New Online Indoor Rowing Competition - Row555

A forum for discussing training programmes, indoor racing, things that work for you, coaching etc.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Recess
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2015
I row on...: Model D with PM5

New Online Indoor Rowing Competition - Row555

Post by Recess »

I hope you don't mind me popping back on here to post about this. Although I row under another banner nowadays, my days with FS have still been the most relaxed and socially happy times I've had - and I've never rowed as fast as I did when I was a Free Spirit. (Starts to wonder why he left...)

Anyway. Of course, do delete if I'm crossing the streams by posting, but I wanted to let you know that to try to fill in the void when it comes to proper competitions at the moment, I've set up an online comp called Row555. Registration (£10) and full details can be found here: https://app.throwdowns.com/competitions/row555/

Straight up competition, no handicaps - but split into the standard Concept 2 age / weight / Gender categories to give at least a fair spread across the competition. Prizes for winners are likely to be medals / t-shirts or similar - but then all profits will be re-distributed across the entrants via series of lotterys.

Any questions, please ask.

John
It's not how far you go... It's how go you far.

Follow my training blog as I try to break a world record: http://johntherower.com
Wolfmiester
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020

Re: New Online Indoor Rowing Competition - Row555

Post by Wolfmiester »

Hi John, you are always welcome.
Great initiative, hope you get plenty of participants.
Wolfie

Age 59 Height 6'4" Weight 93k
JonT

Post by JonT »

Great to hear from you John. Feels like a long time since we used to bump into each other on RowPro 30-minute sessions. I hope you are well.
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
Recess

Post by Recess »

JonT wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:38 am Great to hear from you John. Feels like a long time since we used to bump into each other on RowPro 30-minute sessions. I hope you are well.
I'm well thanks. A bit injured, but apart from that, well. I'm doing the Sunday morning RowPro's most weeks (10:00) - but don't have much of a chance for the evening ones right now. Again, I was much faster when I was doing those tough 30's every few nights. What have I done?!? :D
It's not how far you go... It's how go you far.

Follow my training blog as I try to break a world record: http://johntherower.com