ', :evil: like one of his burgers and he’ll soon confess. :lol:

Only one problem with that Mb …

I knew it :!: ](*,) So, :roll: don’t tell me, let me guess ... =; \:D/ Colonel Mustard has a cast iron alibi :?:

Mb, in a way you’re half right because the day before the robbery, an extremely hungry customer became so exasperated whilst waiting for \:D/ Colonel Mustard to finish sculpting an ’ ingot ‘, that he lost his temper and hit the poor chap over the head with a cast iron, frying pan. I’m sure that the unfortunate colonel would have seen some stars, but not pink ones. :lol: :wink: At the time of the robbery \:D/ Colonel Mustard was in hospital and had been all day.

Well, that’s that then Jill, it looks as if we’ll never find out who stole your … Oh, hello Plummy, how long have you been standing there :?:

Long enough Mb. :roll: Long enough to realise that I can’t listen to you two rambling on any longer - and I bet I’m not the only one … :roll:

Jill, I am responsible for the theft of your Pink Stars.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

At least that's shut them up :!: =D> :lol:

To be continued …
CamiCrew
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017

Post by CamiCrew »

:lol: Twists, turns and roundabouts :lol:
-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"
Jill

Post by Jill »

CamiCrew wrote::lol: Twists, turns and roundabouts :lol:
And somewhere in Manchester ... :fsbgrin: :fswink:
Hamster.JPG
Hamster.JPG (199.99 KiB) Viewed 4933 times
Paul Victory
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by Paul Victory »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
Jill

Post by Jill »

Saw the picture in last Friday's paper - tried to resist but couldn't. Bad girl. [-X :lol: :wink:

Perhaps the cyclist is pulling along a Manchester Tart, on a piece of string, but as the grass is rather long, we'll never know will we :?: :lol: :wink:

The Pink Star Heist - Episode 15

The story so far ...

" Jill I am responsible for the theft of your Pink Stars. "

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

" At least that's shut them up :!: " :lol: :wink:

Oh Plummy :!: :cry: You rogue :!: :cry: Guilty after all of getting your hands on Jill’s jewels :!: [-X And to think that in order to defend you, she had to stand on one leg :!: :shock:

Oh Plummy :!: :cry: You scoundrel :!: :cry: And yes, I had to stand on … #-o :roll: I had to go out on a limb in order to defend your sorry hide :!: [-X

Have you two quite finished :?: Good, because although I accept full responsibility for the theft of the Pink Stars, I didn’t actually steal them …

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Calm down Mb, otherwise I’m going to run out of aspirin.

Mr Plumb, an explanation please ... And, it had better be a good one. [-X

To be continued …
Jill

Post by Jill »

The Pink Star Heist - Episode 16
Jill wrote:Mr Plumb, an explanation please ... And, it had better be a good one.

To be continued …
Although I didn’t steal the Pink Stars, I do feel morally responsible for their theft. :(

We don’t understand Plummy. Why morally responsible :?:

If I had heeded your advice and changed the keypad code from my favourite combination to a less obvious one, then none of this would have happened. Thought I knew better of course, but I realise now, that it was a ridiculous and arrogant thing to do, :roll: and with hindsight, now accept that anyone could have worked out ‘ Plummy’s Number Sequence ‘. Even you Jill :!: :lol:

Thank you Plummy. [-(

Now, that’s what I call an excellent example of how easy it would have been. :lol:

Thank you Mb. [-(

My hubris and my obduracy are to blame for attracting this motley bunch of misfits, although if they all had alibis for the time of the robbery, then why …

[-o< Oh dear. Oh dear. To be called a motley misfit. :(

I’m sorry Reverend Green, I didn’t mean you. And that’s something else that will always be on my conscience; as a direct result of my stubbornness, a man of God was led into temptation. :( Unforgivable :!: [-X

[-o< All will be well as long as I keep praying, in fact, dear boy, why don’t you and I pray together. :D

That’s a very kind thought reverend, but I really feel that all this continual praying is having a detrimental effect on your health - holding your hands and face up for so long in that position, seems to have drained all the colour from them - they look quite pale. :(

Now do you understand why I feel so guilty about the robbery :?: You see, even though I had absolutely nothing to do with it, my bad judgement was the catalyst that precipitated the theft and if our light - fingered ‘ guests ‘ are all in the clear, then we’ll probably never see Jill’s Pink Stars again. :(

Plummy, does that mean that you are sorry that the Stars are missing :?:

Mb, of course I’m sorry that the Stars are missing. Haven’t I just spent the last ten minutes explaining why :?: :roll:

Plummy, that’s all we wanted to hear. :D

Are you ready Mb :?:

Yes Jill.

Plummy, Mb and I have a confession to make.

To be continued …

Jill

Post by Jill »

The Pink Star Heist - Episode 17
Jill wrote:Plummy, Mb and I have a confession to make.
A confession :!: I don’t belief this :!: Don’t tell me that you two ‘ pot noodles ‘ are responsible for the theft of the Pink Stars :?:

Not exactly Plummy… You see … my Pink Stars aren’t actually missing …

:-k Mmmm ... :-k Mmmm ... :idea: ... :-s Eh :!: Not missing :!:

No Plummy … my Stars aren’t missing for the simple reason … they were never stolen in the first place …

Never stolen in the first place :?: :o

No Plummy, Jill's Stars were never stolen in the first place ... :roll:

NEVER STOLEN IN THE FIRST PLACE :!:

No Plummy … You see … we played a trick on you …

A trick :?: :o

Yes Plummy … A trick …

A TRICK :!: :x

Yes Polly, I mean Plummy … A trick …

WHY YOU :x :x :x

Quick Mb :!: Turn the volume down :!:

:-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-#

Phew :!: That was close. Mb, are you alright :?:

Jill, I forgot #-o … I can lip - read … :shock: :shock: :shock:

Have you finished ‘ spitting feathers ‘ yet, Polly, I mean Plummy :?:

:-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-#

Obviously not Mb - I think we had better make ourselves scarce for a little while … Until Plummy has calmed down ... :fsbgrin: :fswink:

Jill, I could quite fancy a little holiday. How about 6 weeks :?: 8) :lol:

To be continued …
Jill

Post by Jill »

The Pink Star Heist - Episode Eighteen
Jill wrote:Jill, I could quite fancy a little holiday. How about 6 weeks
Ten minutes later …

Jill, has the Free Spirits’ Firework finished going off yet :?:

I think so Mb, but we’d better approach with caution as there still might be the odd splutter or two …

Very funny Miss Clever Clogs. [-X Okay, you two damp squibs, just tell me why :?:

Because Jill and I were genuinely worried about the keypad code, we pretended that the Stars had been stolen, in the hope of making you see sense.

I see …

Yes Plummy, we thought that if your saw how much trouble and worry had been caused, due to your stubbornness …

Then silly old Plummy would learn the error of his ways and alter the code. :roll:

Exactly Plummy. We couldn’t have put it better ourselves, could we Jill. :fsbgrin:

I see …

Now Plummy, you must admit that our little scheme worked :?:

Alright Mb. I’ll concede to that. And your Pink Stars :?: If they haven’t been stolen, then where are they :?:

As a temporary measure, we put them and the other Stars in a secure place, but they’re all back in the safe now.

:-k Mmmm … Wait a minute, if the Stars were never stolen, then who on earth are all these individuals :?:

Yes Plummy, who indeed … You see, in order for our plan to work, it was essential that we take on trustworthy assistants who could be relied upon to act the part. So, Jill and I chose only the best …

Plummy, please welcome The Free Spirits’ Emoticon Amateur Dramatics’ Society : =D>

:-({|= 8) :oops: \:D/ [-o< 8-[ :? :~c

They are of course still wearing their costumes/disguises.

Emoticons. Acting. This is becoming more surreal by the minute. Hang on, if the Emoticons were only acting, then that means all those ridiculous stories were absolute nonsense from start to finish. :roll:

Plummy. Honestly. You don’t think that Jill and I would write such rubbish for real, do you :?: :roll: :fsbgrin: :fswink:

Thank you my dear Emoticons, as usual, I can always rely on you all, to give first class performances. =D>

\:D/ Mb, it was an amusing and a refreshing change, to play such frivolous parts for once, instead of our usual serious roles. Now, if you don’t mind, in a few minutes, we would like to return to our dressing rooms, remove our costumes, order in a couple of boxes of Krispy Kreme doughnuts, =P~ and just relax and float around for a while, before starting rehearsals on our next stage production. Rowmeo and Juliet. :fsbgrin:

[-o< I must say that holding my hands up in prayer, has become quite a habit and, it has been such a thrill to play the part of a ‘ villain ‘. :lol:

Reverend, the reason that you’ve enjoyed playing the part of the ‘ villain ‘, is because you are one. [-X

Yours I think Plummy. :fsbgrin:

My pleasure Mb. :D Now reverend, before I wipe that sickly grin off your face, let’s first wipe away all that stage make up.

Reader, you must now imagine the sound, when a young boy with an unwashed face, has failed to persuade his mother, that said unwashed face, has recently come into contact with a dry face cloth and a dry bar of soap. :lol:

Bllluuurrgghhh :!: Eeewwhhh :!: Brrurrggh :!:

Now everyone, let’s see who’s been hiding under all that white gunk …

:mrgreen: You hooligan :x

:oops: 8-[ :? Good gracious :shock: It’s Mr Green :shock:

8) \:D/ :~c Yes, but which one :?:

:-({|= I think that I may be able to help you there. :fssmile:

To be continued …
CamiCrew

Post by CamiCrew »

Jill - love the illustrations, er, actors. Did you just use every emoticon in one post? If so, that is an achievement! =D> :D

I'm still fascinated by the giant hamster picture... other than 'someone' being out for a stroll in full Forum attire, what is going on there? Too funny.
-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"
Jill

Post by Jill »

CamiCrew wrote:Jill - love the illustrations, er, actors. Did you just use every emoticon in one post? If so, that is an achievement!
Barbara - not quite. However, as the numbers needed for the main characters were limited and as I’m rather fond of my Emoticons, and tend to spoil them somewhat, I was easily persuaded to take everyone else on as extras, or understudies. Hence the almost ‘ Cast of Thousands ‘.

When :!: and :?: both won the award for ‘ Promising Young Emoticon “, Jill and I had to re- write the script in such a way as to showcase their skills.

Mb :fsbgrin:
CamiCrew wrote:I'm still fascinated by the giant hamster picture... other than 'someone' being out for a stroll in full Forum attire, what is going on there? Too funny.
It’s actually a pedal car and comes courtesy of a countrywide chain of car service/repair outlets, called Kwik Fit.

The hamster was used as a publicity stunt - apparently escaped hamsters account for some of the more unusual things that Kwik Fit mechanics find in their customers’ cars.

I must admit that I did a sort of double take when I first saw the picture. Not sure if this is the right word, but serendipity perhaps.

I like the new avatar - I'm sure that everyone will agree with me when I say, that you are a great improvement on ( I've always wanted to say this ) that bad dude, Mr Green :mrgreen: of whom you were right about all along. :fsbgrin:
Last edited by Jill on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jill

Post by Jill »

The Pink Star Heist - Episode Nineteen
Jill wrote: I think that I may be able to help you there.
:? That would be most helpful because I am genuinely confused now.

8) :oops: \:D/ 8-[ :-# And so are we. Whatever is going on?

:mrgreen: I’ve just been seriously assaulted, that’s what’s going on, and I demand an explanation!

Be quiet Mr Green, or to be more accurate, a Mr Green. You’re the one who’ll have some explaining to do, but first, let’s hear what my esteemed Emoticon has to say.

:-({|= Thank you Mb.

When Free Spirits post messages on the Forum, some enjoy adding ( as an amusing extra ) Emoticons, in order to emphasise or exaggerate their feelings/emotions. Additionally, a winking Emoticon will ensure there are no misunderstandings or ‘ taking things the wrong way ‘ incidents.

We are symbols for over forty different human feelings, and in order to make sure they’ll be plenty of us when needed, there’s always twenty Emoticons available for each emotion.

Without our comic costumes, we are invisible because human emotions are intangible - you are only made aware of them, by reading facial expressions or body language: a smile when you’re happy, a down turned mouth or tears when you’re sad, a scowl or frown or even stamping your foot when you’re cross and an enormous grin or a round of applause when you’re pleased etc.

Some emotions are more attractive than others, and therefore more popular, so, in the interests of fairness, once a month, we all swap roles on Change Over Tuesday. This is something that Mb has always been very strict about and he trusts us to carry out his wishes in a willing and amicable manner.

Ours is an honourable profession. Mb looks after us and we take great pride in working for him, providing an important and essential service, which for many years has run smoothly and without any problems. Until recently that is …

Isn’t that right Mr Green?

:mrgreen: I don’t know what you’re talking about, I’m as confused as everyone else!

:-({|= No matter.

Not that long ago, during one Change Over Tuesday, I approached a Mr Green, and after asking him if he would like to change costumes with me, was rather taken aback when he said in a brusque voice, that he’d only just swapped his previous angel costume for the one he was wearing.

Not only was I offended, but puzzled too; a rude Emoticon? It was unheard of. Something wasn’t quite right, so I decided to follow Mr Green - I’ve always enjoyed reading detective novels and as I was wearing this particular costume, thought it would be rather appropriate ...

During the next twenty minutes, Mr Green was approached by five different Emoticons, who all asked him if he would like to swap costumes. They all received the same abrupt and bad mannered reply. Apart from one small detail. Instead of telling them that his previous costume had been an angel, it was a completely different one for each Emoticon: an embarrassed, an exclamation mark, a shocked, a shame on you, and a wink.

This was all extremely alarming - who was this strange Emoticon and why was he going against Mb’s explicit instructions, by refusing to swap his Mr Green costume on Change Over Tuesday? It wasn’t as if this particular human emotion was a popular one to represent … Envy. Jealousy. Absolutely horrible!

As I was thinking that Mb needed to know about the situation, and straight away, he appeared beside me, wearing his familiar :fssmile: costume and said …

:fssmile: “ My dear Sherlock, would you like me to tell you a story? “

:-({|= And of course, I said, “ Yes please Mb, I would. “

To be continued …
Jill

Post by Jill »

I'm sorry to read that several of you young men and young ladies have been mentally and physically flagging. I'm sure there's a word for the female equivalent of mojo ...

For those of you who have been in the wars caused by a variety of unpleasant ailments, I hope that you are all well and truly on the mend. Would it help your aid to recovery if I told you about my spare bottles of horse liniment? :fsbgrin: :fswink:

Life doesn't always go smoothly - I've been suffering from an acute case of ' Stagnation of The Brain ' - haven't looked at The Pink Star Heist for quite a while - not exactly Eric Morecombe's, " I am playing the right notes but not necessarily in the right order. " more a case of, " I have the right words but not necessarily in the right order. " :roll: :fsgrin:

After tweaking the plot a little, episode 20 will be dedicated to you all. Hope it will cheer you up a little? :)

But first, I owe Sheena a holiday report. :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

The Pink Star Heist - Episode Twenty

:fssmile: Our story begins on Tuesday 25th of February 2014.

It was the last Tuesday of the month and Changeover Tuesday was in full swing, when an Emoticon, dressed in a Mr Green costume, approached me and asked if he could be one of my personal assistants for the coming month.

Once the usual monthly swap has taken place, an Emoticon who wants to become one of my helpers is required to visit our Spares Tears and Repairs Department, change out of their outfit and put on one of mine.

Before I go any further, let’s just run through a description of the three jobs that I need volunteers for.

1. Message Posting

Helping to man the various threads when needed. It’s a very popular and responsible job and I’m so proud of my Emoticons for representing me in such a trustworthy and competent manner.

By the way, my dear young Sherlock, if I may be permitted to correct you, your figure of twenty Emoticons for each emotion was way below estimate; there are many, many more of you than that, and for good reason.

2. Mojo Counsellor and Therapist

:fssmile: Although a mojo is a fiercely loyal sort of creature, they are quick to take offence and prone to histrionics.

:-({|= And don’t we know it. :roll: :lol:

:fssmile: When their Free Spirit is happy with the way things are ‘ going with the rowing ‘, as a lucky charm, the mojo will be quick to attribute this success to themselves, saying in a smug and self - important way, “ That’s down to my influence! They couldn’t have done it without me! “, even though they're not the ones who have dealt with the mental battles and put in the prodigious amounts of time and effort.

However, when, for various reasons, their Free Spirit hits a patch of ‘ slowing of the rowing ‘ and says, “ My mojo’s not working! “ a mojo will flounce around in a silly, theatrical manner and say in an indignant voice, “ Well don’t blame me! As usual I’m the scapegoat! “

The situation goes from bad to worse, when the Free Spirit then says in a gloomy voice, “ I’ve lost my mojo. “ For the outraged mojo, this is interpreted as the ultimate insult and they stalk off in a huff.

And where, my young Emoticon, does the mojo always end up?

:-({|= Why Mb, after aimlessly floating about for five minutes, feeling sorry for themselves, our prima donna comes here, to your consulting rooms, for some counselling and therapy.

:fssmile: Exactly. Which reminds me, I must order some more couches and boxes of tissues - it can get quite busy and fraught in here at times. :shock:

And so, we soothe, we comfort, we sympathise, and we reassure, as we hand out the tissues and listen to the mojo’s list of grievances, imagined or otherwise: they’re unappreciated, taken for granted, not loved anymore, Insulted, ignored, misunderstood, neglected and blamed when everything goes wrong.

:-({|= Oh yes Mb, and if you should gently remind a mojo, that they always take the credit when things are going right, they stop sniffling and spluttering, give you a calculating look over the top of the many tissues they are clutching, and then have a fresh fit of the hysterics. :roll: :lol:

:fssmile: Yes, my dear Mr Holmes, you soon learn not to make that suggestion again. :roll: :fsbgrin: :fswink:

We tell the mojo not to take things so personally, that their Free Spirit needs and misses them very much, especially when they’re going through, for whatever reasons, one of their ‘ rough rowing ‘ patches.

Finally, pacified, and flattered, a mojo, convinced now, that only they can help and support their Free Spirit, will quietly return and wait once again to hear the words, “ My mojo's back! “

My young Sherlock, a mojo may be silly and infuriating sometimes, but they will always be there for their Free Spirit, sticking with them through thick and thin.

:-({|= Yes they will Mb. Until the next time that is ... :roll: :lol:

Support Worker and Demon Destroyer

:fssmile: I think my young detective, that the best way to describe this job is to cast our minds back to the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd February 2014, the final two days of Plummy’s Moveo 1000km Project and Jill’s first, disastrous attempt at rowing.

The consequent events that took place, during those two days, set in motion, the beginnings of this whole affair.

To be continued …
Last edited by Jill on Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sheena

Post by Sheena »

Just caught up with these Jill after missing the posts while on holiday and wanted to catch up in one go. Great change of direction and we just followed up on your mention of the 1 million meter row that Plummy and Anke did (amazing) and I remember reading about your first rowing attempt :lol:

Looking forward to the next episode :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Thank you Sheena. :)

The ' real me ' has had quite a few mental battles with the ' forum me ' - much finger wagging from RM ( who wishes to sink back into relative obscurity ) and much other sort of gestures from FM. ( who?whom? ) :? :lol: RM thinks is a disgrace and the ' black sheep ' of the family ) :roll: :lol: :wink:

Finally a compromise. FM has promised RM, that it will only take another 4 episodes, maximum, to finish the PSH ... If FM reneges on this agreement, then RM will never speak to FM again and will also demand the return of the £1 11s 6d advance. Crikey! Was is that long ago. :lol: :wink:
Jill

Post by Jill »

The Pink Star Heist - Episode Twenty One

:-({|= Wake up Mb!

:fssmile: What … Eh … Errr … What … Oh!

Do forgive me my young friend, did I doze off for a few moments?

:-({|= Yes Mb, you could say that. :roll: :lol: :wink:

:fssmile: A thousand apologies. Now, where were we?

:-({|= Something to do with Plummy's Million Metre Moveo weekend perhaps? [-o<

:fssmile: Ah, yes. What a battle! And the finest example of our job as Support Workers and Demon Destroyers, in the whole of Emoticon history!

:-({|= Of course! And, also the finest example of my absolute favourite sport! Slay Demon Shooting!

BOOM! BOOM! POW! GOTCHA! BOOM! BOOM! SPLAT! GOTCHA! BOOM! BOOM! SPLODGE! GOTCHA! BOOM! BOOM! WHEEE! GOTC …

:fssmile: Ahem ...

:-({|= Sorry Mb. :oops:

:fssmile: It’s okay, I quite understand. :fsbgrin:

:-({|= I was reliving some of the momentous happenings of that weekend , although I’m intrigued to know how there can be a connection between those events and our mysterious Emoticon, Mr Green?

:fssmile: I’m coming to that.

:-({|= What if you should doze off again Mb? [-X :wink:

:fssmile: Not a chance; :fsbgrin: now, if you are floating comfortably, then I’ll continue …
commodoreann
I row on...: Model D with PM4

Post by commodoreann »

This Saturday, Oct 29 I am rowing in the Head of the Fish at my home Club in a single and in a quad.
Saratoga Rowing Association or SRA is where I spend many hours on the water each week so if you notice that I have not been active on the meter board, I have rowed many OTW meters. This is my first year in a single and I am excited to race. (I am looking forward to the adjusted time for age)
This regatta has over 2000 participants over a two day period, quite massive. Here is the link if you are interested.http://www.saratogarowing.com/head-of-the-fish/
Today's snow will stop and hopefully the temperature will rise for Saturday when I row at 9:03am. Those mornings of 35 degrees and a NW wind at 10-15 were not much fun to row in but it certainly makes you tough. #-o My other race is the WM4X at 2:52.
Hoping to stay healthy and strong. :D

Future plans include Crash B's in February and Madchester in May!

Ann :fsbgrin:
ex meter board junkie
I am not getting older, just better. (not bad for a 74 year young lady)
CRASH B silver medal 65-69 lwt 2016
33 million lifetime meters plus and counting......(05/12/20)
5 million season 4/07/11
actually 5.301,526 4/30/11
#44 on the C2 board
Sheena

Post by Sheena »

All the best for the weekend Ann, hope the racing goes well and that the weather picks up!

Looks like a huge event, must take some organising.

Good luck :fsbgrin:
Sheena and Jan
Jill

Post by Jill »

Best wishes and good luck for the weekend Ann - we will keep our fingers and toes crossed, that the weather improves.

Your fitness, toughness and determination will carry you through.

Take care
Jill and Richard :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

The Pink Star Heist - Episode Twenty Two
Jill wrote: What if you should doze off again Mb?

Not a chance; now, if you are floating comfortably, then I’ll continue …
:-({|= I’ll just drift off into Relaxation Mode … Zzzz … Zzzzz … Zzzzzz …

:fssmile: AHEM!! :fsbgrin: :fswink:

:-({|= Sorry Mb. :oops: :roll: :lol:

:fssmile: My young Sherlock, as we already know, when a Free Spirit is rowing they will sometimes stop, put the handle down, step off the erg, stretch, even walk about for a bit, then, after taking a drink, return to their machine and complete the session. This sequence of events invariably occurs during a long row, a half or full marathon for example and is viewed by our FS as a necessary and sensible action and, most importantly, a voluntary one.

Okay, we now come to the occasion when our Free Spirit thinks that putting the handle down during a row, is not seen as a voluntary move at all, but something that’s forced upon them.

So … One, shall we give a name to this particular ‘ handle down ‘ moment and two, shall we also give a name to the creatures whom our Free Spirit holds responsible?

:-({|= Now we’re coming to it Mb:

1. HDing
2. Handle Down Demons or HD Demons as they are better known.

:fssmile: Exactly. To our Free Spirit, the first is seen as deeply wounding to their sensitive ego and therefore, invariably, a cause of embarrassment, despondency, annoyance and regret.

And the second, which always precedes the first …

:-({|= A cause of dread, Mb.

:fssmile: Yes, dear friend, a cause of dread and more feared than being trapped in a lift with Piers Morgan! :shock:

:-({|= Steady on Mb, don’t you think that’s a bit strong?

:-k Mmmm … Yes, your quite right … What was I thinking? Let’s tone it down a bit … A cause of dread and more feared than the ‘ Full Blown Horror ‘ of being trapped in a lift with Piers Morgan! :shock:

:fssmile: :-({|= :lol: :lol: :lol:

:fssmile: :-({|= Focus! [-X :lol:

:fssmile: Let’s picture a Free Spirit for a moment, sitting on the erg and about to start their row. They’ve programmed a distance into the monitor … they’ve picked up the handle … they’ve readied themselves … they’re mentally prepared … and away they go.

But then, during the row, something happens … doubts start to set in; I do not intend to list the many and varied reasons behind these unwanted mental intrusions, because I know that our Free Spirit will have, on occasion, experienced most of them. To us, they all come under the heading, negative thoughts, whereas to our Free Spirit, they are The HD Demons.

:-({|= Oh dear Mb … This is all starting to sound a bit depressing …

:fssmile: Take heart young Sherlock! Who haven’t we mentioned yet?

:-k Mmmm … How stupid of me #-o … Of course! The Angels! :D

:fssmile: Yes, dear chap, The Angels, or to give them their rightful name, positive thoughts, which again I’m sure I do not have to list …?

And so begins a psychological struggle, positive thoughts versus negative thoughts; Angels versus Demons. Who will win this battle? If the Demons triumph, then there’s only one outcome; HDing, but if The Angels succeed …

:-({|= Then that’s where we come in as Support Workers and Demon Destroyers. 8) :D

:fssmile: Or to quote a young Emoticon who is rather partial to Slay Demon Shooting: : 8) :fsbgrin:

BOOM! BOOM! POW! GOTCHA! :fsbgrin:

:-({|= I can hardly wait now for the next episode. :D

:fssmile: Yes, my young marksman, from now on the story is going to liven up somewhat.

:-({|= Plummy and The Angels versus the HD Demons. 8) :D

:fssmile: Yes ... I'm still not entirely sure that that young man is quite right in the head. :fssmile: :fswink:***

To be continued ...

*** :fssmile: I would like to point out that my remarks were made 4 days before the above went to press and therefore 4 days before young Plummy confessed on The Crazy Bear Thread or was it the Training Thread, to being a ' nutter '. :fsbgrin: :fswink:
Last edited by Jill on Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jill

Post by Jill »

I'm reading (smaller).jpeg
I'm reading (smaller).jpeg (310.99 KiB) Viewed 4103 times
Just in case some sceptics are doubtful whether The Spirit of The Meterboard and his Emoticons exist ... :lol:
zootMutant
I row on...: Model D with PM4

Post by zootMutant »

:shock: :oops: :-k 8) :lol: