March CTC - 30 minutes

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Liefcat
Free Spirit forever
I row on...: Model C with PM3

March CTC - 30 minutes

Post by Liefcat »

U Chicago Crew has chosen a thirty minutes row with no restrictions as the March CTC.

I guess this should appeal to many of our Free Spirtis... :fssmile: :fssmile:

Old enough to know better - young enough to do it anyway
Mat
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Re: March CTC - 30 minutes

Post by Mat »

Nice one 8) Always a good training piece and a great marker for current level of rowing fitness
I haven't actually gone beyond 6k since my op so I guess its time to put on my big boy pants and get prepared to sweat! :lol:
53, 6'2" and trying to get back to 95kg post hip replacement. Looking back fondly on past achievements I've no chance of repeating
Carole S
Rower and forum addict...
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by Carole S »

Just had a go with full on sweat, higher drag than usual and very noisy Kenny Wayne Shepherd mixed with Viking rowing tracks 😂
Im still nowhere near what I used to be but it was fun and full of endorphins and boat 1 is off the dock

:fsbgrin:
25 million lifetime meters :fsgrin:
plummy
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by plummy »

I scraped over 7km for only the second time this season so I'm actually quite happy with that. Another 40m or so and it would have been an SB so maybe I'll actually have a second go this month.
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
Wolfmiester

Post by Wolfmiester »

Joined the early gang.
7688 / 1:57.1 / 24
felt quite hard, losing stamina and strength is part of getting older I suppose ... :roll:

by the way, what's the best way to enter a score from an Apple device? Neither safari of Firefox seem to work...
Wolfie

Age 59 Height 6'4" Weight 93k
duffyoz
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Post by duffyoz »

Well done Carole -
mixed with Viking rowing tracks
I had to google/spotify this - excellent choice, now I have some new music to do the boring rows with

No real go at the 30min yet, soon :fsbgrin:
Carole S

Post by Carole S »

duffyoz wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:04 pm Well done Carole -
mixed with Viking rowing tracks
I had to google/spotify this - excellent choice, now I have some new music to do the boring rows with
Hi Lesley
My faves at moment are a band called Skald..a mix of tempos and not too much shouting like some others
:lol:
25 million lifetime meters :fsgrin:
Draggon
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)

Post by Draggon »

Wolfmiester wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:17 pm Joined the early gang.
7688 / 1:57.1 / 24
felt quite hard, losing stamina and strength is part of getting older I suppose ... :roll:

by the way, what's the best way to enter a score from an Apple device? Neither safari of Firefox seem to work...
Nice row, Wolfie! And thanks for the reminder that I'm declining every day from here forward.... :D :D

On the Apple front - I have no idea. I could not get anything to work while on the ship even though there were moments that looked like progress. I did enter my time on some kind of desktop Apple computer, but could not get the iPhone or iPad to work.
Draggon

Post by Draggon »

Pulled an SB (barely) for 7437, but also felt there was a little more in the tank. I believe (barring injury) that I'll better that by the end of the month as I'm now participating in the Mud Season Madness challenge at the 10K level! 4 for 4 so far! (Today was a 30 Min with a lengthy 3500M cooldown... :D )
JonT

Post by JonT »

Wolfmiester wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:17 pm by the way, what's the best way to enter a score from an Apple device? Neither safari of Firefox seem to work...
This doesn't quite answer the question, but John posted this a while back giving a solution to entry on iPhone/iPad using Ergzone - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm8CV8vrJxI
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
JonT

Post by JonT »

Today’s session was meant to be a test run to get a view on pace. It turns out I now know what the target pace is, because there’s no way I am going faster than this this month.

I’m trying to do much more in terms of rowing within certain HR ranges rather than at a target pace. This is meant to make me feel less pain. This still felt hard, and was way off my SB, which is fair but disappointing.

Anyway, two boats afloat now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
Liefcat
Free Spirit forever

Post by Liefcat »

Did 7276m today. Actually an SB (was 7237m) :!: :D

Mat

Post by Mat »

Some very nice rows here with SBs already from Erik and Draggon =D> =D>

Had a first go on Wednesday and baled out at 24' so determined to get a starting point on the board with today's session. Split the row up into 3' splits and just kept counting up to 75 strokes which seemed to work

Really pleased with 7962m (1:53.0, 24). I always like to make sure I exceed 8k on a 30' CTC, and with that start I'm quietly confident I'll get there by month end :fsbgrin:
53, 6'2" and trying to get back to 95kg post hip replacement. Looking back fondly on past achievements I've no chance of repeating
Wolfmiester

Post by Wolfmiester »

JonT wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:10 am
Wolfmiester wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:17 pm by the way, what's the best way to enter a score from an Apple device? Neither safari of Firefox seem to work...
This doesn't quite answer the question, but John posted this a while back giving a solution to entry on iPhone/iPad using Ergzone - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm8CV8vrJxI
Thanks Jon, I'll try it out ...
Wolfie

Draggon

Post by Draggon »

Draggon wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:14 pm Pulled an SB (barely) for 7437, but also felt there was a little more in the tank. I believe (barring injury) that I'll better that by the end of the month
Sooner than I expected... I sat down for a somewhat leisurely 10K today and realized I'd gotten off to a pretty good start, so I converted it into a 30 Minute row (along with a 3500M CD for my Mud Season Madness meters).

I pulled a PB!! My first ever sub-2 Minute pace 30 Minutes at 7519. Along the way, I nearly PB'ed my 5K (SB only for now) and DID PB my 6K (literally by .1 secs :lol: ).

Maybe more to come before the end of March, but pretty happy today! :fsbgrin:
Wolfmiester

Post by Wolfmiester »

Fantastic Ron 😎
Wolfie

Claudius
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2019

Post by Claudius »

Draggon wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:19 am I pulled a PB!! My first ever sub-2 Minute pace 30 Minutes at 7519.
Congratulations ! Great effort ! Well done all early finishers !
“Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?”
(J.R.R.T.)
Mat

Post by Mat »

Fantastic row Ron - well done =D>
It sounds as if theres a few more PBs set to fall soon :twisted:
Caratacus

Post by Caratacus »

Hello everyone! Got to the gym today intending to do a light warmup then go for a swim but saw that the old beat up and frankly almost unrowable old machines had been upgraded to brand new Rowergs so really had to have a go. Went with the classic 30r20 which was a bread and butter workout for me back in the day and was pretty happy to sneak over 7500m. 1st erg for 7 months but will probably get back into it a bit more now. Also can confirm that ergzone works really well for entering score from Apple devices
Felton H
Liefcat
Free Spirit forever

Post by Liefcat »

Well done, all :!: =D> =D>

You will definitely get passed 8k, Mat :!: :D

And Big Congrats to Dave on ctc no. 200 :!: ^O^

JonT

Post by JonT »

Caratacus wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:06 pm Hello everyone! Got to the gym today intending to do a light warmup then go for a swim but saw that the old beat up and frankly almost unrowable old machines had been upgraded to brand new Rowergs so really had to have a go. Went with the classic 30r20 which was a bread and butter workout for me back in the day and was pretty happy to sneak over 7500m. 1st erg for 7 months but will probably get back into it a bit more now. Also can confirm that ergzone works really well for entering score from Apple devices
Welcome back Felton :fssmile: :fssmile: :fssmile:
redshell
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
Location: South Yorkshire born & bred living in Eynsford, Kent

Post by redshell »

Managed a very poor 6041. And just to let you know Margaret H is my 85 yr old Mum who registered her first CTC for a long time this month.
Previously was under the name of Michelle's Mum! I cannot remember how long ago it was.
Anyway she started rowing and using an indoor bike to aid her recovery at the start of the year. Doing the odd few minutes. Now she does between 20 - 40 minutes in total most days she is at ours and loves it!
Claudius

Post by Claudius »

Congratulations to all those who have already completed the 30 minutes. Great performance Michelle and especially from your mum. Thanks for inviting me to the Strava Challenges, but I decided to retire from Strava for a while, sorry. Just like I'm going to withdraw from other places.
Of course you all can still ask me some questions here. I have also added a note to this post: viewtopic.php?p=158043#p158043

Let's see if I participate this month, things change, in this sense: all the best.
“Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?”
(J.R.R.T.)
chrisnew

Post by chrisnew »

Just added my score for the month. A controlled, sub max effort, but very pleased with the distance, about 40m short of a PB. Not sure I will have chance to have another good go as I will focus on a good 10km for the IRL
Attachments
IMG_5452.jpeg
IMG_5452.jpeg (146.22 KiB) Viewed 994 times

Trying to make this season the season of the PB!
duffyoz
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Post by duffyoz »

Got it done last weekend before being away for work and other things planned now im back home. A horrible session only managing 6910, way off my best, but a season best since the only real one I've done. Managed to pinch my rib nerve AGAIN but first time when actually rowing. It forced me to stop twice. Boat floated, best I can say about that.