Rowpro 10k Sept 7, 16:00 GMT -- COMPLETED

If you are planning a RowPro session or want to get one going, post here.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

badocter
Dedicated and True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Rowpro 10k Sept 7, 16:00 GMT -- COMPLETED

Post by badocter »

I just noticed the session. Has 9 registered including John Glynn and now myself. I'm just planning to do a recovery row. If anybody else is interested I'll see ya in few hours. :fsbgrin: :fsgrin:
MHw 48, 6'2" (1.88m), 228# (103 kg)
badocter
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Re: Rowpro 10k Sept 7, 16:00 GMT -- COMPLETED

Post by badocter »

I was doing a recovery row, but John was flying with a 34:55.0 (1:44.8 )- I saw a whole bunch of 1:2x in his last 250m :mrgreen: . A shame Andrew Mudge got dropped at the start...
MHw 48, 6'2" (1.88m), 228# (103 kg)
johnglynn
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Re: Rowpro 10k Sept 7, 16:00 GMT -- COMPLETED

Post by johnglynn »

Funny that Bill, I can't remember any of the 1:2N's, all I remember at the end was grinding the last few meters eyes glued to the counter going down to 0m, finishing hunched over gasping for air and thinking a Steve Redgrave (i.e. if anyone see's me near an ERG again they have my permission to shoot me :D)

True I would have really liked Andy in the row, even though he probably could not live with me over the entire row, when I slowed down he'd stop me slowing down too much (as I would not like the gap to get smaller even if I have 50m/100m), whereas last night when struggling mentally and going at my slowest I was still the fastest rower in the field by a good bit .

It would be good for him also, and he's helped me plenty of times in the past when he was quicker .
28, 6'6", 18 Stone - ELM - CTC