The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Thomas W-P
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model C with PM3

Post by Thomas W-P »

...I had not tested it and noone told me it was not working! Anyway the penny finally dropped and I look forward to seeing what you produce. You need to go to the profile and scroll to the bottom.

Avatar must be small (<6k in size).
Last edited by Thomas W-P on Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
51 yrs - A cyclist these days
plummy
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by plummy »

OK - where do you get a picture SMALL enough to only be a <6k file. All my digital photos are 300k+ and won't resize down that far
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
ReducingFB
Stop posting and start rowing!

Re: Avatars

Post by ReducingFB »

plummy wrote:OK - where do you get a picture SMALL enough to only be a <6k file. All my digital photos are 300k+ and won't resize down that far
I agree - Thomas, what do we do ? :?
65; 6'-4" 20 stone (aug 2014) - looking forward to a healthy retirement, when I recover the Equitable losses
Gregor Andrews
True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by Gregor Andrews »

Same here. That's why I created that other thread about how to link to an avatar at a different site.
6'6" 1971
Thomas W-P
I row on...: Model C with PM3

Post by Thomas W-P »

Well, you need to resize the picture. This is not trivial for many PC users. Microsoft have produced the Image Sizer Powertoy(needs installing) which can be used to make images smaller by right clicking on them and selecting "Resize images". It is a bit basic though.

In Windows there are a lot of applications that can resize images. The basic "Paint" can do it under "stretch and skew" if you change the percentage size.

Post here if you are stuck and I will try and help.

Thomas

P.S. The issue with the size of image is if we allow huge images they break the look and feel of the site and also cost bandwidth - we are on a relatively cheap hosting package deal here and bandwidth is not unlimited. By hosting an image off-site (like at flickr.com) they provide the bandwidth. I think you might be able to resize within flickr too.
51 yrs - A cyclist these days