Indoor Rowers League 2021-22

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

chrisnew
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2019
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Re: Indoor Rowers League 2021-22

Post by chrisnew »

Just added my effort for this month, not as good as I wanted as carrying fatigue from a trail run. May have another go if time allows, but hopefully will be able to consistently add efforts this season

Trying to make this season the season of the PB!
Mike Channin
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by Mike Channin »

Only just seen this, and happy to help if you're in need of a rower. I think the team looks full already, though, so no worries if that's true.
5'11", 50 - older, slower, greyer, fatter (and needs to update the sig times too)
JonT
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020

Post by JonT »

Mike Channin wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:38 pm Only just seen this, and happy to help if you're in need of a rower. I think the team looks full already, though, so no worries if that's true.
In theory we have a full team Mike. Having said that only seven people have registered with the team so far on the website, and just four have posted an entry to date. If anyone wants to make room for Mike, now is the time before the month ends and the team membership becomes locked for the season.

Jon

P.S. I am still struggling with a back injury, but will post a time before the end of the month. #-o
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
Mike Channin

Post by Mike Channin »

Ok, I've registered just in case, and will look to crank out a 4 min in the next week so I have an entry if needed.
5'11", 50 - older, slower, greyer, fatter (and needs to update the sig times too)
JonT

Post by JonT »

After a couple of weeks off the ergo, struggling with my back, I have put in a token score. We still only have 7 registered rowers, and now have 5 registered scores:

Philip Price - aboard and rowed
Peter Weiss - ??
Kevin Horner - ??
Mat Leonard - aboard and rowed
Louise Allcock - aboard
Jon Taylor - aboard and rowed
Iain - ??
Chris Newberry - aboard and rowed
Paul Victory - aboard
Dave Plumb - aboard and rowed

Mike is still waiting in the wings if anyone has had a change of heart. There are 6 days remaining before the crew is locked for the season, hopefully people are leaving things until this weekend.

I really don't enjoy nagging by the way, but...... :(
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
Kevinhorne44
Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Post by Kevinhorne44 »

I'm here Jon 👋👋
Can I just log in the same as last season ??

Deep into a strength programme. Haven't been keeping up with my Concept log 😔
Shmoo
Stop posting and start rowing!

Post by Shmoo »

Mine’s in too now. Had an aborted attempt last week - I always think I can row faster than I actually can :lol: . Went about it a bit more sensibly this morning! Louise
JonT

Post by JonT »

Kevinhorne44 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:28 pm I'm here Jon 👋👋
Can I just log in the same as last season ??

Deep into a strength programme. Haven't been keeping up with my Concept log 😔
Kevin, you can login using the same profile as last year, then edit your profile and set your team to Free Spirits. You should then show as a team member if you look at our team in the team results table.
JonT

Post by JonT »

Shmoo wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:54 pm Mine’s in too now. Had an aborted attempt last week - I always think I can row faster than I actually can :lol: . Went about it a bit more sensibly this morning! Louise
Thanks Louise. That’s boosted us up the rankings a lot :fssmile:
Paul Victory
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by Paul Victory »

It’s probably better if I drop out. Back problems not getting any better and I have not been near an erg this month.

I went onto the website just now, but there doesn’t seem to be an option to withdraw from an 8x8 team. Is there someone we can contact to arrange for me to be taken off the team?
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
JonT

Post by JonT »

Paul Victory wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:27 am It’s probably better if I drop out. Back problems not getting any better and I have not been near an erg this month.

I went onto the website just now, but there doesn’t seem to be an option to withdraw from an 8x8 team. Is there someone we can contact to arrange for me to be taken off the team?
I’m sorry to hear that Paul. Mat has also dropped out because of ongoing problems.

You can leave the team by editing your profile and setting your team to “Please select” i.e. the top option on the drop-down list. (I know! How obvious is that!!?).

Mike will join the team, but we are now still a rower short if anyone is interested. [-o<

Jon
Paul Victory
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by Paul Victory »

Thanks Jon

That’s done. Hopefully someone will come on board to fill the empty slot before month end.
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
Mat

Post by Mat »

JonT wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:37 am Mat has also dropped out because of ongoing problems.
Yes, I'm sorry about this guys - my hip has become much worse and whilst I can still row for now, I'm looking to bring forward the hip replacement op which would mean that I wouldn't be able to see out the IRL season so much better if someone else (Mike :fsgrin: ) does this for me

I've withdrawn my name / entry from the league
53, 6'2" and trying to get back to 95kg post hip replacement. Looking back fondly on past achievements I've no chance of repeating
Mike Channin

Post by Mike Channin »

Mat and Paul - Sorry to hear of your issues - devastated for both of you, and hoping for recovery as soon as possible.
Richard Lindner

Post by Richard Lindner »

Jon, Not sure how many members you have for the team, and I’m very late to the party, but am happy to join in if there’s a space. I’ve registered on the IRL website and will post a 4 min row in the next couple of days so I’m ready if required.
Rich

62yrs 99kg 5' 11"
JonT

Post by JonT »

Richard Lindner wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:37 pm Jon, Not sure how many members you have for the team, and I’m very late to the party, but am happy to join in if there’s a space. I’ve registered on the IRL website and will post a 4 min row in the next couple of days so I’m ready if required.

Rich, can you join please? We are one short. You just need to set Free Spirits as your 8on8 team in your profile. Many thanks.
Richard Lindner

JonT wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:37 am
Richard Lindner wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:37 pm Jon, Not sure how many members you have for the team, and I’m very late to the party, but am happy to join in if there’s a space. I’ve registered on the IRL website and will post a 4 min row in the next couple of days so I’m ready if required.

Rich, can you join please? We are one short. You just need to set Free Spirits as your 8on8 team in your profile. Many thanks.
Done. Just need to row now.
Rich

62yrs 99kg 5' 11"
Mike Channin

Post by Mike Channin »

Well, I'm in - not the greatest time (well, distance), but it'll do for now. 1164. Used recent CTC as guide. Certainly suffered, but probably should have dug deeper. Have no conditioning at this sort of pace.
Richard Lindner

Hmmm, I’ve posted a distance but a very disappointing 965m is all I could manage. Absolutely no flat out rowing for a long time so no idea what pace I could hold and made the schoolboy error of setting off far too quickly and fading badly in the middle. With only a couple of days left I don’t think I’ll go again. Things can only get better from here :?
Rich

62yrs 99kg 5' 11"
Grobi

Post by Grobi »

Jon, I will have my attempt tonight.
Athletes row, others just play games

Peter

55y, 1,89m, 85kg

Mike Channin

Post by Mike Channin »

Had another go today and managed to squeeze out another 19m more for 1185. Was definitely limited on the lungs on this one...
(Need to update my signature as it's still showing last year's efforts...)
JonT

Post by JonT »

Current State of Play....

Philip Price - aboard and rowed
Peter Weiss - aboard and rowed
Mat Leonard - aboard and rowed
Louise Allcock -aboard and rowed
Jon Taylor - aboard and rowed
Chris Newberry - aboard and rowed
Dave Plumb - aboard and rowed
Mike Channin - aboard and rowed
Iain - ??
Kevin Horner - ??

Thaks to all who have put in a distance. The good news is the top-8 scores count and we have 8 scores....which makes me happy. :fsbgrin:

Iain, Kevin - If you don't join the team by midnight tomorrow than you will be locked out by the competition......and I will be sad. :(

Jon
Grobi

Post by Grobi »

Apologies for my late entry and the confusion it has caused among the team :oops:

I had my first go Tuesday night after 12k otw (1043m) and another go last night on fresher legs (1083m).

Iain and Kevin, it would be a great benefit for the team if you joined. As of now we are just eight people, meaning we have no „wild cards“ in case of injuries etc.
Athletes row, others just play games

Peter

55y, 1,89m, 85kg

Mike Channin

Post by Mike Channin »

Further to that, Mat has already said he will probably not be able to compete in all rounds, so we already know we need more than 8.

Just wanted to call out Philip Price (@Pepe) and his excellent effort - I think it was showing as 4th overall, on the normalised performance list. Incredible stuff - keep it up Philip - you're an inspiration to us all.
Pepe
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by Pepe »

Thanks, Mike. I just enjoy the competition :!:
Philip Price 89 Lwt. 68 kg. 176 cm. “Rather than rust I’ll wear out.”