Meterboard error

Where should the web site go - what should we do? Who has the time between rows?

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

MikeW
Warming up
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Meterboard error

Post by MikeW »

Sorry to be a nuisance, but I'm repeatedly getting the following error when I go to meterboard3 on the website in chrome browser on windows 10. Any ideas please?

Fatal error: Uncaught mysqli_sql_exception: You have an error in your SQL syntax;[content removed by moderator]
JonT
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020

Re: Meterboard error

Post by JonT »

Sorry to hear that Mike. Is anyone else seeing this problem? Meterboard3 is working OK for me in Firefox and Chrome.

Mike - are you accessing the main meterboard or are you looking at your entry in it (i.e. clicking on your name from the meterboard page)? What is your user name on the Meterboard?

Jon
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
MikeW
Warming up

Post by MikeW »

Hi Jon,
Thanks for getting back to me. I'm trying to access the main meterboard from the menu at the top of the home page. My name on the meterboard is "Mike Wilson".
PS I do seem to be able to see the meterboard from the chrome browser on my phone.
Mike
JonT

Post by JonT »

That’s a tricky one to explain then. I can’t reproduce it, and as I understand it it is working for you on your phone but not on your original device (PC?). I thought it may be related to cookies in some way, but even if I run the Meterboard in a browser with no cookies allowed I still can’t get the error to appear.

Do you have any other browser that you could use to see if you still get the error?

I’m assuming the lack of responses mean that nobody else is experiencing this at the moment?

Jon
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
MikeW
Warming up

Post by MikeW »

Thanks Jon,
Curiouser and curiouser...I tried clearing the browser cache, logged out and refreshed the leaderboard - and it worked!
But...I then logged in, selected the leaderboard, and received the error message again.
Maybe I should just remain logged out?
Mike
JonT

Post by JonT »

It’s really hard to know what is happening at your end.

Personally I stay logged in all the time.

I wish I could reproduce the problem to get to the bottom of it. I suspect it is a combination of cookies and the browser settings. Cookies are notoriously tricky to handle, and as browser settings have become more complex it is harder and harder to be able to cater for all of the combinations.

Jon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
plummy
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by plummy »

Not sure where to put this so opted for here...I definitely rowed more than 1900m on June 19th (Juneteenth challenge) and I have no icon. Was I suppose to sign up for it on the C2 site (I think I assumed it was automatic)?
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
JonT

Post by JonT »

“How To Participate

Anyone with an online logbook at log.concept2.com can participate in this challenge. If you don't have a logbook account, you can sign up on our Registration page.

To take part in this challenge, you must sign up from the main Logbook page in June.”

Looks like it Plummy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk