Gym Blues

Tired of talking about rowing and want to talk about the real world? Enter a forum where rowing is a rude word...

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

webberg
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Gym Blues

Post by webberg »

When we moved house around two years ago, it was possible to use the gym literally two minutes walk away.

This is great. It allowed me to sell my model D and free up some space.

Also because I'm a commuter with some odd hours, I could get a train out of London at 6:55pm, and be in the gym by 8:30pm.

Many days the prospect of working out my frustrations have been the only thing keeping me going!

yesterday to my horror, I find that the gym is going to close at 9pm from Monday to Thursday instead of 10pm.! #-o [-X

NOT IMPRESSED

Not sure what I'm going to do now. I can't become a weekend warrior because I'd lose too much condition or motivation and anyway I go to see my beloved team on alternate Saturdays (or Sundays, or Tuesdays or whatever day the TV company says we should play).

Finishing early a couple of days a week is probably a good idea in theory but work means that's not always possible.

I'd think about buying another D (or and E) but have nowhere to put it at the moment.

Bit stumped.

Any other gym gripes out there?
Uphill to the finish

ID 140904
Stan
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Re: Gym Blues

Post by Stan »

Cant offer much in the way of advice Graham, but you do have my sympathy.
I would encourage you to leave work early at least a couple of days per week though. You need to put yourself first sometimes. Easier said than done sometimes though.
pb times
Paul Victory
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by Paul Victory »

That's really annoying, Graham. :evil: I presume that the change in conditions allows you to leave and reclaim and prepaid subscription. If enough people do this, maybe they'll reconsider and go back to the old opening hours.

Paul V
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
webberg
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by webberg »

I'm pleased to report a change of heart from the management of the gym and they are to remain open until 10pm! =D> =D>
Uphill to the finish

ID 140904
Wendy
Rower and forum addict...
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by Wendy »

Yay!!! =D> =D>
56, 5'8", 78kg but trying hard to be less than I am!

I have become (un)comfortably numb
beegee
Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM2

Post by beegee »

Our gym has been undergoing renovation & extension all year. Yesterday the new bit was unveiled, with all the new equipment. Lots of shiny new, fearsome looking weights machines, new treadmills, cycles and x-trainers; and over in the corner the same old clapped out model Cs +PM2 displays. Disappointing or what??? :(
BrianG