LADIES banter/training/motivation thread ??

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

paulgould
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Re: LADIES banter/training/motivation thread ??

Post by paulgould »

Jill,
I’m sorry that you found my recognising Carole’s efforts so offensive👎👎
I will stay off “your” precious thread in future

Paul G
56, 1.74m , Sep '20 - 114 kg , currently - 98 kg
200m - 30.8
300m - 47.7
30r20 - 7754m
12 hr - 139300m
100 mile - 14:10.12
200km - 18:28.30
Jill
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Post by Jill »

paulgould wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:22 am Jill,
I’m sorry that you found my recognising Carole’s efforts so offensive
Paul, I am sorry that you found my light hearted comments so offensive, especially when they were genuinely meant to be taken as fun.

As far as I am aware, I have never been offensive or rude to anyone ( including yourself ) on this or any other forum.

In fact I have only ever wanted to encourage and sometimes, along the way, indulge in some silliness and good humour.

By the way, this is not my thread and all are welcome to post here.
plummy
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by plummy »

I think there may have been a little misinterpretation of intonation and intent and some good natured, well intended humour has fallen the wrong way. Unless there's something I've missed (and I haven't re-read this entire topic from the beginning), this is not an exclusive to ladies thread so as Jill states above, gents are welcome to post if they so wish. If it's an open Free Spirits forum thread then that's the only way it can be in my view - although I personally try and let the ladies post away as they wish with no intention of any input (this post an exception) but do read the posts of course.
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
paulgould

Post by paulgould »

Jill wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:20 am
paulgould wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:22 am Jill,
I’m sorry that you found my recognising Carole’s efforts so offensive
Paul, I am sorry that you found my light hearted comments so offensive, especially when they were genuinely meant to be taken as fun.

As far as I am aware, I have never been offensive or rude to anyone ( including yourself ) on this or any other forum.

In fact I have only ever wanted to encourage and sometimes, along the way, indulge in some silliness and good humour.

By the way, this is not my thread and all are welcome to post here.
Thanks for your reply Jill - as Plummy pointed out my interpretation of your post was obviously nothing like your intention - it’s not always that easy to get an unambiguous tone in the written word🙂

Paul G
200m - 30.8
300m - 47.7
30r20 - 7754m
12 hr - 139300m
Jill

Post by Jill »

plummy wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:14 am I think there may have been a little misinterpretation of intonation and intent and some good natured, well intended humour has fallen the wrong way. Unless there's something I've missed (and I haven't re-read this entire topic from the beginning), this is not an exclusive to ladies thread so as Jill states above, gents are welcome to post if they so wish. If it's an open Free Spirits forum thread then that's the only way it can be in my view - although I personally try and let the ladies post away as they wish with no intention of any input (this post an exception) but do read the posts of course.
paulgould wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:17 pm Thanks for your reply Jill - as Plummy pointed out my interpretation of your post was obviously nothing like your intention - it’s not always that easy to get an unambiguous tone in the written word
Thank you Plummy for your correct interpretation of my intentions and apologies to Paul for the misunderstanding.

Paul, with hindsight, after my comments about ‘ muddy footprints ‘ and your ‘ walking boots ‘ I should have added a :lol: and a :wink: after the [-X to show that I was only joking.

For the record, the ‘ muddy footprints ‘ and ‘ walking boots ‘ were a reference and tribute to your 100,000 Steps Walk; I thought that if you did read the post, you would pick up on this, then run with it and silly banter would ensue.

If you have the time and inclination to look back over this thread, you will see that Plummy has often been a ‘ victim ‘ of my quirky sense of humour and that’s why for the most part I like to keep it well under control. Unfortunately, on occasion, it breaks free and runs out of control. :roll:
paulgould

Post by paulgould »

Thanks Jill

In retrospect I was rather hasty in my initial response and for that I apologise.
For the record I am all for silly banter too, as any England rugby supporter will be well aware of😀😀
As regards my walking, you are perfectly within your rights to make fun of my often foolhardy attempts, and to prove that I am a slow learner I am embarking on another 3 day round the island walk tomorrow😄😄

Paul G
200m - 30.8
300m - 47.7
30r20 - 7754m
12 hr - 139300m
Jill

Post by Jill »

Thank you Paul, apology accepted. :)

Could I point out though that I wasn’t making fun of your 100,000 Steps Walk, hence the inclusion of the word ‘ tribute ‘. It only provided me with one of my slightly off the wall ideas.

Good luck and success with the walk tomorrow and if you should get the opportunity, then please give my regards to Sandown.

Earlier on, I watched the link of your daughter performing at the IOW Music Festival. The music business is a tough one to survive in so I hope that all will go well for her and the band.

At one point my son was interested in following a career in music and studied the guitar at what was once The Power House in London. That was twenty years ago so I’m not sure if the place is still there.

He is an accomplished electric, acoustic and pedal steel guitar player and went on to obtain a Masters in Music Composition and Song Writing at Bath University.

For a while he found work as a session guitarist and one year played at The Reading Festival.

In the end though he wasn’t earning enough to make a living and went off in a completely different direction by qualifying as an English teacher.

He’s still a brilliant guitarist though and we still miss the sound of the wah-wah pedal.
paulgould

Post by paulgould »

Thanks Jill

I now you weren’t making fun of my walking - I don’t seem to always find the right words😃😃
Day 1 of the walk is from E Cowes to Shanklin so I will give Sandown a wave going past, if I can still lift my arm😁
The weather looks good at the moment - hopefully cool as I don’t do heat😳😳
My daughter’s band are recording an EP next week so we’ll see how that goes - the music industry is very hit and miss and success seems to be a matter of luck in part.
Unfortunately she doesn’t play any instruments- we got her a really nice fender Stratocaster when she was about 14 but she never really took to it - I am in awe of anyone who is really accomplished on a musical instrument, especially the guitar

Paul G
200m - 30.8
300m - 47.7
30r20 - 7754m
12 hr - 139300m
Carole S
Rower and forum addict...

Post by Carole S »

Done some special heart rate training this afternoon by watching Top Gun Maverick, the most excitement I've had in ages lol
:fsbgrin:
25 million lifetime meters :fsgrin:
Jill

Post by Jill »

Carole S wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:47 pm Done some special heart rate training this afternoon by watching Top Gun Maverick, the most excitement I've had in ages lol
Carole, I haven't seen the original film but after reading the synopsis of the sequel we will probably buy ( when it comes out ) the DVD.

No doubt, the film will have its critics but several of my friends have also seen the sequel and describe it as ' nail biting ' and ' on the edge of my seat ' action.

The first film that Richard and I saw together, was Tommy at the Odeon, Leicester Square. As we entered the foyer, I said to him, " Are we going to sit in the back row and snog? " to which he replied, " What, with tickets at theses prices ? I don't know what you'll be doing but I will be watching the film. " :lol: :wink: The last of the Great Romantics. :fsbgrin: :fswink: Richard was joking of course but on the very rare occasions that we do visit a cinema I always ask that same question and he always gives me the same answer. And to think that I went on to marry him. :fsbgrin: :fswink:
Carole S

Post by Carole S »

I think yr Richard and my Pete would get on very well together lol
I def recommend Maverick on the biggest screen you can find, we get 12 free tickets annually with our Club Lloyds bank account which we spend very wisely and take our own M & S picnic into the cinema
No noisy crisps or rustling sweet wrappers tho lol lol
No.snogging either :lol: :lol:
Carole S

Post by Carole S »

Congratulations to Clare Burrell on her half marathon 1st placed in Australia 4th place world ranking
^O^ =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :fsgrin: :fsbgrin: :fsgrin:
JonT
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by JonT »

Wow. That’s amazing. Well done Clare!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
Carole S

Post by Carole S »

Dear Jill so sorry to read you have been poorly recently, sending you our best Get Well Soon wishes
Xx
:fsbgrin: :fssmile:
Jill

Post by Jill »

Thank you Carole for your Get Well Wishes. :)

I think I have turned the corner and hopefully kicked ' The Yellow Peril ' into touch. [-o<

I also received your message through the FS Messenger Service? At least that's what I think it is, so hopefully please check it out. In the meantime, I have included my email address in my reply to you, as I find this a much easier way of communicating on the Interwebby.

Hopefully tomorrow, I will be able to post a more up to date reply to you on this thread.

I'm off to bed now and looking forward to reading more of my latest Murder Mystery - The Quartet Murders. Who has shot dead ( in front of an audience ) lead violinist, Hans Muller and made off with his priceless Stradivarius? All high brow reading. :D

Take care,

Jill xxxx
Jill

Post by Jill »

Carole, please check out The Weight Loss Thread. xx
Carole S

Post by Carole S »

Thanks very much Jill for msg and email address
That book looks just my cuppa tea I must check it out
Im preparing for having 2 of my granddaughters to stay next week aged 9 and 4 so could be a lively few days !!!
Carole S

Post by Carole S »

And it was !!!!!!!
Jill

Post by Jill »

Carole, I will catch up with this thread tomorrow.
Jill

Post by Jill »

Good morning Carole and apologies for not replying to you sooner. I was about to last Saturday, when a friend phoned me and we were still talking two hours later … which is not unusual. I have known her for 55 years and although she is very dear to me, she can, as they say, ‘ talk the hind leg off a donkey ‘. :fsbgrin:

Have you fully recovered from your granddaughters’ visit? We were visiting Harlow Carr and Benningbrough Hall recently and I had to smile to myself when I frequently heard small voices saying, “ Grandma. " " Grandad. " " Grandma, watch me. “ On the energy front, the grandmas were definitely holding up better than the grandads. :fsbgrin: If children are fortunate enough to have loving grandparents who take an interest in their lives, then hopefully as they grow to adulthood, they will have plenty of happy and funny memories to look back on.

Congratulations on reaching 24 Million Lifetime Metres - my word, that is definitely an A Star Plus Achievement and I admire your Amazing Motivation. ^O^ =D> =D> =D>

I am chasing down 15,000,000m but I fear I’ll be ‘ pushing up the daisies ‘ before I ever reach 24,000,000m. :fsbgrin:

I have read a huge amount of crime/detective novels although I do re-read many of them and sometimes turn my attention to what I think of as the classics or improving novels.

The Quartet Murders is written by J.R.Ellis and he has also written two more books: The Body in The Dales and Murder at Redmire Hall, ( which I’m reading at the moment ) and they all feature, DCI Jim Oldroyd who is attached to The Harrogate Police Division.

Murders set in parts of Yorkshire, The Lake District and the West Country, all with their leading characters are a very popular genre at the moment. I like the Yorkshire based ones because although I am not from ' God’s Own Country ' I have lived here longer than anywhere else. Recently, when we were driving past The Stray, in Harrogate, I mentioned to Richard that DCI Oldroyd had a flat somewhere in the vicinity. His puzzled reply, “ Who is DCI Oldroyd? “ :fsbgrin:

I am also reading an interesting little book called Not Enough Room To Swing A Cat - Naval Slang And Its Everyday Usage, by Martin Robson. It’s what I call a ‘ dipping in ‘ book as you do not necessarily have to read it in a certain order.

If you have your thinking cap handy, see if you know the naval origins of these everyday expressions. No googling but you can ask a friend. :fsbgrin:

Not enough room to swing a cat

Between the devil and the deep blue sea

Slush fund

Jill xx
Jayney2
Warming up

Post by Jayney2 »

Jill wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:12 pm
Carole, I have always thought of myself as a woman: I appear to have all the correct lady bits, I have had a baby and I own many pairs of shoes, far too many handbags and countless earrings. Also, after double checking, I most certainly am not ( and I put this as delicately as possible) ‘ packing a pistol ‘. :fsbgrin: :fswink:

However, in spite of my female fancies, it is now time that you and I ‘ woke ‘ up and altered the title of this thread, as apparently, we are not ladies, we are not women, we are … ciswomen. :shock: :lol:

Over and out. :fsbgrin:
Thanks for letting me know where I stand 😕
Jill

Post by Jill »

Jayney2, I'm not sure what you are getting at but I suggest that you do some research; a ciswoman is an adult who was assigned female at birth and whose gender identity is female; that is a biological woman.

For the record, I am not referring to anyone who identifies as intersex, that is a completely different subject all together.

Also for the record, even if my 36c cup breasts, my womb and my ovaries were removed, I would still be a biological woman.

Jayney2, it's absolutely none of my business which sex or gender you identify as.

For myself, I am sick and tired of ' wokeness ' and anyone who takes offence at me calling myself a woman can take a running jump.🤬
paulgould

Post by paulgould »

Jill wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:50 pm
For myself, I am sick and tired of ' wokeness ' and anyone who takes offence at me calling myself a woman can take a running jump.🤬
Well said Jill - until I read your post I was thinking of identifying as a 12 year-old girl in order to have a go at the 2k record but I'm now re-considering :lol: :lol:

Paul G
200m - 30.8
300m - 47.7
30r20 - 7754m
12 hr - 139300m
Jill

Post by Jill »

Hi Paul, I still have no idea why Jayney2 chose to highlight one of my old posts from early last May and then accompany it with a sarcastic and rude comment which I found quite offensive.

Why didn’t she at least have the good manners to say either Hi Jill or just Jill, I’m not sure what you mean by your post, so could you explain please. I would have been fine with that.

The post itself was a light-hearted dig at an article I had read, suggesting that all biological women should now be called ciswomen.

I have nothing against a person's choice of gender, except when the rights of biological women start to be eroded, especially in women's sport and prisons.

Paul, I have drawn a line under Jayney2 and her unpleasantness and could I ask you please not to make anymore further comments on the matter either.

Thank you :)
paulgould

Post by paulgould »

Sure - no problem Jill :fsgrin:

Paul G
200m - 30.8
300m - 47.7
30r20 - 7754m
12 hr - 139300m