Millionaires club-Season

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Jill
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Re: Millionaires club-Season

Post by Jill »

Cutting through the virtual waves … with a brisk wind in his sail … mighty Mr. Monahan … is on somebody's tail :fsbgrin: :fswink: … as he achieves Three Million Metres For The Season.

Patrick - 3,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽🌪

If you check his season’s metres … it soon becomes quite plain … that Free Spirit, Anders Nordquist … would appear … on here again … to celebrate reaching Two Million Metres For The Season.

Anders - 2,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽

I have met young Mr. Bee … and it was certainly a pleasure … and now I’m gratified to see … his hard work has resulted in Treasure ... a well deserved One Million Metres For The Season.

Ian - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Next up … we have Tom Begley … who flies the Finnish flag … and he is proof to all of us … erging is not a drag :fsbgrin: :fswink: … as he arrives at his First Million Metres For The Season.

Tom - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Another Four Fabulous Free Spirits. =D> =D> =D> =D>

Thank you for all your stirling efforts in supporting this club and also for your generous gift of goodies for The Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. =D> 8) 💪👍 :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Tomorrow is Halloween … time to hand out the choccies and sweets … but I hope that Free Spirit, Janeen … has already had plenty of treats … in order to celebrate being our fourth, athletic young lady to reach One Million Metres For The Season.

Janeen - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️💐

And also … far across the sea … and flying the Stars and Stripes … we have … what certainly looks to me … some fit and determined types … as Karl Meyer, Joe Smith and John Esau reach their individual Millions For The Season.

Karl - 2,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽

Joe - 2,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽

John - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

That’s splendid going everyone - you can definitely claim this as a USA Day. Thank you for your much prized contributions to The Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. =D> =D> 8) 💪👍
Jill

Post by Jill »

With speed … and I hope … lots of fun … two Free Spirits … have clocked up … a ton … of metres, as Gavin Merrington ( on the 30th ) and Tim Symington ( on the 31st ) reach their First Million Metres For The Season.

Gavin - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Tim - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Congratulations to both of you - it looked like a close run race, with Gavin staying in front, by only a whisker. Many thanks for all your metres, which are worth their weight in gold for The Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. =D> =D> 8) 💪👍

Today, is the first day of the second half of the rowing year. I think that I must be getting old because the time appears to have flown by.😮

Once again, a terrific thank you to everyone who has been able to contribute their Erg/BikeErg/SkiErg metres to The Team Affiliation Treasure Chest during the last six months. =D> 8) 👍

Some of you are classed as Lightweights and some of you are classed as Heavyweights, but in truth, you are all Super Duper Weights. That is because every one of your metre contributions, whether large or small, has been most precious and most appreciated. :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Looking ahead, I will only be able to look after this thread until the end of the season.
plummy
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by plummy »

Jill wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:35 pm Looking ahead, I will only be able to look after this thread until the end of the season.
Pourquoi my dear? Hope all is ok?
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
Jill

Post by Jill »

plummy wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:33 pm Pourquoi my dear? Hope all is ok?
Hi David, I am physically okay thank you but just feeling extremely stressed and worried about so many other people at the moment that I think my anxiety levels have gone in to overdrive.

Oddly enough, I only read the first post on this thread two days ago, so didn’t realise that at one stage, lots of people contributed to it before, at some stage Paul ( very competently ) took charge.

I know that I go twittering on but since reading that first post, I am now worried that when I originally took over, they may have been some Free Spirits who would have preferred to revert back to the original set up but were too polite to say anything.

I do enjoy looking after the thread but perhaps it should be a team effort thing again, which actually I thought was rather nice.
Kevinhorne44
Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Post by Kevinhorne44 »

Hi Jill. I'm a newbie here.
But I think your contribution on this thread is wonderful. And ray of lighthearted sunshine.
I wish you well whatever you do.

From a boring old ergo'er ^O^
plummy
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by plummy »

Kevinhorne44 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:09 pm Hi Jill. I'm a newbie here.
But I think your contribution on this thread is wonderful. And ray of lighthearted sunshine.
I wish you well whatever you do.

From a boring old ergo'er ^O^
I totally agree with Kevin. There's a few of us who have "assumed" ownership of certain threads and that's fine in my book. There's nothing to stop others stepping in and posting if they so desire.
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
webberg
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by webberg »

Hello Jill,

I've probably never appeared in your news on the millionaire club, but I value and welcome your commentary as an essential part of the fabric of the club and one that I'm aware many others look forward to.

I hope that your sources and stress and anxiety ease in the coming months and that you feel able to continue here, but if you feel unable to carry on, be assured that I and many others have very much enjoyed your tenure.
Uphill to the finish

ID 140904
Jill

Post by Jill »

Thank you Plummy, Kevin and Graham for your kind words.

I have always thought of myself ( as have others ) as an easy going sort of person who was slow to anger.

I know this is not the thread to discuss such things, so I’ll be brief. The current and ongoing situation ( and I respect that everybody will have their own opinions ) has filled me with such rage which without any form of recourse, has had to be channelled into other emotions.

I apologise if I seemed to have overreacted and really appreciate your comments, which have cheered me up immensely.

As long as you are happy for me to continue, then I am happy to do so, although if anyone at any time wishes to add their own contribution, then please feel free to do so.
Grobi
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2019
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by Grobi »

Jill, please keep taking care of this thread. I very much like your writing style, although it’s a bit of a challenge for me as a non native speaker. But almost every time I‘m reading your comments I learn new words / phrases / idioms and that‘s good.
Athletes row, others just play games

Peter

55y, 1,89m, 85kg

JonT

Post by JonT »

Jill wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:35 pm Looking ahead, I will only be able to look after this thread until the end of the season.
Jill, I'm sorry to hear that you are having a tough time at the moment. It certainly is a grim time for many.

Like many others, I greatly enjoy your updates to this thread. If you want to keep going then that would be great, at the same time this is obviously not important on the scale of things and I'm sure nobody would hold it against you at all if you took a break so you could focus on other, more important things.

Do keep up with the rowing at least. I personally find great solace in losing myself on the ergo. I'm sure it is extremely good as a de-stressing activity and a valuable source of "me time", which we all need now and again. Besides which, we are tracking each other nicely ion the meterboard :fsbgrin:

Take care of yourself
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
Jill

Post by Jill »

Thank you Peter and Jon and again I apologise for my ‘ mental ‘ glitch.

Trying to keep certain friends and relations upbeat at the moment has taken its toll and I need to accept that there isn’t a magic wand that I can wave and in doing so, solve all their problems.
Grobi wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:45 pm Jill, please keep taking care of this thread. I very much like your writing style, although it’s a bit of a challenge for me as a non native speaker. But almost every time I‘m reading your comments I learn new words / phrases / idioms and that‘s good.
[/q

Peter, because you write and speak excellent English, it is easy to forget that it is not your first language. My son has taught English as a foreign language and he said that learning idioms was always popular with his students. Apparently, all the ‘ cat ‘ ones such as ‘ letting the cat out of the bag ‘ were a favourite. :fsbgrin:
JonT wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:42 am Do keep up with the rowing at least. I personally find great solace in losing myself on the ergo. I'm sure it is extremely good as a de-stressing activity and a valuable source of "me time", which we all need now and again. Besides which, we are tracking each other nicely ion the meterboard
John, during Lock Up, Richard and I have been doing far more walking out and about, than rowing. Yesterday it was Clumber Park, which is near Worksop - a place that we visit frequently..

Although very popular, the grounds are so extensive, that there is enough space to walk about without being a ‘ danger ‘ to others, or they to us.

Have no fear, I still love rowing and I cannot say enough times how much it has turned my life around and helped me get back down to,and stay at a healthy weight again. And yes, I agree with you, rowing is also very therapeutic,

“ Tracking each other nicely on the Meterboard. “ :-k Mmmm … sounds like a challenge to me.

Still on the subject of the Meterboard, I see that Plummy is not that far away from 1,000,000m. I need to shake up the little grey cells and think up a suitable rhyme. :fsbgrin: :fswink:

Best wishes to you all. :)

Oh cripes! What have I done here? It looks as if the Techno Gremlins have struck again. #-o :roll:
Jill

Post by Jill »

With impressive results for the CTC … here are some more … for Claudius B … as he reaches his First Million Metres For The Season.

Claudius - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Congratulations - stay fit and well and for looking after other people’s health, you especially, deserve your red heart. =D> 8) 💪👍

Great staying power … for this demanding, tough sport … has brought …Iain Greenwood to his Second Million Metres For The Season.

Iain - 2,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽

A well deserved result for all your hard work and dedication. =D> 8) 💪👍
Claudius

Post by Claudius »

Thank you very much Jill !
“Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?”
(J.R.R.T.)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Claudius, you are most welcome. :)

Next up … and this isn't known by some … we have … a wee ... Bear Cub :fsbgrin: :fswink: … and he's called Mr Plumb … esteemed member … of **The Club 🐻 … and still energetically erging, in order to reach One Million Metres For The Season.

Plummy - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Thank you for being such a long-time and excellent representative of this sport. =D> 8) 👍💪 Not many metres to go now before your lifetime metre total equals your age … forty. :fsbgrin: :fswink:

And for landing exactly on 1,000,000 metres, something for you to polish.🥇
** Crazy Bear Challenge Club

Dwayne … our man from Phoenix … remains well in the clear… as he reaches Million Number Six … by erging in top gear.

Dwayne - 6,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽🌪🍀🛸🏏

Another peerless performance and to celebrate hitting a six, something borrowed from another sport. =D> 8) 👍💪

A Special Mention for Colin Brinkman and I hope that he is not unwell or injured? He is very much missed from the Meterboard. :(

Thank you everyone for all your first class support and contributions to the Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. =D> =D> =D> 8) 👍💪

This also includes those Free Spirits whose BikeErg/SkiErg contributions ( minus their Erg metres ) are listed below:

Sharon Wilhem Antisdel - 7,944,426 =D> ^O^ 8) 💐

Juergen Grieb - 1,900,964 =D> ^O^ 8) - Esteemed member of The Club 🐻

Gregory Smith - 1,560,899 =D> ^O^ 8)

Lowell Lemoine - 1,580,000 =D> ^O^ 8)

Teemu Suortt - 2,110,590 =D> ^O^ 8)

Stephen Davies - 1,874,448 =D> ^O^ 8)

Richard Underwood - 1,596,726 =D> ^O^ 8)

Lesley Duffy - 303,849 =D> ^O^ 8) 💐- Esteemed member of The Club 🐻

Claudius B - 669,974 =D> ^O^ 8)

Joe Lohman - 1,066,667 =D> ^O^ 8)

John Davidson - 544,366 =D> ^O^ 8)

I checked out the figures earlier today, so allowing for different time zones and activity since, some may now be slightly out of date.

Hello there Sharon and welcome to Free Spirts. Thank you very much indeedy for your splendid contribution to the Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. Absolute gold. =D> =D> :D
Jill

Post by Jill »

Holding his place at thirty nine … Bob Poliachik … crosses the line … to successfully reach his First Million Metres For The Season.

Bob x 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Congratulations - once again, your strong and consistent efforts have resulted in many, much deserved metres, which are a most welcome contribution to The Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. =D> 8) 👍💪 Thank you. :)

Unless I am mistaken … young Teil Scott has taken … the daring ( and perhaps not altogether wise :fsbgrin: :fswink: ) decision, to take part in this year’s Crazy Bear Challenge. =D> ^O^

He started on the 10th and up to and including yesterday, he has already completed 15 half marathons, or to quote Plummy, “ There’s a bunch of people already banging these out. “ =D> ^O^ 8)

Last Saturday’s half-marathon took Teil to his Second Million Metres For The Season.

Teil - 2,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽

Already half-way there. =D> =D> Such a stupendous effort! =D> ^O^ I do hope that certain parts of your anatomy are well cushioned and not feeling too tender 😬 … just yet. :fsbgrin: :fswink:

For all your continued brave efforts, we salute you. =D> ^O^ 8) 💪👍

Good luck. :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Next up … young Mr Wolfie … and if you want the proof he … has been putting in plenty of hard work on the erg … then ... Ta-da! One Million Metres For The Season.

Steve - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Stirling stuff and thank you for your mighty metre contribution to the Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. =D> =D> 8) 💪👍

I know that to celebrate your Silver Wedding Anniversary, ( 25years ) you and your wife, Linzi, had planned a safari holiday in Botswana, which, because of the Covid19 restrictions, you then decided to cancel.

Therefore, as you landed exactly on 1,000,000 metres, you have won an all expenses paid holiday to Botswana. Only virtual I know but I hope that you and Linzi will have raised a real glass or two in order to celebrate many wonderful holidays to come. 🥂
Wolfmiester

Post by Wolfmiester »

:lol: :lol: :oops:
A lovely way with words Jill 8) thanks.
(we still have the safari booked for next March now, but that is looking very unlikely as well sadly)
Wolfie

Age 59 Height 6'4" Weight 93k
Jill

Post by Jill »

Thank you Steve. :)

I am sorry to hear that your future holiday plans are still looking very uncertain. I can only suggest that you try to keep positive, although understandably, it's not easy, when our ‘ revered ‘ government keep moving the goalposts. :roll:

They say all good things come in threes … and it's truly the case … with these … Free Spirits … who have all reached their respective Million Metres For The Season.

Phil Summerfield - 2,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽

Michael Smyth - 2,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽

Brian Doucet - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Congratulations, you are some Terrific Trio and a Terrific Thank You for all your considerable contributions to The Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. =D> =D> =D> 8) 👍💪
Jill

Post by Jill »

Jennifer Chinitz … from Michigan … can … show most of us a ‘ clean pair of heels ‘ … as she has sped ahead … to become our fifth young lady to reach One Million Metres For The Season.

Jennifer - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ 💐

Having worked … steadily toward … a healthy … hoard … of metres … Mike Casey can now celebrate achieving his First Million Metres For The Season.

Mike - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

David Leibowits … has been ‘ strutting his stuff ‘ … to accumulate … more than enough … metres, to reach his First Million For The Season.

David - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

With many metres … now ‘ under his belt ‘ … young Mr Koene … has rowed ' at full pelt ‘… in order to achieve One Million Metres For The Season.

Fred - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Jennifer, Mike, David and Fred, praise aplenty for all your efforts and a heartfelt thank you for your Team Affiliation Treasure Chest bounty. =D> =D> =D> =D> 8) 👍

A Very Special Mention for Teil Scott, who yesterday, completed ( without taking a rest day :shock: ) the Crazy Bear Challenge.🐻

Teil, apart from what must be your own feelings of personal satisfaction. thank you for flying the flag for Free Spirits. =D> ^O^ 8) 👍💪 You are a star. ⭐️

I have done my best to include some idioms for Peter W. :fsbgrin: :fswink:
Jill

Post by Jill »

With Paul Gould … it’s important for him … to stay healthy … stay fit … and stay slim … and reaching One Million Metres For The Season is an excellent way of achieving all three.

Paul - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Perhaps a special red heart for you … Best wishes towards your continued good health, progress and motivation. =D> 8) 👍 :)

With … rocket fuel in his tank … we can probably bank … on Graham Storer … rowing his way to 4,000,000 metres as he has already just passed Three Million Metres For The Season.

Graham - 3,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽🌪

Great going Graham, especially as once again, you have rowed every day. =D> 8) 💪

** Scads of Thank Yous everyone for your Erg/BikeErg/Ski/Erg Christmas Contributions to The Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. =D> =D> =D> 8) 👍

** Although Father Christmas might not be so busy this year, it is possible that he could be bringing me a book on archaic English, in which case … :fsbgrin: :fswink:

I have a friend, Linda, who for years has been a loyal member of The Cliff Richard Fan Club so occasionally, Richard, the Underwood’s in - house Father Christmas is called upon to reluctantly order certain items from Amazon.

This year:

Me: “ Please could you order some Cliffy things for Linda. “
Richard: “ Oh God! “ :roll:
Me: “ And could you also order a Strictly Come Dancing DVD for her. “
Richard: " Bloody hell! What the 🤬 is that going to do to my buying history! "
Me: " Now, now. " [-X :lol:

Sometimes, Father Christmas can be very grumpy. :lol: :wink:
Last edited by Jill on Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulgould
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by paulgould »

Thank you very much Jill, for the kind words - yours and the rest of the team's support is really invaluable and motivational and I really, really appreciate it :fssmile: :fssmile: :fssmile:

Paul G
56, 1.74m , Sep '20 - 114 kg , currently - 98 kg
200m - 30.8
300m - 47.7
30r20 - 7754m
12 hr - 139300m
100 mile - 14:10.12
200km - 18:28.30
Jill

Post by Jill »

Thank you Paul - look after yourself and remember that we humans are not like Kryton, who could go to his wardrobe and take out Spare Body 2. :fsbgrin: :fswink:

Apologies in advance to Kevin ( Horne ) for using the diminutive of his Christian name. I am claiming poetic licence. :fsbgrin: :fswink:

Apologies also for being late with this update. I broke my reading glasses and I’m having to wear an old pair at the moment, which isn’t great but better than no glasses at all. I should be able to get my present pair fixed this week. At the moment, staring at a computer screen ( for too long :-({|= ) strains my eyes, so I will finish the thread update tomorrow. :)

He’s still putting the ’spark ‘ in Sparkford … as Kevin Horne … improves on his score … by adding another million … to bring his total to Four … Million Metres For The Season.

Kevin - 4,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽🌪🍀

By cranking up the revs … and posting … more metres than Kev’s :fsbgrin: :fswink: … Patrick Monahan has also reached Four Million Metres For The Season.

Patrick - 4,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽🌪🍀

Congratulations, that’s such a wonderful effort from you both and thank you for your many and much appreciated contributions to the Team Affiliation Treasure Chest. =D> =D> ^O^ ^O^ 8) 💪👍

Although Patrick has now bagged the number two position on the MB, in fairness to Kevin, he reached his four million metres on the nineteenth, ahead of Patrick , who reached his on the twenty seventh. :)

High up … at position fourteen … Michael Murtha … is still very keen … to give Old Father Time a ‘ run for his money ‘ by reaching Two Million Metres For The Season.

Michael - 2,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽

Does Rob Brittin … ever put on the brakes … as he makes … short work of reaching Two Million Metres For The Season.

Rob - 2,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽

This Free Spirit … celebrated Noel … by rowing … incredibly well … on Christmas Day, in order to reach Two Million Metres For The Season.

Craig - 2,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️🎽

Last week … a young Mr Jain … made it quite plain … that he would be “ smashing out some metres “ and true to his word, all that “ smashing "💪 has led to his First Million Metres For The Season. Not sure what the “ 3 day bender ‘’ comprising “ eat, drink and be merry “ will have led to though … :fsbgrin: :fswink:

Peter - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Kevin Hubbard … from New Mexico … decided to row … and to row … until he reached his First Million Metres For The Season.

Kevin - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Tremendous going everyone and thank you for your much prized, myriad of metres. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> 8) 💪👍 :D
Last edited by Jill on Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kevinhorne44
Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Post by Kevinhorne44 »

Thank you Jill for your usual very special way with words 🙂 I hope your having a wonderful festive season even if its without your glasses 🙈 well done to everyone else who have had important milestones ^O^ ^O^