PM5 problems

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

jainser
Dedicated and True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM5

PM5 problems

Post by jainser »

At the end of a row the PM5 powers down - great Only problem is it won't power back up again. First thought was dead/low batteries. So I replaced them and i still did it. Only way I get life into it is by taking out and putting the batteries in!!

I'm new to the PM5, so is this a problem anyone else has had?
Engineered for Eating, Designed for Drinking
JonT
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020

Re: PM5 problems

Post by JonT »

I have one and have not had any problems. It may be worth doing a firmware upgrade just to eliminate that as a possible issue, that will also force a complete restart of the PM5 which may also help if it has got itself into a mess.

Do you keep a USB stick plugged in to it all the time? That has also been known to cause some issues.
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
jainser

Post by jainser »

JonT wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:25 pm I have one and have not had any problems. It may be worth doing a firmware upgrade just to eliminate that as a possible issue, that will also force a complete restart of the PM5 which may also help if it has got itself into a mess.

Do you keep a USB stick plugged in to it all the time? That has also been known to cause some issues.
Firmware is good. Nah I only keep the USB in while rowing. Was thinking maybe a reset??
JonT

Post by JonT »

I would drop a note to Concept2. Their support team are really good.

If you keep the batteries out and start rowing does the PM5 come to life? What Model are you using by the way?
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
jainser

Post by jainser »

JonT wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:31 am I would drop a note to Concept2. Their support team are really good.

If you keep the batteries out and start rowing does the PM5 come to life? What Model are you using by the way?
Yeah, went on the utility tool and saw you can send them a diagnostic of your monitor along with the problem. Very good. I did hit the reset button on the back and so far that seems to have done the trick?? Time will tell. I have a Model D rower. So when I brought the PM5 it came with the new arm and (very usefully) an iPhone holder.

Will see how it goes.
jainser

Post by jainser »

Well it's still doing it!! Getting the error/warning message 'ATTENTION - The Sensor Wire is damaged' now? I hit continue and it works. Looked through the forum on C2 and I'm not along with this. Think I will get a new one though. The online store has

Sensor Coil

and a

Power Generator Assembly

They both look the part?

Going to email Concept.

The only way I get the PM5 to turn on is to press the small reset button!

Not happy.
JonT

Post by JonT »

Latest instalment?
jainser

Post by jainser »

Hey Jon,

Yep it was a duff!! Concept have sent out a replacement and so far so good.

The power generator was also dodgy. Had fun replacing that, used it as an excuse to do a bit of maintenance / cleaning of the rower as well.
Iain
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by Iain »

Glad problem resolved.

Not a PM5 issue as I have a PM3. BUt has anyone else noticed a disparity between the total of intervals and the total for a workout? My regular slow distances are typically 6 or 7 x 15 min. I try and hit targets exactly and these are almost always within 1M of target. But the total is 7-12M less every time, so the difference is usually too great to be accounted for by a rounding down. Not a big assue, but annoying as my record recorded by interval doesn't tie up to my logbook taken from the totals.
55 year old Lwt (in ability and in weight) trying to develop a technique that doesn't cause hysterics and continue to row regularly.