Millionaires club-Season

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Jill
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Re: Millionaires club-Season

Post by Jill »

Thank you Kevin - I’ll never make a poet though.

Broken glasses. Sorted.👍

Thank you also for your good wishes and I hope that your celebrations went with a swing. :) Funny old year for the festive season of course. When our parents were alive, we were always expected to travel and never spent Xmas at home. These days we please ourselves and although enjoyable, the celebrations are very low key.

A walk around the garden to see who can spot the first snowdrops coming through or the first hellebores in flower, never fails to cheer us up.

With the ongoing situation, I am at a loss to come up with any comforting words that I feel will help, so I’ll leave you by saying to everyone, " Take care and that I think about you all. Virtual hugs and kisses."

Three cheers for Jennifer Jackson … who joined us in July … because all that rowing effort … has now seen her home and dry … to become our sixth, special lady to reach One Million Metres For The Season.

Jennifer - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️💐

Who is Volstagg the Valiant … some of you may ask … and Fred Asante … might reply :fsbgrin: :fswink: … " he's helped me with my task … of achieving One Million Metres For The Season."

Fred - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Next up … Stephen Selwood from Yate … who … at a splendid … six foot … eight … has put in a towering performance in order to reach his First Million Metres For The Season.

Stephen - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

And now we have a Free Spirit … who looks quite at ease on the briny … which ... for Michael McElroy … must be a good sign he … has been able to keep his ‘sea legs ‘ on the erg, in order to attain One Million Metres For The Season.

Michael - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Living in the Derbyshire Dales … with no lack of a bracing breeze :fsbgrin: :fswink: … perhaps … Pedro Cabrita’s virtual sails … have helped him arrive … with ease … at One Million Metres For The Season.

Pedro - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Great going everyone - another Five, Fit and Fabulous Free Spirits - I admire your sterling efforts and dedication. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> 8) 💪👍 After adding your precious metres to the Team Affiliation Treasure Chest, it is now overflowing and I cannot close the lid. Thank you. :D
Last edited by Jill on Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
K_Cat
Stop posting and start rowing!
I row on...: Model D with PM4

Post by K_Cat »

Thank you, Jill, for recognizing Kevin Hubbard's million meters. He's been rowing all season, but rowing especially hard after we had to stop running outdoors in early July. I've been keeping up my running streak on the treadmill. Thank goodness for Zwift Running! Have you switched to the BikeErg? Disappointing not to see you on the meterboard, but I'm glad to see you're well! And that you have your glasses again! Virtual hugs and kisses to you too and a very Happy New Year!!! :fsbgrin:

Peggy
Jill

Post by Jill »

Hi Peggy - considering that Kevin only joined in September, he well and truly deserves recognition and I hope that he will continue to enjoy the erging experience. :)

Very well done to you with your treadmill running 👍 - Richard uses Swift Running too - I like how his avatar limbers up before starting off. It would still be good to see something Zwifty for the rower.

On the subject of rowing, I have been taking a little bit of a break, due to a lack of enthusiasm, although I am ready with my excuse. :lol:

The erg is out in the garage and for some reason this winter, I have found the cold very off putting. Whereas before it never bothered me, there have been many mornings when I have looked out of the window, seen the weather and then thought of a thousand things that I could be doing other than rowing. On the plus side, I have managed to put a pleasing amount of ticks against the word ‘ completed ‘ on my ‘ to do ‘ list. :D

On Monday morning, Richard and I moved the erg to its temporary home in the conservatory, which although not used that much during the winter months, is heated. Now all I have to do is turn up the thermostat a little and close the conservatory doors for about ten to fifteen minutes, then when I open them again … Cosy. Being comfortably warm has done wonders for my enthusiasm. :D

Again, on the plus side, I can now look out over the garden and also watch the birds on the feeders.

If you have checked the MB today, you will now see that I am on your tail … almost ... and hope that will go some way to dispelling your feelings of disappointment. :fsbgrin: :fswink:

I will catch up with the Meterboard Millionaires tomorrow and also update those Free Spirits who have accumulated more than a million BikeErg/ SkiErg metres. As a starter we have:

Sharon Wilhelm Antisdel - 9,293,493 x =D> ^O^ ❤️💐

Juergen Grieb - 2,573,969 x =D> ^O^ ❤️💪👍

Peggy, more virtual hugs and kisses to you and all. :)
K_Cat

Post by K_Cat »

Looking out at a garden and bird feeder sounds great! Happy Rowing, Jill! :fsbgrin:

And Happy Rowing, Season Millionaires! I'll get there, eventually... I hope! ^O^ =D>

Peggy
Jill

Post by Jill »

Thank you Peggy and Happy Rowing to you too. :D

I have added two new entries to my To Do List:

One Million Metres For The Season To Be Achieved By Peggy. [-o< :fsbgrin: :fswink:

One Million Metres For The Season To Be Achieved By Jill. [-o< :fsbgrin: :fswink:

Still on the subject of ‘ to do ‘ I need to earn my keep, by bringing this thread up to date.

I had better get a move on … as I’ve left things rather late … to recognise … Dwayne’s seventh million … before he's at number eight.

Dwayne - 7,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽🌪🍀🛸🏏🚒

As you are always in a hurry, you have been made an honorary member of The Free Spirits Virtual Fire Brigade.

And now we have a Free Spirit … known to us as young Mr Nick … but because of his great efforts … let’s call him young Mr Quick … for reaching Three Million Metres This Season.

Nick - 3,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽🌪

Come Burns Night … he might have haggis … come Burns Night … mashed tatties and neeps … but one thing you can be sure of … Guy Blackburn … is due ... heaps … of praise for reaching his Second Million Metres For The Season.

Guy - 2,000, 000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽

Allen H has been a Free Spirit … for two whole years … and five days … and he’s an excellent example … of how consistency pays … by attaining Two Million Metres For The Season.

Allen - 2,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽

For landing exactly on 2,000,000 metres, and to help keep up your energy levels, I am sending you a large plate of virtual pancakes - I’ll leave you to choose a topping.🥞

Two on the water rowers … have now come in from the cold … and we have watched their progress … across the board … unfold … as Greg Smith and Peter Weiß both reach their First Million Metres For The Season.

Greg - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Peter - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Three nationalities … one English … one Swiss … and one Dutch … and one thing they all have in common … is erging … so well and so much … as John Davidson, Volker Pittlik and Jan Haveman reach their First Million Metres For The Season.

John - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Volker - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Jan - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Here is Captain Jon … known for his accurate graphs … and also recognised as being … the historic City of Bath’s … most energetic erger … as he attains One Million Metres For The Season.

Jon - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Thank you so much, you Fantabulous Free Spirits - every metre that you row, every metre that you cycle and every metre that you inflict upon yourselves with that instrument of torture, the SkiErg, :fsbgrin: :fswink: is not only greatly appreciated but also a precious contribution to the Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. =D> ^O^ 8) 💪👍

Look after yourselves everyone. :) xxxx
JonT
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by JonT »

Thanks Jill. That was quite a marathon update there!

This is actually my first ever 1m meter season, so thanks for the recognition 😍
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
Jill

Post by Jill »

JonT wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:39 am Thanks Jill. That was quite a marathon update there!

This is actually my first ever 1m meter season, so thanks for the recognition
Thank you Jon. :)

You are quite right in calling my last efforts a marathon although believe it or not, everything was actually under control, as ages ago, my lovely, technophile son, Ian, showed me how to use Text Edit. :D

Apologies though for taking my eye off the ball with this thread. I am putting all the blame on the ‘ To do ‘ list - once I am on a roll with a mega - sort out, there is no stopping me. :lol: Richard always claims that during one of these episodes, he needs to keep moving about in order to avoid ending up in a black bin liner. :lol:

Extra congratulations on making this you first ever One Million Metre Season - after the rough start that you had back in March, you more than deserve the recognition. =D> =D> 8) xxxx

Thank you also for setting up and running the challenge thread - as always, plenty of, at a glance, useful information. :D

We are having some work carried out in the house at the moment which has rather put a dent in my erging meterage. I should be back on track by Thursday although my hoped for 200,000m total is now but a pipe dream. :(

I have twittered on for long enough. :fsbgrin:

At number twenty … and with excellent speed … this Free Spirit ... is now in the lead … as Miha Marinic becomes our first dear lady to reach Two Million Metres For The Season.

Miha - 2,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽💐

That is excellent progress and thank you for your most welcome contribution to the Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. =D> =D> 8)👍 Onwards and upwards towards your third million. :D
Jill

Post by Jill »

More haste, less speed. Apologies, I should have added the following to my previous post.

The Free Spirits’ BikeErg/SkiErg meterage list - as it is based on Monday’s figures, it might now be slightly out of date. Richard checked my arithmetic. :fsbgrin:

Sharon Wilhelm Antisdel - 9,814,208 - 9,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Juergen Grieb - 2,768,277 - 2,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ⭐️⭐️

Greg Smith - 2,120,090 - 2,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ⭐️⭐️

Lowell Lemoine - 2,120,000 - 2,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ⭐️⭐️

Stephen Davies - 2,673,835 - 2,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ⭐️⭐️

Richard Underwood - 1,824,239 - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ⭐️

Lesley Duffy - 529,997 - 500,000 x =D> ^O^ ⭐️

Claudius B - 705,706 - 700,00 x =D> ^O^ ⭐️

Joe Lohman - 1,424,304 - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ⭐️

John Davidson - 1,000,000 - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ⭐️

Martyn Pallet - 1,053,214 - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ⭐️

Chris Archer - 273,264 - 200,000 x =D> ^O^ ⭐️

Teemu Suortti - 2,641,340 - 2,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ⭐️⭐️

Michael Y.B. Lam - 1,436,142 - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ⭐️

Paul Kinlin - 2,506,700 - 2,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ⭐️⭐️

I hope that I have not missed anyone out.

A terrific thank you and much admiration for the effort that must have gone into your multitudinous metre contributions to the Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. =D> ^O^ 8) 👍👍 :D
Jill

Post by Jill »

Richard, “ You are looking rather pensive. “

Me, “ I have been sitting here for the last hour or so trying to come up with some suitable rhymes for the Millionaire Club Season thread. A serious case of ‘ stagnation of brain ‘ . “ :roll: :oops: :fsbgrin: :fswink:

Richard, ( laughing ) “ Roses are red, Violets are blue. “

:-k Mmmm ... I knew there was some reason why I married him. :fsbgrin: :fswink: ( 45 years this year )

Free Spirits are unique … our efforts, derring - do … all our members are First Class … and eight of them are you.

Sheena Haveman - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️💐

Dwayne Adams - 8,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽🌪🍀🛸🏏🚒🦸‍♂️

Your contributions to the January Team Challenge which qualified you for Jon's Super Hero category, made the Superman Emoji the obvious choice.

Joe Smith - 3,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽🌪

Iain Greenwood - 3,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽🌪

Peter Strik - 2,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽

Paul Kinlin - 2,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽

Martin Saxton - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️

Jussi Russia - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️

Congratulations to all of you - such Champion Efforts and thank you for your precious contributions to the Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> 8) 💪👍

Richard's reaction to my rhyme ... " It scans but I don't think that Wordsworth is going to feel threatened anytime soon. " :lol: :wink:
Last edited by Jill on Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:34 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Iain
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by Iain »

Thanks Jill. I thought for a minute you were going to try and rhyme Iain with brain :lol:
55 year old Lwt (in ability and in weight) trying to develop a technique that doesn't cause hysterics and continue to row regularly.
Sheena
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2018
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2018
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by Sheena »

Thank you for your congratulations Jill - both me and Jan managed to pass the million while clocking up meters for the Virtual Team Challenge.
February will be a month with less rowing as we catch up with some jobs in the house - before we hopefully get some better weather.
Hope you and Richard will be able to properly celebrate your 45th anniversary this year!
Jill

Post by Jill »

Iain wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:50 am Thanks Jill. I thought for a minute you were going to try and rhyme Iain with brain
Iain, even for me, that would be stretching the rules of poetic licence somewhat. You will have to be content with both words appearing in the same sentence/line. :fsbgrin: :fswink:

Now look … said the boss … Iain’s brain
If you're confused ... then let me explain
When you’ve warmed up today
Row a sub5 2k
Then tomorrow … do it again😬 :fsbgrin: :fswink:
Sheena wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:34 pm Thank you for your congratulations Jill - both me and Jan managed to pass the million while clocking up meters for the Virtual Team Challenge.
February will be a month with less rowing as we catch up with some jobs in the house - before we hopefully get some better weather.
Hope you and Richard will be able to properly celebrate your 45th anniversary this year!
Sheena, congratulations to you and Jan and I hope that you already have some ticks against the word ‘ completed ‘ on your ‘ To do ‘ list too. :)

We haven’t made any plans yet with regards to our ( May ) wedding anniversary, although as the prime sinister, mad hancock and jonathan ( who’s eaten all the pies ) van dam [-X are still moving the goal posts, we’ll probably settle for a day out somewhere - the RHS are opening their new Bridgewater Gardens in Salford on May 11th which sounds promising.

I have been catching up with emails today and will bring this thread up-to-date tomorrow. :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Although outnumbered by ten … it’s still ladies first :D … sorry … men :fsbgrin: :fswink: … as Karen Robertson and llse Van Oyen reach their respective Million Metres For The Season.

llse - 2,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽💐

Karen - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️💐

Well done both of you, that’s an admirable amount of metres and congratulations llse, for being our first lady to reach 2,000,000m. =D> =D> 8)

For Mike O’Dell … working out in the gym … has proved successful for him … as he reaches One Million Metres For The Season.

Mike - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️

With four challengers … close on his tail … keeping ahead … has allowed … Seth Israel … to reach One Million Metres For The Season.

Seth - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️

Let’s hope … there was no ‘ botty ‘ friction :fsbgrin: :fswink: … as Dogma Dave … rode with steadfast conviction … that he would reach One Million Metres For The Season.

David - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️

Johannes Milen … from sunny Spain ... has rowed … consistently … to gain … One Million Metres For The Season.

Johannes - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

As a member for almost a year … Paul Crush … has remained in top gear … in order to Reach One Million Metres For The Season.

Paul - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️

As an impressively fit … eighty nine … this Free Spirit … is not an ‘ old codger ‘ … and to prove it … he’s just crossed the line … so Three Cheers for young Mr Roger … as he achieves One Million Metres For The Season.

Roger - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️⭐️

Again … all good things come in threes … as after lots of hard rowing … these … tireless Free Spirits … have each reached Two Million Metres For The Season.

Chris Tostevin-Hall - 2,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽

Ian Bee - 2,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽

Petr Oliva - 2,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽

With Colin Brinkman … back up to speed … it was clear … that he wouldn’t need … that much time in order to reach Four Million Metres For The Season.

Colin - 4,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽🌪🍀

Thank you again everyone for all the time and effort that you have put into producing a considerable number of metres for the Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. =D> ^O^ 💪👍 8)

And for landing exactly on 1,000,000 metres, I am sending Paul and David a great many virtual 🐻 hugs. :)
Dogma Dave
Spends too much time in the forum

Post by Dogma Dave »

Jill. You are a legend. Thank you... =D> :lol:
Jill

Post by Jill »

That you David for brightening up my day and for making me laugh. :lol:

As I have never been a legend before, :o I shall borrow from Mark Twain: ‘ I can live for two months on a good compliment ‘. :)

If you include both past and present members, ( and my name is not among them ) then Free Spirits has certainly had its fair share of legends. ^O^ =D> 8)

A ‘ new girl ‘ … is it Jessica Red :fsbgrin: :fswink: … who we now see … racing ahead … to reach her First Million Metres For The Season.

Jessica - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️💐

Congratulations and welcome back Carole. What a terrific start - light the blue touch paper and stand well back. =D> =D> 8) :)

And for landing exactly on 1,000,000 metres, I am also sending you some virtual🐻 hugs. :)

Dwayne’s still erging like the wind … with hardly a breath to spare … ten million metres are in his sights … and he will soon be there … after reaching Nine Million Metres For The Season.

Dwayne - 9,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽🌪🍀🛸🏏🚒🦸‍♂️ and nine x ginormous gusts of wind 💨 to help you on your way.

Craig Robertson at number nine … has climbed steadily up the board … and … his fantastic rowing … has earned him the rich reward … of Three Million Metres For The Season.

Craig - 3,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽🌪

Teil Scott … our own Crazy Bear … continues at his best … accumulating metres … to satisfy his quest … of reaching Three Million Metres For The Season.

Teil - 3,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽🌪

From the land of white snow … and blue lakes … we have young Mr Begley … who has just what it takes … to reach Two Million Metres For The Season.

Tom - 2,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽

Jim Swinfield … from the Isle of Wight … is back with us again … and it’s a very pleasing sight … as we watch him attain … One Million Metres For The Season.

Jim - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️

This Free Spirit’s been flying along … and flying the Stars and Stripes Flag … and by staying … determined and so strong … he has a great prize in the bag … as John Tomorrow ( what a wonderful and rare surname ) reaches One Million Metres For The Season.

John - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️

Juergen Grieb … glides like a male swan :fsbgrin: :fswink: … with more underneath … than on top … going on … because not only has he reached One Million Erg Metres For The Season but also an additional 3,342,277 hidden SkiErg/BikeErg Metres For The Season as well.

Juergen - 1,000,000 x ^O^ ^O^ ^O^ ^O^ =D> =D> =D> =D> ❤️❤️❤️❤️

On the other side of the Earth … two strapping young Aussies … from Perth … have both reached One Million Metres For The Season.

Denys Williams - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️

Colin Thurlow - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️

Awesome accolades for our latest Millionaires. ^O^ =D> =D> =D> 8) 💪👍 :D

To all Free Spirits, and especially to those of you who are finding life both mentally and physically tough at the moment, another huge Thank You, in appreciation of your wonderful efforts and contributions to this club. You are all such shining examples of ‘ Can Do and Will Do some sort of exercise to help look after myself.’ ^O^ =D> You Are All Stars ⭐️ :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Next up … we have Patrick Monahan … who continues to keep himself fit … as he rows another fast million … he’s truly a man of ...‘ True Grit ‘ … for reaching Five Million Metres For The Season.

Patrick - 5,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽🌪🍀🛸

A well deserved round of applause =D> =D> =D> and thank you for your timely and terrific contribution to the Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. =D> 8) 💪👍
Jill

Post by Jill »

I went to update the thread this morning but the Meterboard wasn’t there. :shock:

Checking in again and I see that it has returned but I won’t have time today now but will hopefully catch up tomorrow. :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Here are four wonderful women … who have rowed … so well and so far … to attain their respective Millions … so let’s see who they are. :)

Lesley Duffy - 2,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽💐

Collette Lancaster - Lockwood - 2,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽💐

Katherine Iskin - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️💐

Peggy Hubbard - 1,000, 000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️💐

Many congratulations - you are such excellent representatives for this tough sport. =D> =D> =D> =D> 8) 8) 8) 8)

Lesley, as you landed exactly on 2,000,000 metres, here are some items to put towards a virtual BBQ on the beach.🥩🍗🍤🍻 Or if it becomes too hot, there’s always your own virtual rain cloud which comes with its own virtual pack-away waterproof bag.🌧 :fsbgrin: :fswink:

Far away across a vast ocean … six young men … all had the same notion … to also reach their respective Millions For The Season.

Dwayne Adams - 10,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽🌪🍀🛸🏏🚒🦸‍♂️💨🥩 After all that effort, you might need a steak to build you up again. :fsbgrin: :fswink:

Michael Murtha - 3,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽🌪

James Estes - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️

Wiliam Hosken - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️

Lowell Lemoine - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️

Mssr Anti - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️

For being the first to reach Ten Million Metres For The Season, and for the third year running, Dwayne has been awarded The Master of The Meterboard Cup 🏆 and The Order of The Myriad Metres Gold Medal.🥇

Having joined us … only last July … I think you will agree … that great effort is the reason why … Mr Horne’s at number three … and also why he has now reached Five Million Metres For The Season.

Kevin - 5,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽🌪🍀🛸

Still rowing fast … and rowing strong … Graham Storer … has made it quite plain … that by erging almost every day … he’d be back on this Thread again … in double quick time , in order to celebrate reaching Four Million Metres For The Season.

Graham - 4,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽🌪🍀

Plenty of chicken … and plenty of steak … do plenty of mighty muscles make :fsbgrin: :fswink: .. for Paul Gould … as he reaches Two Million Metres For The Season.

Paul - 2,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽

From the town famed for Pontefract Cake … will much liquorice … much muscle make? :fsbgrin: :fswink: Actually it’s not important because Darren Baldwin has already used plenty of his muscles in order to achieve One Million Metres For The Season.

Darren - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️

This young man’s … an old hand at this lark … so plenty of cheers … as we mark … Mike Channin’s One Million Metres For The Season.

Mike - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️

Although nearing the end of the season … these Free Spirits … have every good reason … to feel enormous pride in their achievements as we celebrate their respective Millions.

Rob Brittin - 3,000,000, x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽🌪

Guy Blackburn - 3,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽🌪

Claudius B - 3,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️❤️🎽🌪

Michael Smyth - 3,000, 000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽🌪

Philip Price - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️⭐️

Stephen Craig - Pearson - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️

yk chung - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️

Well done everyone - that’s such great going and once again, what a marvellous example you are and thank you so much for all your excellent and precious contributions to the Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. ^O^ =D> 8) 👍💪
K_Cat

Post by K_Cat »

Thank you, Jill!

And Congratulations to you for reaching One Million Meters for the season! Stellar rowing on your part! Completely admired your finesse with the 10k Mud Season Madness, as well! ^O^ =D> :fsbgrin:

Peggy
webberg
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit

Post by webberg »

My congrats to all who have hit the magic mark so far this season.

It was my intention to join you and at the end of March with around 100k to go, I was confident.

My right knee however was clearly not and and despite my best efforts at rehab etc, it is just not going to happen.
Uphill to the finish

ID 140904
Jill

Post by Jill »

K_Cat wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:20 am Thank you, Jill!

And Congratulations to you for reaching One Million Meters for the season! Stellar rowing on your part! Completely admired your finesse with the 10k Mud Season Madness, as well!
Thank you Peggy ( and I don’t know how I missed this - Mashed Potato Brain strikes again I’m afraid ) but Top Marks also for completing the Mud Season Challenge. ^O^ =D> :D

As I knew that April was going to be a mainly ‘ life away from rowing ‘ month, the Mud Season Madness was just the incentive/challenge that I needed to reach the 1,000,000 metres.

Best wishes to you and Kevin and I hope that you both have a successful 2021/2022 season. :D xxxx
webberg wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:03 am My congrats to all who have hit the magic mark so far this season.

It was my intention to join you and at the end of March with around 100k to go, I was confident.

My right knee however was clearly not and and despite my best efforts at rehab etc, it is just not going to happen.
Thank you Graham and I am sorry to hear that you are suffering from a wonky knee - is it likely that you’ll need some form of surgery or will some extra TLC be sufficient to have you skipping around like a spring lamb again? :)

After completing a full marathon and several half marathons, I think that you deserve to be an Honorary Member Of This Season’s Millionaire Club. :)

Graham - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️xxxx

Any Free Spirits who disagree with my decision, will have to deal with me when I am in full Battle-axe Mode. 😱😤😬 :fsbgrin: :fswink:

I’m going to bed now because I’m pooped but will ( hopefully ) catch up here, over the next couple of days. :)

Goodnight youngsters.
Kevinhorne44
Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Post by Kevinhorne44 »

I'd like to say thank you to Jill for all her updates & kind words of encouragement during the season ^O^ ^O^

Hopefully this coming season I'll be adding some extra bike & ski metres 👍
Jill

Post by Jill »

Thank you Kevin. :)

My contribution has been minimal - the real work and effort has come from yourself and from other Free Spirits. :)

Good luck with all your Erging, BikeErging and SkiErging for this coming season and I hope that you will achieve great success and continue to enjoy all the challenges. :)

I thought ( in case I missed anyone ) that it was worth waiting until today before updating this thread.

We have thirteen Free Spirits … who’ve now reached their goals … which must be good ... for their fitness … and good for their souls.

Patrick Monahan - 6,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽🌪🍀🚀🏏

Craig Robertson - 4,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽🌪🍀

Joe Smith - 4,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽🌪🍀

Ian Bee - 3,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽🌪

Anders Nordquist - 3,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽🌪

Peter Weiß - 2,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽

Christopher Lloyd - 2,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽

Boris Bossi - 2,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️🎽

Jean Kramlik - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️

Rob Larson - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️

Frazer Newbould - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️

Stefan Strand - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️

Jayesh Patel - 1,000,000 x ^O^ =D> ❤️

Congratulations and a huge Thank You to everyone for all your hard earned Erg/BikeErg/SkiErg metre contributions to the Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. ^O^ =D> 8) 👍

A Special Mention and a terrific Thank You to Sharon Wilhelm Antisdel, whose 14,090,687 BikeErg metres have put her in First Place on the Team Affiliation Standings. =D> =D> =D> ^O^ 🥇💐

Best Wishes for the coming season. :)
Carole S
Rower and forum addict...

Post by Carole S »

Thank you for remembering me Jill in yr wonderful words
Yes Im back rejoining the Free Spirits after a 10 yr absence but Ive had to set up a new account to get into the Forum for this new season
Sadly my dear Mum passed away end of April so Ive been away from home a lot lately but should be back soon and doing my slow plodding again..Ive lost 5 stone in last cpl of yrs which these "stately as a galleon rows" really help with
Nice to know a lot of the team are still here or rejoined together with lots of new faces
Including my husband, son and even 2 of my grandchildren are trying out Grandmas funny machine !
:fsbgrin:
25 million lifetime meters :fsgrin:
Jill

Post by Jill »

Thank you Carole and good morning to you. :)

As you were one of the original members of FS and quite before my time here, it is very pleasing to see your return. :)

You must be feeling very raw after the death of your mum; “ dear “, a small word but in this instance, one that speaks volumes about how much someone will always be loved and missed.

All credit to you for losing such a significant amount of weight and I hope that ( when necessary ) you have a list of motivations/incentives to call upon, in order to help keep you on the ‘ straight and narrow ‘. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I wear my list like a ‘ suit of armour ‘, which in the last five and a half years of not putting the weight back on again, has proved to be invaluable. :D

Carole, it doesn’t matter if you row at a sedate pace - after all, as long as you don’t overdo things or injure yourself, then it’s the result that counts. Also, I am sure there is plenty of room for another Princess Pootle … me being the other one of course. :fsbgrin: :fswink:

Best wishes and continuing success with your re-energised fitness adventure.xxxx