Zoom Ergos

A forum for discussing training programmes, indoor racing, things that work for you, coaching etc.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

JonT
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Zoom Ergos

Post by JonT »

if anyone wants to join me, I'm doing the Zoom Ergos session with Jim Bichard tomorrow (top bloke, Henley Regatta winner).

"A classic threshold workout from Imperial College BC. 3x10' starting at low rates and getting progressively higher, each set has a 5-minute break in between. 8am warm-up for prompt 8.15 start."

It's free to join the event here -> https://www.zoomergos.com/event-details ... 10-minutes

Jon
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
Peter_S
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
I row on...: Model D with PM4

Re: Zoom Ergos

Post by Peter_S »

Too bad I am not rowing now. 5:15 AM sounds so good!

Have fun.
JonT

Post by JonT »

It was a great session. Write up is in the "What training...." thread on the main forum.
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
JonT

Zoom Ergos

Post by JonT »

One of the best Zoom Ergos sessions is the 3x10mins 5:00r. The idea, as I have mentioned before, is to push hard from the start of each 10 minute session even though the ratings progress on a 4/3/2/1min basis.

Here is a YouTube recording of one of the sessions run by Jim Bichard if you fancy trying a session at a time that suits you. Jim does a great job of coaxing you through the session.

https://youtu.be/7aWbQEp1guU

If you want to do a live session then this format is running at 8:00 GMT tomorrow - register on Zoom Ergos for free. The session is being run by Olympic Gold Medal holder Louis Attrill.

https://www.zoomergos.com/event-details ... 10-minutes

Jon
spidermac
Dedicated and True Free Spirit

Post by spidermac »

Did this today no hiding place if you go off hard at the start of each round!!! :shock:
Born 1957 71kg;6`2"
JonT

Post by JonT »

Exactly. I ended up running this session on Zoom Ergos today when the original leader was taken ill. The main goal is to hit threshold quickly in each session (85-90% HR) and then maintain that through the rating increases.

Weirdly, I found it a lot easier when my mind was distracted by leading the session and having to call all of the changes. That distraction didn’t help with the ratings though, and talking as I was rowing also lifted the HR above target. All good fun though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk