A bit lost after a few years off

A forum for discussing training programmes, indoor racing, things that work for you, coaching etc.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

wojtek
Rower and forum addict...
I row on...: Model D with PM5

A bit lost after a few years off

Post by wojtek »

Hi Everyone,

Trying to get back into the whole swing of things on the rower, but with a new PM5, a new chest belt and having being out of it for a couple (errr, ok quite a number of years) I am not sure how to sync everything to the online log book, get into the Nontathlon, start accumulating meters and getting on with challenges.

It took me ages just to find my old login details and passwords for Concept 2 and Free Spirits.

If anyone wants to give me a "quick refresher" a heads up on how to get synched and what groovy new apps or programs there are ( I am Android user not Apple) I would really appreciate it!

Thanks, and lots of love from Cali, Colombia!

Wojtek

Wolfmiester
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020

Re: A bit lost after a few years off

Post by Wolfmiester »

hi pal,
I think most folk use the free 'Erg Data' app ?
Although, I have it but still manually load all my sessions so can't really comment any more than that.
Wolfie

Age 59 Height 6'4" Weight 93k
plummy
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by plummy »

WOW - now that IS a blast from the past. Woj the magnificent is back on line after a monumental hiatus. Great to hear from you. Have you recovered from that row at the English Champs in Manchester yet? - I mean, it was only about 12 years ago and you really didn't look well at the end (i think I might have some video or a photo or two of that)
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
JonT

Post by JonT »

If you have a PM5 and new heart monitor then I would go with ErgData. This is Concept2’s own app. It will connect to your PM5 and also your Concept2 id. Once you have it all connected, every session can be uploaded for you to your log book automatically.

Just shout if you need help getting everything connected.
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
wojtek

Post by wojtek »

JonT wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:16 pm If you have a PM5 and new heart monitor then I would go with ErgData. This is Concept2’s own app. It will connect to your PM5 and also your Concept2 id. Once you have it all connected, every session can be uploaded for you to your log book automatically.

Just shout if you need help getting everything connected.
Hi Jon,

I thought I got everything connected but data from my Erg data app does not seem to updating my online log book automatically.

I have the PM5 linked to Erg Data, I have my heart rate belt linked to both, and I logged into the log book from the Erg data application. I see the Sync Information button on the Erg Data app but when I press this nothing much happens. Is there a lag time on this, or should it be automatic?

Any ideas?

Wojtek

wojtek

Post by wojtek »

Actually just got it sorted. Thanks,

First row since 2009! Feels good to be back.

Woj