Don’t swim on Friday 13

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Liefcat
Free Spirit forever
I row on...: Model C with PM3

Re: Don’t swim on Friday 13

Post by Liefcat »

Oh, only read this now! Oh, what a shock Paul! And how lucky you were as Tako said to have survive and with little or none lasting damages... Soon you will get rid of your rib pain as well! 8)

Also thanks for sharing your story, Roger B! :fssmile: And fantastic it turned out so well! :D :D
Wolfmiester wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:49 am Wow man, good to have you still with us!
Of course, those that know you best would never suggest you've had slight brain damage for decades ;-)
At hospital after my big CA, I used to say: they asked my girl friend if I had the same personality as before... Unfortunately, she answered that it was still the same... :lol: :lol:

Old enough to know better - young enough to do it anyway
Dogma Dave
Spends too much time in the forum
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Post by Dogma Dave »

paulgould wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:53 am A cautionary tale - went for my daily swim on Friday and as I was finishing up I felt a massive pain in my chest which I knew was a heart attack - the next thing I remember is waking up in hospital 2 days later. Apparently the lifeguards at the pool gave me CPR for 25 minutes , I had 3 defibrillations in the ambulance and was put in an induced coma for 2 days. The hospital told my wife and daughter that there was a good chance I wouldn’t wake up and an 80% chance of brain damage - thankfully neither of the above happened due to two very determined young men.
They expect me too o make a full recovery - my ribs are very painful and I have some pneumonia from inhaling the pool water - my wife has been asking me how to take the erg apart so they can hide it from me in the summer house😃😃

Paul G
Scary stuff indeed Paul! Sounds like you have dodged a bullet there my friend. . Kudos (as ever...) to the fantastic medical staff. hope your recovery continues apace and that you are back doing the things you enjoy before very long...
paulgould
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by paulgould »

Scary stuff indeed Paul! Sounds like you have dodged a bullet there my friend. . Kudos (as ever...) to the fantastic medical staff. hope your recovery continues apace and that you are back doing the things you enjoy before very long...
[/quote]

Thanks for the good wishes, Dave and Erik - my recovery is going really well. :fsbgrin:

Paul G
56, 1.74m , Sep '20 - 114 kg , currently - 98 kg
200m - 30.8
300m - 47.7
30r20 - 7754m
12 hr - 139300m
100 mile - 14:10.12
200km - 18:28.30
Grobi
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2019
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2019
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by Grobi »

Good to read that your recovery is going well Paul!
Athletes row, others just play games

Peter

55y, 1,89m, 85kg