Had a good day (not rowing)?

Tired of talking about rowing and want to talk about the real world? Enter a forum where rowing is a rude word...

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

webberg
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Had a good day (not rowing)?

Post by webberg »

This is the optimistic end of the previous topic I posted.

Let's hear about success and how things are going well.

For starters, yesterday I dipped below 80kgs for the first time in several years. On target for LWT status by the year end. 8)

Also, I think that that I've managed to kick the airlines, travel companies and sundry others into position to enjoy my holiday that starts next FRIDAY. :P

Also, I have an interview for a new job the day before. For only the second time in my career I've been headhunted for this position! :wink:

Feel so good that a crack at one of my PB's is on for tonight. I might even try to sharpen up all of my sprints as I can't do enough metres to go up a place on the board.
:P :P :P
Uphill to the finish

ID 140904
jainser
Dedicated and True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by jainser »

Seems the best place for this. Always a good day in my books if it involves food!

Just got back from a eat-as-much-as-you-can-chinise-buffet. Which take as a challenge every time.

Did myself proud. Limited myself to only 3 visits to the food counter but they were large plates. Even noticed an admiring glance from a fella sitting on route to my table.
Then finished it off with a bowl of ice cream.

Looks like I might be rowing again this evening. although to work off that little lot I think I think i will need to row all bloody night!!!!
Engineered for Eating, Designed for Drinking
Mikey
Spends too much time in the forum
I row on...: Model C with PM2

Post by Mikey »

Not only did Chelsea 'do' Barcelona last night but it meant that my spanish mate had to pay his dues and fork out for a decent lunch!

Good result all round really :D
48, 6'1 15st.
PB's
Thomas W-P
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model C with PM3

Post by Thomas W-P »

jainser wrote:Did myself proud.
I am proud of you big man. I have lost my 2 stone doing exactly this. Eat when I want, what I want. Sitting here chomping green and black chocolate :D
51 yrs - A cyclist these days
jainser

Post by jainser »

Passed my 'First Aid at Work' course this week :D

Monday to Thursday putting triangular bandages on various different people, rolling around on the floor and blowing air into a doll (named Annie) with no arms or legs. Oh what fun :wink:
webberg

Post by webberg »

Well done Jainser.

Best first aid course I eber did saw the instructor break her arm whilst being put into the recovery position by one of the trainees!

Not very nice at the time but a complete hoot afterwards. :lol:
Uphill to the finish

ID 140904
Paul Victory
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by Paul Victory »

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a good day (not rowing), but my day went as follows:

Morning - took the dog for a walk for about an hour at snail's pace (still somewhat sore in the gluteus maximus). She was delighted with the slow pace as it gave her plenty of opportunity to sniff at everything along the way. Undid any good from the walk by having two croissants when I got home.

Afternoon - watched Leinster lose to Edinburgh by one point and Padraig Harrington win the Order of Merit. The mixed fortunes of the Irish armchair sports fan.

Evening - watched TV, ate loads of biscuits and cheese and drank a bottle of wine (and part of a second bottle!).

I figure I've now managed to undo any good from doing the marathon yesterday, so I'll have to try another one tomorrow to coincide with the Dublin City Marathon (only kidding!).

If I'm feeling energetic, I'll try to do 5k or so tomorrow. Alternatively, I may just take advantage of the Bank Holiday and spend the day in bed.

Paul
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
jainser

Post by jainser »

Got my new company car the other day. A Mitsubishi L200. Love it!! Loads of Chrome, big arsed wheels and tinted windows, and with the diesel engine it sounds like a tractor!

Have to give the little fella a hand getting it in though!!
Mike Channin
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by Mike Channin »

Spent today pirouetting around the spare runways at North Weald Airfield. Did it a little too over-enthusastically at one point and took two of my tyres off the rims. Managed to get it all sorted out in the end, and then spend more time pirouetting (but a little more carefully this time). Even had a go at drag racing. Seem to permanently be smelling burning clutch and tortured tyres, even when nowhere near the car.
5'11", 50 - older, slower, greyer, fatter (and needs to update the sig times too)
jainser

Post by jainser »

I'm about 30 minutes away from North Weald where I work
Mike Channin

Post by Mike Channin »

I think I was about 30 minutes away when the car stopped after the really high speed spin that removed the tyres!

Thomas lives not far from there as well - we'll have to arrange to drop in on him some time. Possibly an evening in the next few weeks. How does that sound, Thomas?
5'11", 50 - older, slower, greyer, fatter (and needs to update the sig times too)
jainser

Post by jainser »

That would be great. Was only over ay North Weald the other day picking up some racking for work. On that day there was a few folks 'thrashing' the arse off their cars. Looked great, even more so when you are driving a Citreon Relay!!!!!!!!
Thomas W-P
I row on...: Model C with PM3

Post by Thomas W-P »

Mike Channin wrote:Thomas lives not far from there as well - we'll have to arrange to drop in on him some time. Possibly an evening in the next few weeks. How does that sound, Thomas?
I am about 30 mins from North weald. Sounds fine. I'd love to meet Shrek. He makes me laugh so much in this thread. Ware is only 30 minutes from here anyway.
51 yrs - A cyclist these days
Mike Channin

Post by Mike Channin »

Ware?

(sorry, hat to do that!) :lol:

(edited so it actually makes sense :oops: )
Last edited by Mike Channin on Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
jainser

Post by jainser »

Game on. I'm always up for a beer :D
webberg

Post by webberg »

Got home about 1:00am from second interview for a new job. Met 6 new people including MD and dinner bill over 1K! :shock:

Reckon they're serious so feeling gooooood.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

This might be 3 months gardening leave (= 10k x 5 x 13 = 650k) and a few PB's. ##

Should I accept?

Now though 1:54 am GMT and had thought about a marathon at 9am. Not so goooood?
Uphill to the finish

ID 140904