June CTC: 5k

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Grobi
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2019
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Re: June CTC: 5k

Post by Grobi »

Well done to Ingrid Ermler for floating another boat for Free Spirits! =D>
Athletes row, others just play games

Peter

55y, 1,89m, 85kg

stumpy
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Post by stumpy »

I'm quite enjoying these CTC 5 km, the first one was done with short multi breaks as I really needed to stop :lol: the second one was managed with a single stop at half way :? And today's yep you guessed no stops :fsgrin: :D 23:44.5. It would be really appreciated if a lady and two guys could get the amazing Roger and myself afloat please.
Mat
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit

Post by Mat »

Nice improvement Jon 8) and a well executed row Peter =D> Great 5k Erik - must be very satisfying to go fastest since your CA ^O^ Nice work from Carole and Stumpy too :fsbgrin:
Awesome stuff from Claudius ^O^ Looks like a tough row judging by the splits. I did try to borrow from your admirable approach, but it didn't quite work :?

Last week's attempt was a bit of a failure as I went off too fast and baled early... then did the same yesterday. This morning I had to get to the end, but it wasn't without a few demons. It did look as if sub 18' was on for much of the row, but it got very hard with about 1500m to go. I dug in for a while and then stopped a few hundred metres later. At that point Claudius appeared on my shoulder telling me not to DNF :lol: I started pulling again, and despite one other brief stop, finally got to the end a few minutes later. Not sub 18', but another improvement on the last attempt, and I'm happy with that :D :D
IMG_3174.jpeg
IMG_3174.jpeg (26.02 KiB) Viewed 408 times
53, 6'2" and trying to get back to 95kg post hip replacement. Looking back fondly on past achievements I've no chance of repeating
Claudius

Post by Claudius »

Excellent rows everyone ! Superb, Mat! Especially because you didn't DNFinishing! I wonder if anyone understands what I mean by my statement about this? What does FreeWilly have to do with it? Anyway... now for something completely different ? I did it on slides since I recently bought some, and pimped up my cockpit under the roof where it is a little cumbersome to switch to a static erg...so this might be my last ctc. Because the last debates on this topic have been very tense lately, that it is cheaty, if or if not - it is still a concept2. Maybe I'll write something about it.
“Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?”
(J.R.R.T.)