RowPro Add-on

If you are planning a RowPro session or want to get one going, post here.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

cweed
Dedicated and True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM4

RowPro Add-on

Post by cweed »

Folks Greg Hausman (one of the fellows whose wife I row with frequently on Rowpro) designed an add on bit of software to increase performance if you are running RP on an older machine:

"I've developed a way to increase RowPro "live water" performance: live water with no trees. You can't do this in the program options - your choices ar live water with all scenery or regular 3D with no trees. Took some careful editing of the media files, but adds 20fps in performance from my limited testing. If anyone is interested in this, let me know...it's barely tested but seems to work really well so far. It's a drop-in file replacement; save your old ones as a backup.

Frames per second on the display. It's in the very lower right-hand corner of your RowPro window. Anything below 30 and you'll have degraded video performance (won't look "full-motion"). The higher you go, the better the boats and water look. Above 40-50 is best. I've always loved live water but until now I couldn't use it on our (older) rowing system due to the graphics performance. Turning trees off makes a big difference, but it isn't an option in the program (well, now it is - *smile*)."

http://wordpress.greghausman.com/2010/0 ... trees-mod/ for additional info.
Christine - 46, 5'8" lightweight...only when I really need to be.