ROWPRO 2.3 NOW AVAILABLE !!!!!

If you are planning a RowPro session or want to get one going, post here.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

badocter
Dedicated and True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM3

ROWPRO 2.3 NOW AVAILABLE !!!!!

Post by badocter »

Lots of bugs fixed according to their page!!!!!!
http://www.digitalrowing.com/Downloads/index.htm
MHw 48, 6'2" (1.88m), 228# (103 kg)
johnglynn
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Re: ROWPRO 2.3 NOW AVAILABLE !!!!!

Post by johnglynn »

Thanks Bill
28, 6'6", 18 Stone - ELM - CTC
Paul Victory
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by Paul Victory »

Does anyone know if there's a time limit on utilising the one year RowPro licence you get when you purchase a new Model D/E?

I bought my erg nearly two years ago, but did not have a laptop (or should that be notebook) at the time. I've since acquired one and would like to set it up, ideally on the latest version, if that's possible.

Paul V
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
badocter

Post by badocter »

If you never used the activation code then it probably should still be good to go. You'll find out soon enough when you download the most recent version - the activation code will either work or it won't. If it doesn't it might be worthwhile to send an email to the folks at digitalrowing to ask them about it directly.
Derrylad
Free Spirit

Post by Derrylad »

Nice one William. Just spotted this thread. Have installed the new version and at last I can see a breakdown of my workout. Have not been able to generate reports for the last year and a half ( numeric overflows ). I have RP installed on one of my work machines and for some reason the older version ( and beta version ) clashed with my version of Crystal Reports ever since I installed Visual Studio 2005

Happy man now.

Cheers for spotting this.

Rob
41, 6ft 7/8inches, 253lbs ( about 115kg )
www.sprucemeadows.co.uk

kingy2
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by kingy2 »

badocter wrote:Lots of bugs fixed according to their page!!!!!!
http://www.digitalrowing.com/Downloads/index.htm
Thanks for the heads up Bill, just in the nick of time. It appears my database had become corrupt as I couldn't access any workouts. The upgrade looks like its sorted it.

Nice to see it carries over all your custom workouts.
45 5'8(172.7cm) 163lbs (74 Kg): Targets for May, sub 41min 10K, sub 20min 5K
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

I finally activated my RowPro licence, but I can't get it to link up to my PM4.

I have a lead that I got with the erg, which connects to a USB port on the computer and which has a connection on the other end that seems to fit into the two slots on the back on the PM4. I tried connecting this to both the top slot and the bottom slot on the PM4, but nothing happened on my computer. In each case, I did this before launching RowPro, which I think is what you're supposed to do. Is there another connection that goes between the lead and the PM4, or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks

Paul V
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
badocter

Post by badocter »

Thee PC and PM4 connect with a standard USB cable (looking at the front of the PM4, the USB socket is on the lower right bottom next to where the C2 sensor cable connects, it is NOT the two lan plugs on the upper back). If the PM4 is off when you plug it into the computer, the PM4 will come on and I believe a little LED at the top back of the PM4 will flash now and then. When rowpro starts up, after a few seconds it will show a green indicator light at the bottom of the "PM twin" display. If you start a session in RP, it will either take control of the PM4 and start the session for you or it will complain about the PM not being detected. I don't recall there being anything else. If you have trouble shoot an email to the folks at digital rowing - they are very responsive from what I've heard.
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

Thanks Bill

I found the socket and I feel like a bit of an idiot. The sockets at the back looked like telephone connection points, but I never thought to look anywhere else. I can usually figure out software , but I always tend to struggle with hardware.

I'll try it out tomorrow and I hope it will give me the encouragement I need to keep training for IIRC.

Thank also to John Glynn for the PM. If I can sort out my internet connection maybe I'll get an opportunity to watch you both disappear into the distance some time. :mrgreen:

Paul V
Wolfmiester
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by Wolfmiester »

15 of us on a 13k tonight, excellent session. :fsbgrin:
Seems to be a weekly Sunday 8PM row for a coulple of guys who are training for a marathon.
Just the job for Top gear :D
Wolfie

Age 59 Height 6'4" Weight 93k
badocter

Post by badocter »

Yes, there have been a number of larger sessoins recently, and certainly those two guys doing the marathon training have been getting good crowds. :D Now I just have to get over whatever this latest bug I have managed to get is... :(
jainser

Post by jainser »

Only problem I get with RowPro (on old version and still with this new one) is that when I double click the icon it doesn't always open. In fact 9/10 it doesn't so I have to click again then it's fine. Different laptops as well.

Anyone else get this?
Engineered for Eating, Designed for Drinking
johnglynn
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Post by johnglynn »

jainser wrote:Only problem I get with RowPro (on old version and still with this new one) is that when I double click the icon it doesn't always open. In fact 9/10 it doesn't so I have to click again then it's fine. Different laptops as well.

Anyone else get this?
It is pretty slow to open - could it be that ?
28, 6'6", 18 Stone - ELM - CTC
Wolfmiester

Post by Wolfmiester »

johnglynn wrote:
jainser wrote:Only problem I get with RowPro (on old version and still with this new one) is that when I double click the icon it doesn't always open. In fact 9/10 it doesn't so I have to click again then it's fine. Different laptops as well.

Anyone else get this?
Agree with John, you have to be patient.
Wolfie

Age 59 Height 6'4" Weight 93k
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

I finally managed to save a couple of just row sessions on RowPro. Afterwards, i tried to upload the sessions to my C2 logbook, but couldn't find any way of doing this. Does anyone know if this option is available on RowPro or do you have to be online when you're rowing?

Also, I got a message on RowPro saying that the software on my PM4 was not compatible with the current version of RowPro and that i need to update the software via the C2 website. Does anyone know how I should go about doing this?

Paul V
stumpy
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Post by stumpy »

Hi Paul
When I do it I just right clic the session in the log then left clic save to c2 log and it does the rest, bloody computers dont I just hate them. Heres another one for anyone does rowpros library work as I keep trying to download my BIRC race file but I keep getting error on page
jainser

Post by jainser »

Wolfmiester wrote:
johnglynn wrote:

Anyone else get this?
Agree with John, you have to be patient.
Did a re-format on the laptop which cleared a lot of rubbish off and just re-installed the basics. A lot better now. Good program this RowPro. I like the custom row studio, very useful.
Engineered for Eating, Designed for Drinking