Dog Days of Summer

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

JonT
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Dog Days of Summer

Post by JonT »

Just a reminder that the Dogs Days challenge started yesterday.

https://log.concept2.com/challenges/dog-days

I will set up the challenge icon and refresh it at the end of each week so we can see who is on track to complete the challenge.

Jon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
Jill
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Re: Dog Days of Summer

Post by Jill »

Thank you Jon. :)

Although there will not be a Dancing Dog to look forward to this season, my virtual pooch has just brought me his collar and lead. Woof.🐕
Carole S
Rower and forum addict...
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by Carole S »

Loving the doggie icon :fsbgrin:
:fsbgrin:
25 million lifetime meters :fsgrin:
JonT

Post by JonT »

107 Free Spirits made it through week 1 of the 100K Dog Days challenge and Collette Lancaster-Lockwood is our only entry for the 50K.

Where will we stand at the end of week 2??
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
Jill

Post by Jill »

Calling Peggy. 📢 Calling Peggy. 📢

Hi Peggy, am I correct in thinking that you are taking part in the Dog Day Challenge, only I see that you have qualified for the first week and are only 7,000m away from qualifying for the second? :)

I have now completed weeks one and two.
JonT

Post by JonT »

The Meterboard has been updated and 70 Free Spirits are still in the running for the 100K with Collette Lancaster-Lockwood also still in the 50K. This number may go up as some people update meters rowed last week.

I may struggle to finish this challenge after all; my shoulder has a niggle which means I should probably give it a break. We'll see.
duffyoz
Rower and forum addict...

Post by duffyoz »

Three weeks done with 1 more to go. Lucky training has ramped up and now includes a 2 hour steady state once a week.
challenge wk 3.JPG
challenge wk 3.JPG (58.61 KiB) Viewed 1771 times
JonT

Post by JonT »

Just scraping through there Lesley :shock: :fsbgrin:
plummy
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by plummy »

JonT wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:03 am Just scraping through there Lesley :shock: :fsbgrin:
:lol: :lol:
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
commodoreann
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
I row on...: Model D with PM4

Post by commodoreann »

Dog Days indeed!

My rowing has been erratic to say the least but I decided to take on this challenge.
It has been extremely hot and humid here in upstate New York and it feels even hotter after my row. I almost gave up this week but I don't think I ever gave up a rowing challenge. Either I am feeling my age or this world is scaring me but I felt it important to keep some type of sanity. Well, I have completed week three, only one more to go. I plan to complete the 40K and it is hard! To think I used to row 40K in two or three days. That is completely mind boggling right now and I know many of you do those meters regularly.

Oh well, I feel bless everyday I wake up and happy to be a member of this team for 15 years!

Ann :fsbgrin:
I am not getting older, just better. (not bad for a 74 year young lady)
CRASH B silver medal 65-69 lwt 2016
33 million lifetime meters plus and counting......(05/12/20)
5 million season 4/07/11
actually 5.301,526 4/30/11
#44 on the C2 board
plummy
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by plummy »

commodoreann wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:15 pm Dog Days indeed!
My rowing has been erratic to say the least but I decided to take on this challenge.
It has been extremely hot and humid here in upstate New York and it feels even hotter after my row. I almost gave up this week but I don't think I ever gave up a rowing challenge. Either I am feeling my age or this world is scaring me but I felt it important to keep some type of sanity. Well, I have completed week three, only one more to go. I plan to complete the 40K and it is hard! To think I used to row 40K in two or three days. That is completely mind boggling right now and I know many of you do those meters regularly.
Oh well, I feel bless everyday I wake up and happy to be a member of this team for 15 years!
100% Agree Ann. I scraped over the line to complete week 3 yesterday and seriously feel I need a rest day today - but to get to 40k by next Saturday I've already been wondering how I can manage that total. Usually I row 4 sessions a week but can almost never get to 10k per session any more so the thought of managing that 4 times in a week is too much so I think I'll have to add a 5th session to give myself a fighting chance and that in itself feels like a bridge too far...
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
JonT

Post by JonT »

Well done for pushing on with this everyone. I will update the meterboard icons at some point over the next day.

I’m also going to struggle this week, with limited access to the ergo given other commitments. The only way I can see doing this is 3x60:00 sessions. 1 down and 2 to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JonT

Post by JonT »

The Meterboard is back up to date. We now have 52 Freespirits trying to complete the 100K challenge (this figure may go up as late entries of meters come through) and 1 trying to complete the 50k challenge.

Nearly there folks =D> =D>

Jon
Jill

Post by Jill »

I completed the challenge on Wednesday, not through choice but through necessity.

From having the whole of week 4 available, an unexpected change of plan left me with only three days to play with: Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

I confess that after Sunday's row I could easily have thrown in the towel but after reading the comments that Ann and Plummy had written about their determination to battle through, =D> =D> I knew that wimping out on my part was a no, no.

Thank you both for inspiring me and well done to all of those who have completed or almost completed the challenge. =D> =D> :)

A special mention for Peggy who said she would, " slog my way through it " and is also nearly there. =D> :)

A special mention for Jon who has ( as always ) kept everything together. =D> :) xxxx
commodoreann

Post by commodoreann »

Jill,

I completed the challenge yesterday. #-o

Bravo to you on your completion and thank you saying both Plummy and I gave you encouragement. =D>
Also, bravo to all who complete this challenge.

Hopefully, "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship" again for me on the rower.

I am not getting older, just better. (not bad for a 74 year young lady)
CRASH B silver medal 65-69 lwt 2016
33 million lifetime meters plus and counting......(05/12/20)
5 million season 4/07/11
actually 5.301,526 4/30/11
#44 on the C2 board
JonT

Post by JonT »

Well done all that completed the challenge. The icons are refreshed and we have 44 Free Spirits who have completed the 100K and 1 who completed the 50K. =D> =D> =D>
K_Cat
Stop posting and start rowing!

Post by K_Cat »

Sorry, Jill! I just saw your posts!

Yes, I managed to get through the Dog Days Challenge. Thank you so much for the encouragement! :fsbgrin: Wish I'd thought to look on the forum sooner. :oops: But I'm very happy to see that you rowed it too!! Congratulations! =D>

Congratulations to everyone that completed the Challenge!

Peggy