Indoor Rowers League 2021-22

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Shmoo
Stop posting and start rowing!
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Re: Indoor Rowers League 2021-22

Post by Shmoo »

Your max HR there is what I hit when I am doing a vigorous warm up #-o
My heart is like the rest of me Jon - lazy :lol:
JonT
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020

Post by JonT »

See what I mean! This is an easy 18spm 5k potter after an equally easy weights session. My HR curve pretty much matches your 500m oneImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
JonT

Post by JonT »

I popped a time in today. Season's Best but a long way off PB. That gives us seven entries now. Thanks to all who have put a time in over the last few days (or far earlier in some cases). Just one more seat to fill and we will have managed to fill the boat for every event this season.

Jon
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
Shmoo

Post by Shmoo »

Nice one Jon! Nearly afloat :-)
My HR curve pretty much matches your 500m one
I think heart rate slows as you get older so I’m probably just ageing fast!!
Louise
chrisnew
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2019

Post by chrisnew »

Managed to get my row in, after another positive test, 13 days now!

Definitely sub par and way off pb, but surprisingly quick considering. Definitely flagging at the end. I hope not much longer before Covid does one!
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-04-29 at 19.33.01.png
Screenshot 2022-04-29 at 19.33.01.png (59.86 KiB) Viewed 659 times

Trying to make this season the season of the PB!
JonT

Post by JonT »

chrisnew wrote:Managed to get my row in, after another positive test, 13 days now!
Thanks for putting in a time despite feeling rough Chris. Hopefully you will be on the road to recovery soon! It took me 5 weeks Image

With Chris’ time entered we have our final boat of the season afloat; something we have achieved despite having an empty seat all season. We currently sit in 7th place and I’m sure we will stay Top-10.

Thanks all!!

chrisnew

Post by chrisnew »

JonT wrote:
chrisnew wrote:Managed to get my row in, after another positive test, 13 days now!
Thanks for putting in a time despite feeling rough Chris. Hopefully you will be on the road to recovery soon! It took me 5 weeks Image

With Chris’ time entered we have our final boat of the season afloat; something we have achieved despite having an empty seat all season. We currently sit in 7th place and I’m sure we will stay Top-10.

Thanks all!!

Thanks Jon, am preparing for it to be a few weeks before fully back up to speed. Great we have a full boat for the season

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shmoo

Post by Shmoo »

Great job Chris. Hope you start to feel properly recovered soon.
Louise
chrisnew

Post by chrisnew »

Shmoo wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:44 am Great job Chris. Hope you start to feel properly recovered soon.
Louise
Thanks Louise, appreciated. At least it is the end of the season so can reset now and start again

Mike Channin
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by Mike Channin »

I've ended up putting in a weak time (1:47.5), but at least it was an entry (It was actually the last 500m of a 60min, but still the fastest continuous 500m I did this month)
Early month was hayfever limited, and then was getting up to speed targeting a 1:30 500m, but disaster on the first attempt, straining my back at the start.
It's mostly recovered now, but I'm wary of pushing it too far with sprints again just yet.
5'11", 50 - older, slower, greyer, fatter (and needs to update the sig times too)
JonT

Post by JonT »

Mike Channin wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:37 am I've ended up putting in a weak time (1:47.5), but at least it was an entry (It was actually the last 500m of a 60min, but still the fastest continuous 500m I did this month)
Early month was hayfever limited, and then was getting up to speed targeting a 1:30 500m, but disaster on the first attempt, straining my back at the start.
It's mostly recovered now, but I'm wary of pushing it too far with sprints again just yet.
Thanks Mike. I love the "It was actually the last 500m of a 60min"! =D> #-o

With Mike's time I think we managed to fill every seat of every event except when I had Covid during the 10K :oops:
JonT

Post by JonT »

The results are in and we finished eighth overall. Thanks everyone for putting in the time and effort.

Jon

Shmoo

Post by Shmoo »

Jon,
Thanks so much for organizing this and motivating us as a team all season. Lads, thanks for all the kind words and banter. I have really enjoyed this, and the ‘pressure’ to put in a row for the team each month has got me back on the rower after periods where either the day job or germs have kept me off it, and I really value this.
Reckon we should be proud of 8th - let’s hope it runs again next year and we get another crack at it.
Louise
chrisnew

Post by chrisnew »

Shmoo wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:30 am Jon,
Thanks so much for organizing this and motivating us as a team all season. Lads, thanks for all the kind words and banter. I have really enjoyed this, and the ‘pressure’ to put in a row for the team each month has got me back on the rower after periods where either the day job or germs have kept me off it, and I really value this.
Reckon we should be proud of 8th - let’s hope it runs again next year and we get another crack at it.
Louise
Well said Louise, totally echo that. Fingers crossed it is back this season, I will definitely be in again

Mike Channin
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by Mike Channin »

I love the "It was actually the last 500m of a 60min"! =D> #-o
Possibly not quite optimal... :D I think I was actually a bit quicker for the exact last 500m, but I only had 2min splits so had to use that as the nearest properly recorded value.
I'd realised I was on for an SB, but only if I went pretty crazy. I got it by ..... (drum roll) .... 1 solitary metre!!!!! (Every one counts though!) - I was pulling 1:29 R47 at the end, and did get as low as 1:26 in the final strokes.
5'11", 50 - older, slower, greyer, fatter (and needs to update the sig times too)