Fairy Tales

Tired of talking about rowing and want to talk about the real world? Enter a forum where rowing is a rude word...

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Claudius
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2019
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Fairy Tales

Post by Claudius »

Hello, as already mentioned I like fantasy stories. For example, the story in which there is a gray wizard, note my signature. This link leads to my own fairy tale. I already mentioned here that the one marathon was the most emotional time trial I did.
Last edited by Claudius on Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?”
(J.R.R.T.)
Claudius

Fairy Tales

Post by Claudius »

Why dutch ? - my newest chapter. So it is also about indoor rowing. I just post it here in the sanctuary because I consider it as a pesonal myth - and It should not found that easily if it links directly...
“Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?”
(J.R.R.T.)
Claudius

Re: Fairy Tales

Post by Claudius »

Screenshot_20221214_145758.png
Screenshot_20221214_145758.png (63.32 KiB) Viewed 1209 times

ChatGPT

I have deliberately deleted my links - nothing is of permanent duration.

Who knows chatGPT? I had some interesting conversations, I share the first one here. It's an AI language model. It's amazing how fast it provides accurate answers. My friend wanted to play with it. So I answer for my friend and show its questions. I know that it is just a language model. It acts like a puzzle game - one throw in some words and it looks how they could be connected. Interesting. So I know it is nothing more than just some words put together. No wonder magic. We just want to play a game with it.

The first question can only be considered as an introduction: Hello AI, here I am, a cycling avatar out of a game [sic!/joke!] - Who am I? - like Brad Pitt asking Anthony Hopkins this question in a movie about a certain Joe.

*~cc~*: What is transience?

chatGPT: Transience is a philosophical concept that refers to the
fleeting and temporary nature of things. It is the idea that all things are in a constant state of change and that nothing lasts forever. This concept is often applied to the impermanence of physical objects, but it can also be applied to abstract concepts such as emotions and thoughts. Transience is often seen as a fundamental aspect of the human experience, and it is often discussed in relation to the concept of impermanence.

edit 23.12.22

I'll let transience rule here too with this wibbly wobbly rabbit holey long text, deleted it- and put in a photo below about my short conversation with AI today. Even if it violates the rules "Sanctuary" a little - since the topic indoor rowing is taken up - so it is more a hint to AI to understand - namely how much the AI already seems to know about us.
(J.R.R.T.)
Claudius

Post by Claudius »

chatgpt_whatisfsr.jpg
chatgpt_whatisfsr.jpg (132.69 KiB) Viewed 1103 times
(J.R.R.T.)
Claudius

The Renton Challenge

Post by Claudius »

Me: Whats the plan for today. What will be our training ?
My friend: We are gonna do the Renton Challenge !
Me: WTF is this ? The Renton Challenge ?
My friend: as usual, I already decided how to do it, listen:
Choose a meetup
Choose a friend (who won't show up)
Choose Innsbruck Lutscher CCW
Choose a fast TimeTrialBike
Choose a firm and progressive pace into yellow
Choose to quit meetup
Choose to turn right and follow Innsbruckring
Choose brutal raw power on this Leg Snapper
Choose to hold an average of 50kp/h as long as you can !
Me: Choose life ?
My friend: Choose life AND death, as a team. Buddy this time it will be fun. That what it is (sometimes) about. Wait, just wait.... if I say to exhaustion...this one will hurt. The feeling when that legsnapper is eating your average down – thats why you should ramp it up there again. We start from a high ground, you have to fight the high ground back on leg snapper to relax a bit on a downhill. That's life and death. Feel it.

to be continued...or just ask questions about this first part, Renton original 50kph ! We are all endurance Junkies, are we not ?
Attachments
rentonchallenge_xs.jpg
rentonchallenge_xs.jpg (110.85 KiB) Viewed 996 times
(J.R.R.T.)
Claudius

Post by Claudius »

The rush of a marathon, that strained feeling, the heavy legs - endurance junkies ! Another form of the Dionysian rush. An intoxication is an intoxication. A depression another thing. So let's call a depression a "Renton Reverse", since Mark Renton was a fictional person and any imaginative experience I have has to do with that particular realm. Nonetheless. We don't call the Concept Z1 bike that. It's the Tron. And so the unofficial name, the actual name, is in honor of a world soccer star who died too young by suicide, by depression: so this is the "Enke Challenge"

Renton Reverse or "Enke Challenge" - Beat my friend

Choose a meetup
Choose a friend (who won't show up)
Choose Innsbruck Lutscher CCW
Choose a fast TimeTrialBike
Choose to quit meetup
Choose to make a U-Turn
Choose the most raw power on the best part of the downhill
Choose a speed of 100kph."

My Friend: So it is about to beat my max speed of 96 km/h and grabb that 100kph badge on the downhill on Innsbruck KOM Reverse.

Me: 96 What a number. All patients have an oxygen saturation of 96, always. I always write down 96.

My friend: What a number. You're still a little soccer fan. Nice way to show your sympathy for a sports club you have nothing to do with - expect some sympathy.

Me: You know, it was on that day....

My friend: that day, as a student, you witnessed a soccer match. The goalkeeper saved a penalty kick with bravura and world champion skill.

Me: I admired the goalkeeper for his talent.

My friend: A few years later he was dead. Suicide. His name was Robert. Not Robert Paulson. But this goes out to all depressed athletes. There is help. Pills are not the best way. My take on things.

Me: It's all a plan. You always have a plan. I can't see all the causality. So there are 2 Renton Challenges. This one is the reverse. One has to beat your top speed of 96 kph. Beat my friend.

My friend: that's right. It's about a mental disorder. The Renton original is about addiction. Hold 50 kph for as long as you can. Renton Reverse is about depression. Be faster than 96 kph. Maybe one cracks the 100 as well. We're also talking about the fastest way to earn some badges here. About speed. Fast like lightning. Like a ball in a penalty shootout towards the goalkeeper. We're talking about 15 possible badges in about 7 minutes. Fun is fast. Anything is possible. With our "Renton Reverse" or "Enke Challenge".

Possible Badges:
Paired: Pair Zwift Companion (ZC) with Zwift. [You need this to create a meetup!]
Into the wind: Did a u-turn. [You need to take a u-turn]
Whoa nelly: Break 30 mph.
Speed demon: Break 40 mph.
Daredevil: Break 50 mph.
Sprinter apprentice: Hit 500 Watts.
Lit: Hit 600 Watts.
Circuit breaker: Hit 700 Watts.
Jelly: Hold over 500 Watts for 10 seconds.
Just scrape: You hit 800 Watts.
The blowdrier: You hit 900 Watts.
Premier Power: You hit 1000 Watts.
Off the rocks: You hit 1100 Watts.
1.2 gigawatts: You hit 1200 Watts.

and last but not least : 100 KPH: You hit 100 km per hour.

To be fast. To be fun. To be or not be. Remember Robert Enke.

https://youtu.be/-5UoTNwD30E

I have written something spicy about RPE and "Decision making in Health and Fitness" from Maffetone and Laursen. It belongs defenitly into the Fairy Tale post, because I just go quite crazy with, say first a positive critic, but then...just give me a prompt for a rollercoaster ride.

Here the so called scientific contribution : https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10 ... 00006/full
(J.R.R.T.)