Millionaires club-Season

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Tako
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Re: Millionaires club-Season

Post by Tako »

ImageImageImage

What did I see this morning? Image

Can it be right?!

Such great detailed planning? Image

While staying fit for fight???

One of the two strong ladies in the remaining fifteen,

Planning meters better than I have seen,

Going for the finish line Image

Sending shockwaves down the spine!

Heading for the big impressive Million for the season!

I guess that might have been one reason,

You might have doubted that you could,

But yes you are great Jill Underwood!!!

Congratulations with your Million Meters and thank you very much for your great million meter club posts!!!

Stay safe! Stay healthy!
\:D/ 🏴‍☠️🇳🇱🇩🇪🇩🇰🇳🇴🇪🇺
Draggon
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by Draggon »

That's funny, Tako! I was just looking at the meter board myself this morning and noticed Jill's nicely-rounded 1M number. I came to this topic to see if she announced herself, but found yours instead... Love it! :D
Jill
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Post by Jill »

Thank you Ron and Tako, your words have brought such a huge smile to my face, in a time when we are all certainly in need of something to smile about. :D

Tako, that’s an impressive piece of poetry. I’m thinking that I might have to take you on as my apprentice or even my successor … :D

I must admit though that I am somewhat embarrassed at being described in such glowing terms. I hardly recognise myself. :fsbgrin: :fswink:

I hadn’t intended to leave it this late to reach 1,000,000m but unexpected events kept me apart from Darth Vader for longer than planned.

For the record, I not only landed exactly on 1,000,000 metres for the season but on 13,000,000 lifetime metres too. Until I can overcome my writer’s block, ( pretentious? :roll: moi? :roll: ) I still will not be claiming any gold stars or possibly pink flamingos.

Take care everyone and try to find something to smile about ( if possible ) each day. :)
MaxMacLaren1

Post by MaxMacLaren1 »

Brilliant Tako, a nice touch and very well deserved Jill!
Max

Male, 53yrs, 83kg, 181cm
Tako

Post by Tako »

Thanks for the great response to my spontaneous creativity blast on an early morning :-)

Jill I am not sure that I would have time to be an apprentice, but I am more than happy to help out once in a while. I just wanted to make sure that you, who always writes great lines for us others, get a well deserved response yourself as well.

And of course you deserved every word of it, as the others also confirm.

Stay safe! Stay healthy!
Jill

Post by Jill »

Thank you Max and Tako. :)

Karl Meyer from Germantown … proves … that you can’t keep a good man down … as he reaches Three Million Metres For The Season.

Karl - =D> ^O^ x 3,000,000 💸💸💸

At position twenty one … there’s much applause … and a very well done … to Teil Scott as he hits Two Million Metres For The Season.

Teil - =D> ^O^ x 2,000,000 💸💸

From the land of the Norfolk Pine … Kelvin James … has been erging … just fine … in order to arrive at One Million Metres For The Season.

Kelvin - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

Never give up, never surrender … is Joseph Wilhems’ battle cry … and … he's stayed true to his word … and let me tell you why … One Million Metres For The Season.

Joseph - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

Dwayne has kept way ahead of the field … and proved impossible to catch … so now, I can safely announce … that he’s definitely … won the match … with a Terrific Total of Ten Million Metres For The Season.

Dwayne - =D> ^O^ x 10,000,000 💸💸💸💸💸💸💸💸💸💸

This also means that for the second year running, Dwayne has been awarded:

The Master of The Meterboard Cup. 🏆

The Order of The Myriad Metres Gold Medal. 🥇

Thank you all Free Spirits, whether you SkiErg, BikeErg or Erg, for your fantabulous efforts and hard won contributions to the Team Affiliation Standings. =D> ^O^ 8) 👍💪

These are the Free Spirits whose SkiErg, BikeErg or both + Erg meterage, total more than 1,000,000 metres:

Chris Archer - 1,135,114
Claudius B - 4,512,418
Juergen Grieb - 5,967,960
Fred Koene - 1,271,079
Michael Y.B.Yam - 2,222,435
Lowell Lemoine - 4,240,000
M.Pallett - 2,003,261
Greg Smith - 3,031,922
Teemu Suortti - 1,191,457
Richard Underwood - 4,035,697
Draggon

Post by Draggon »

Jill wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:03 pmDwayne has kept way ahead of the field … and proved impossible to catch … so now, I can safely announce … that he’s definitely … won the match … with a Terrific Total of Ten Million Metres For The Season.

Dwayne - =D> ^O^ x 10,000,000 💸💸💸💸💸💸💸💸💸💸

This also means that for the second year running, Dwayne has been awarded:

The Master of The Meterboard Cup. 🏆

The Order of The Myriad Metres Gold Medal. 🥇
Thanks for the update, Jill. I've asked before but got no response - does anyone know who this Dwayne guy is - i.e. what he's about? He rows a phenomenal amount of meters, and I'm just curious what drives him.
Jill

Post by Jill »

Draggon wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:34 am I've asked before but got no response - does anyone know who this Dwayne guy is - i.e. what he's about? He rows a phenomenal amount of meters, and I'm just curious what drives him.
Ron, I am unable to give you any information about Dwayne, other than already shown on his profile but then again, I would have to say the same with regards to about 95% of Free Spirits. I can understand your curiosity but when a new member joins the club, they are not obliged to give details of their personal lives and as far as I know, Free Spirits have always respected the wishes of those who would prefer to maintain their privacy. :)

I agree, Dwayne's meterage is phenomenal but not impossible - perhaps he rows twice or even three times a day and some ergers can become obsessed or addicted to rowing. I'm speculating now ... that's your fault Ron. :fsbgrin: :fswink:

Obvious question coming up. Have you considered sending Dwayne a PM? :)
Draggon

Post by Draggon »

Jill wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:27 pmObvious question coming up. Have you considered sending Dwayne a PM? :)
Sorry if I sounded insistent. I just feel like he should be famous around these parts, and since I've only been an FS for a relatively short time, I figured maybe I missed "the boat" and another long-term member might have some info. :)

I'd feel weird sending a PM. I'll let him live his life in peace... :lol:
Jill

Post by Jill »

That’s okay Ron and again, I’m sorry that I could not be of any help. I better get on now and earn my keep.

I looked at the Meterboard … and what did I see … not one … not two … but three … Free Spirits, who have all reached another … hang on … there’s Mike O’ Dell … as well … and ‘ snakes alive ‘ … we’re now up to five … as Timothy Doody also joins the Free Spirits who have all reached their respective Millions For The Season.

Morten Haugseng - =D> ^O^ x 4,000,000 💸💸💸💸

Patrick Monahan - =D> ^O^ x 4,000,000 💸💸💸💸

Allen H - =D> ^O^ x 2,000,000 💸💸

Mike O’Dell - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

Timothy Doody - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

Gentlemen, a terrific thank you for your much valued contributions to the Team Affiliation Standings. =D> ^O^ 8) 👍

For Mike O’Dell, who landed exactly on 1,000,000 metres, 8) some liquid refreshment.🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺
Jill

Post by Jill »

Colin Brinkman ... is still a Shining Star … and deserving of our praise … having erged another million … in just … thirty three … terrific days … in order to reach Eight Million Metres For The Season.

Dynamic Dude - =D> ^O^ x 8,000,000 💸💸💸💸💸💸💸💸

And now … we have a Free Spirit … known for erging in fifth gear … and that is why … ‘ Guy Black … burns … up … the … metres ‘… has ended this past year … with Five Million Of Them For The Season.

Guy - =D> ^O^ x 5,000,000 💸💸💸💸💸

Michael Murtha says … “ I’m just some old head trying to keep up with Father Time “ … when actually … he’s overtaken him … ( and helped me with my rhyme :fsbgrin: :fswink: ) to reach Two Million Metres For The Season.

Michael - =D> ^O^ x 2,000,000 💸💸

Jon Esau … has erged consistently … to reach number twenty four … and all his hard work has paid off … as he achieves … a well deserved score … of Two Million Metres For The Season.

John - =D> ^O^ x 2,000,000 💸💸

Unable to row on the river … Peter Weiß … has still kept himself fit … as a ‘ Many Erg Metre Giver ‘ … he has certainly ‘ done his bit ‘ and also attained Two Million Metres For The Season.

Peter - =D> ^O^ x 2,000,000 💸💸

Craig Robertson’s … on my tail … and with a Million Metres … under his belt ... I don’t think he’ll fail … to overtake … this 🐌

Craig - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

Tim Symington … looks athletic ... and fit enough to run … and also fit enough … to row … his way to One … Million Metres For The Season.

Tim - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

Richard Lindner … “ **Cumbs up from Zummerzet … Where the Zider apples grow “… And he’s also come up with the motivation … to row … and row … and row … his way to One Million Metres For The Season.

Richard - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

** With a thank you to The Wurzels

Tim and Richard, as you both landed exactly on 1,000,000 metres, here are two virtual anchors that you can pull up at anytime, in order to sail away into the wide, blue yonder. ⚓️⚓️

Next up … Iain Greenwood … from Reading … who from January … has been heading ... rapidly towards his First Million Metres For The Season.

Iain - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

I’m not sure how to pronounce Koene … so instead … I'll use his Christian name, Fred … in order to congratulate this young Dutchman on reaching One Million Metres For The Season.

Fred - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

Vytautas Sackus … from Lithuania … has been rewarded … for his Ergomania … with One Million Metres For The Season.

Vytautas - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

What a Fabulous Fitness of Free Spirits you all are and Thank You a thousand times, for all your countless contributions to The Team Affiliation Standings. =D> ^O^ 8) 👍💪 :)
fkoene
True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Post by fkoene »

Jill wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:05 pm I’m not sure how to pronounce Koene … so instead … I'll use his Christian name, Fred … in order to congratulate this young Dutchman on reaching One Million Metres For The Season.

Fred - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸
I seldomly visit this thread, considering Jill's contributions I should do this more often. But doing that I might feel embarased to write something, not nearly being that fluent in English.
However, to clarify the pronunciation of my surname: I think it should be something like this: ˈkunə
Thanks, Jill. Also for calling me young, not something I've heard for a long time.
Jill

Post by Jill »

Thank you Fred - if I had thought about it, I could have asked Jan ( Haveman ) for the correct pronunciation of your surname.

I have the greatest admiration for your English language skills.👍 =D> :)

Tomorrow, I will complete the write-up for the last of this season’s Metre Millionaires. I have been working on the computer for most of the day and have strained the ‘ old mince pies ‘. Too much staring at the screen. :roll:
Jill

Post by Jill »

Apologies for being a little late with the last of the 2019 - 2020 season’s Metre Millionaires.

Dwayne Adams - =D> ^O^ x 11,000,000 💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰

Michael Smyth - =D> ^O^ x 3,000,000 💸💸💸

Brian Doucet - =D> ^O^ x 2,000,000 💸💸

Boris Bossi - =D> ^O^ x 2,000,000 💸💸

Tako Lootsma - =D> ^O^ x 2,000,000 💸💸

Bob Lesch - =D> ^O^ x 2,000,000 💸💸

George Weekes - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

Alex Finch - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

Jianjing Tang - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

Lowell Lemoine - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

Congratulations and a heartfelt thank you to all Free Spirits for your ginormous and most generous SkiErg, BikeErg and Erg contributions to the Team Affiliation Standings. =D> ^O^ 8) 👍👍

When I checked the TAS last evening at about 10.30pm we were in second place, with a total of 271,509,802 metres and the Diamonds were not far behind, with 255,259,415.

I must now be the bearer of some shocking news; we have another pirate in our midst, a certain Cut-throat Tako, who is sailing the virtual oceans under the sign of The Jolly Roger ( Skull and Crossbones☠️ ). It has been rather obvious all along about Tako’s real identity … after all, who put the ‘ Loot ‘💴💰💍👑 in Lootsma? :fsbgrin: :fswink:

However, as this particular pirate landed exactly on two million metres, he definitely deserves an extra ration of grogg.🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Wishing you all a healthy, injury free, successful and satisfying new season. :)
Tako

Post by Tako »

Jill wrote:Apologies for being a little late with the last of the 2019 - 2020 season’s Metre Millionaires.

I must now be the bearer of some shocking news; we have another pirate in our midst, a certain Cut-throat Tako, who is sailing the virtual oceans under the sign of The Jolly Roger ( Skull and CrossbonesImage ). It has been rather obvious all along about Tako’s real identity … after all, who put the ‘ Loot ‘ImageImageImageImage in Lootsma? :fsbgrin: :fswink:

However, as this particular pirate landed exactly on two million metres, he definitely deserves an extra ration of grogg.ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wishing you all a healthy, injury free, successful and satisfying new season. :)
Thank you very much Jill!!!
I have to admit that it is the first time I ever hear my family name connected to looting ImageImageImage
With my flag on the Meterboard I guess I asked for it. Though I have to admit that I chose it more because of the problem of which flag to chose Image Image Image or Image

The other reason is that in the Netherlands the “oo” is more pronounced like “ow”; hence, my surprise regarding looting.
The “oo” matches better Fred’s name i.e. like “Koone” :-)

Up to the next million in gold :-)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Tako, being multilingual or a polyglot pirate is no excuse but as you have recently completed a half - marathon =D> and a full - marathon, =D> I shall let you off with a caution. :fsbgrin: :fswink:

My maiden name ( father’s surname ) contains ‘ oo ‘ and is of Anglo-Saxon origin. A few years ago, when watching a TV programme about Friesland farmers, I noticed that one of them looked so much like my dad, that they could have been brothers. Perhaps they were very, very distant cousins?

The following information might not be accurate because it was obtained from Mr. Google but as I understand it, at one time, during the Early Middle Ages or the Migration Period, Friesland was probably occupied by the new Frisii, Angles, Saxons and Jutes.

Here's to our first million metres. A beer for you 🍺 and something non-alcoholic 🧃 for me. :)

Apologies Plummy, for drifting way off subject. :fsbgrin: :fswink:
Jill

Post by Jill »

👽 Greetings Earthlings. 🤟

For the last 11 weeks, Jill has been convinced that she's on another planet ...🪐

👽 Ssshhh ... I promise that she will be returned to 🌏 tomorrow.

👽 Goodbye 🚀
Paul Victory
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by Paul Victory »

Nanu nanu. 🙏
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
Jill

Post by Jill »

👽 Thank you Paul - it takes one to know one. By the way, I loved the movie.

🖖 Live long and prosper.

Oh, I almost forgot, Jill has returned to 🌏 but she's having a few problems ... something about quarantine ...

Anyway, I must return home immediately as some earthling, named Elon Musk??? wants to colonise our planet. He hasn't even bothered to apply for planning permission. Damn cheek! Time to put up the deflector shields and our state of the art cloaking devices.

🚀
Paul Victory
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by Paul Victory »

Stardate **.**.****. Captain James T Victory reporting. There are two crew members who have already exceeded 1 million meters for the season.

If our chief meterboard monitor does not include said achievements in her official report by the time we reach Alteron Five, I shall be forced to intervene on her behalf.
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
Jill

Post by Jill »

Reporting for duty Captain.👍

Two Free Spirits from over the pond … are obviously … rather fond … of metre munching as they have both powered their way to One Million Metres For The Season.

Colin Brinkman - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Dwayne Adams - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

It took Colin 33 days to reach 1,000,000 metres on 2nd June and Dwayne 34 days to reach 1,000,000 metres on 3rd June. Therefore, Colin can lay claim to the fastest first 1,000,000 metres of the season. =D> =D> =D>

A well deserved congratulations to you both for all your amazing motivation. =D> 8) 👍

Will our two Awesome Americans be able to continue their athletic game of leapfrog and which one of them will reach 2,000,000m first?
Jill

Post by Jill »

If the erg … you are tempted to sample … then Patrick Monahan … is an excellent example … of its benefits, as he becomes our third Free Spirit to reach One Million Metres For The Season.

Patrick - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

Keep, keeping fit, Patrick. 8) 👍💪 :)

A Very Special Mention and a Very Special Thank You, to all our members who have already been piling up a myriad metres towards the Team Affiliation Standings. =D> ^O^ 👍 8) :D

I do hope that our remaining Free Spirits who normally work out at a gym, will soon be able to return to some regular and structured exercise. 🙏🏻 :)

To celebrate 1,000,000 metres, I have chosen a ❤️ because with the start of each new season, so many of you set your hearts on reaching that goal. :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

With his siren ... nee nawing … and his blue light … flashing … Fireman Shuker … has been dashing … up the Meterboard to become our fourth Free Spirit to attain One Million Metres For The Season.

Nick - 1,000,000 x =D> ^O^ ❤️

New Hip! Hip! Hooray! :fsbgrin: :fswink: It’s a pleasure to see you back in active service again Nick. =D> 8) 💪👍

Although Nick is a retiree from the Fire Service, if you see him hurtling up behind you,🚒 then you had better pull over and let him pass. :fsbgrin: :fswink:
Dogma Dave
Spends too much time in the forum

Post by Dogma Dave »

I am absolutely loving Jill’s write ups of our million metre heroes... :lol:

Keep ‘em coming... :D
Jill

Post by Jill »

Dogma Dave wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:43 pm I am absolutely loving Jill’s write ups of our million metre heroes...

Keep ‘em coming...
Thank you Dave :) - I will do my best although I can’t make any promises, as I now ( as I keep telling friends and family who are kind enough to listen ) have a brain that’s 50% marshmallow and 50% mashed potato. :shock:

With the emotional and economic impact that has affected so many lives over the last fourteen weeks, there have been occasions when I have felt guilty about laughing at something funny or sharing a joke with someone. Light-hearted moments are still needed though. :)