Dog Days of Summer

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

plummy
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Re: Dog Days of Summer

Post by plummy »

Foot hurts still and my back is really sore as well this morning as an added pain (plus the old man fatigue of never rowing 4 days on the trot - then rowing 4 days on the trot - idiot!). I think today might only be a short paddle at best to take a morsel out of Saturday and Sundays metres (I don't like the thought of dumping what's left into 2 days) - every little helps! :-)
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
JonT
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by JonT »

plummy wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:11 am Foot hurts still and my back is really sore as well this morning as an added pain (plus the old man fatigue of never rowing 4 days on the trot - then rowing 4 days on the trot - idiot!). I think today might only be a short paddle at best to take a morsel out of Saturday and Sundays metres (I don't like the thought of dumping what's left into 2 days) - every little helps! :-)
20 x 20 strokes today Mr. P. or 4 tracks from a good album maybe? Good luck.
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
fkoene
True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Post by fkoene »

Just like Mr. P. I didn't want too much pressure on the weekend. Sunday OTW probably, had the time this afternoon so did the WOD. Since the rest meters are counted as well for the challenge I ended out spot on 40000 meters for this week in the Dog Days logbook. And, for now, ranked #1 in my age group in the WOD.
I think I'll row tomorrow as well but at least there's no harm done if I won't.
plummy

Post by plummy »

Three different combinations of trainers/no trainers/mixed trainers and none of them really worked but managed to fumble my way to about 6km today. Therefore now only 7km left for Sat/Sun - bar injury I reckon that's close to in the bag, though my legs REALLY don't like me right now.
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
Tako
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)

Post by Tako »

Looks like I messed up the order.
Unfortunately I cannot complete 40k for week4.

Congratulations to all that make it!
\:D/ 🏴‍☠️🇳🇱🇩🇪🇩🇰🇳🇴🇪🇺
plummy

Post by plummy »

Bit the bullet on very unhappy legs and got it done today. At least my legs get a day off tomorrow - :-)
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
JonT

Post by JonT »

Well done Plummy. Time for a well earned rest day. I think I’ll have a crack at the CTC tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
Claudius
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2019
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2019

Post by Claudius »

I managed an unexiting entry this year - not much meters, but I made the challenge. Focus the last 4 month was to bring much more colour into my training - so running was more- cycling came to short, indoor rowing ok - but by far not so much than the last 2 years, and I also included open water swimming and meditation - the latter I do not track.
“Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?”
(J.R.R.T.)
JonT

Post by JonT »

I've done the final weekly refresh of Dog Days on the Meterboard. 42 FreeSpirits have completed the challenge (stragglers may follow). So, at the moment, just 5 didn't make it through the final week. 1 FreeSpirit completed the 50K challenge.

Well done all =D> =D>