Millionaires club-Season

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Jill
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Re: Millionaires club-Season

Post by Jill »

Looking over Hadrian’s Wall … I see … Guy Blackburn has given his all … in order to reach Four Million Metres for the season.

Guy - :D =D> x 4,000,000 👕👕👕👕

Thank you again and much admiration for the terrific effort that must go into amassing your meterage. An expression that seems to have crept into our language is ‘ smashing it ‘ :fsbgrin: :fswink: . Guy, along with some of our other extremely energetic ergers, you are ‘ smashing it ‘. ^O^ =D> 8)

Great going and well done to all Free Spirits who have been able to take part in the World Team Challenge.👍 =D> 8)

Mind how you all go though - don’t overdo things. I shall refrain from saying anymore on the subject. :-# :---) When our son, Ian, visits, ( he’s 37 and 6’ 4”, he usually says, “ Mum, before you say anything, my coat/jacket is in the car. “ :fsbgrin:
Jill

Post by Jill »

David Schneider from over the pond … has rowed further and further beyond … 5,000,000m … in order to complete Six Million Metres for the season.

David - :D ^O^ x 6,000,000 👕👕👕👕👕👕

Paul Kinlin from over the border … has rowed so well … in order … to reach Two Million Metres for the season.

Paul - :D =D> x 2,000,000 👕👕

David and Paul, congratulations on your excellent achievements and thank you for your much prized and appreciated contributions to the Team Affiliation Standings. =D> ^O^ 8)

Free Spirits are go. 8) 🚀👍 :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Congratulations to a very special gentleman, Roger Burrell, who has reached One Million Metres for the season.

Roger - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Thank you for helping to keep our Gallic Cousins in their place on the Team Affiliation Standings ... behind us. :fsbgrin: :fswink: ^O^ =D> 8)

Thank you also Roger and Philip ( Price ), for being such splendid sportsmen. ^O^ ^O^ =D> =D> 🌟🌟
Jill

Post by Jill »

Kevin McCarthy from Maryland … deserves a big hand … for reaching One Million Metres for the season.

Kevin - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

After hoisting his virtual sails … Jonny Lear … from south west Wales … has navigated his way around the virtual coastline in order to reach port and One Million Metres for the season

Jonny - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

From Charleston, WV … well done to Jeffrey C … Franklin … for reaching One Million Metres for the season.

Jeffrey - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Jussi Ruusila is from Helsinki … and I think he … deserves much applause, for reaching One Million Metres for the season.

Jussi - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

From the Land of The Long White Cloud … Stephen Craig-Pearson … must feel … very proud … to have achieved One Million Metres for the season.

Stephen - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

From the home of Robin Hood … “ the boy has done good “ … because Rob Keal has now reached Two Million Metres for the season.

Rob - :D =D> x 2,000,000 👕👕

He does a grand job looking after a thread … now … it’s his turn to be looked after instead … as we all give David Carrière a huge round of applause👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 for reaching Two Million Metres for the season.

David - :D =D> x 2,000,000 👕👕

It seems … that in a trice … that rather nice ... young Peter Weißß … has now reached Two Million Metres for the season.

Peter - :D =D> x 2,000,000 👕👕

Has Colin Brinkman been dining on Go ‘ Fasta ‘ Pasta :fsbgrin: :fswink: … because … I bet he … has been on the spaghetti :fsbgrin: :fswink: … in order to produce the energy needed to achieve, in such a tremendously short time, Three Million Metres for the season.

Colin - :D =D> 3,000,000 👕👕👕

Having scored … another hoard … of metres … Morten Haugseng has now reached Four Million for the season.

Morteng - :D =D> x 4,000,000 👕👕👕👕

It only remains … to celebrate Dwayne’s … amazing and massive Ten Million Metres for the season and to award him The Master of The Meterboard Gold Cup and The Order of The Myriad Metres Gold Medal.

Dwayne - :D =D> ^O^ x 10,000,000 🏆🏅

The Queen wished to dub you with her Ceremonial Sword … but when I saw how unsteady her hand is now :shock: … I managed to talk her out of it. :fsbgrin: :fswink:

Congratulations and a super well done to you all. You are such a group of exceptional people. :D =D> ^O^ 8) 👍💪

Who remembers having to learn about collective nouns? I’m always amused by ‘An Unkindness of Ravens, A Murder of Crows and A Glaring of Cats, to name but a few.

Q: So what do you call a group of Free Spirits?

A: A Fitness of Free Spirits. :D
Jill

Post by Jill »

Stephen Selwood and David Smith … have achieved their targets … with … plenty of time in hand … as they both land … on One Million Metres for the season.

Stephen - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

David - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Shooting up to number twenty … Attila Kárpáti has rowed plenty … of metres … to reach Two Million for the season.

Attila - :D =D> x 2,000,000 👕👕

Congratulations gentlemen and thank you so much for all your great efforts and contributions to the Team Affiliation Standings. Stirling work. ^O^ =D> 8)

Stephen, on your profile you have written, “ Still going. “ and you certainly are. :) 👍

David, you have written on your profile that you hoped to row half a million metres for the season, so well done on achieving slightly more than that. :fsbgrin: :fswink: Excellent going. :) 👍

Despite time spent on a BikeErg saddle … young Juergen has still managed to ‘ paddle ‘ :fsbgrin: :fswink: … his way to Five Thousand Metres for the season.

Juergen - :D =D> x 5,000,000 👕👕👕👕👕🧢

Bang on target🎯 and a storming end of season finish.💪 Thank you again Juergen for the impressive amount of metres that you have contributed to the Team Affiliation Standings. ^O^ =D> 8)

And for landing exactly on 5,000,000m, at least a couple of 🥩🥩 and something to wash them down with. 🍺🍺 You need to keep your strength up lad. :fsbgrin: :fswink:
Juergie
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)

Post by Juergie »

Thanks Jill, your kind words make every million worth it.
Jill

Post by Jill »

Thank you Juergen, although my input was minimal and the only person who can take credit for your excellent and hard won achievements is you.

I do hope that you will attain all the goals that you have set yourself for this season and manage to do so without inflicting serious injury upon yourself.

Juergen, wishing you a safe and satisfying journey in all that you do.

Jill :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

I have enjoyed temporarily looking after this thread, it has given me a great deal of pleasure but I will not be able to do so for this season.

Jill

Post by Jill »

Jill wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:39 am I have enjoyed temporarily looking after this thread, it has given me a great deal of pleasure but I will not be able to do so for this season.
I wrote the above after I had injured my knee and it looked likely that I would have to hang up my virtual oars and part company with you all. Since then though, I have managed to get back to some slow but regular rowing and I’m feeling much more mentally positive about the situation. With that In mind, I would be quite happy, ( especially as no one else has volunteered for the job ) to carry on looking after this thread.

I will not have time over the next few days but will do some catching up with it all next week.

jhaveman
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by jhaveman »

Jill, it's good to see that you're back to regular rowing this month :)
I hope you manage to keep going, and I'm looking forward to your messages on this thread! It will be a while though before I get to a million for this season :wink:
Jill

Post by Jill »

Thank you Jan. :)

At school, although I enjoyed playing and taking part in various sports, indoor rowing will always be my favourite. I hope too that I can keep going and not waste precious opportunities. After all, who knows how much longer I have before Old Nick comes to claim me … 😈 :fsbgrin: :fswink:

This thread might go a bit wobbly at times as I’m running out of rhymes. :roll: :lol: :wink:

Jan, when I have cleaned the dead flies and midges from the crosshairs, I’ll have you, Sheena and a few others, in my sights. Hold that thought as it might encourage you to keep well ahead and out of range. :fsbgrin: :fswink:
Jill

Post by Jill »

Will Dwayne … still reign … supreme … as Master of The Meterboard? He has certainly made a great start by being our first Free Spirit to reach Two Million Metres for the season.

Dwayne - =D> ^O^ x 2,000,000 💸💸

Can Colin Brinkman, at number two … overtake ... :-$ ... you know who, after achieving One Million Metres for the season.

Colin - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

On Colin’s heels, at number three … is Guy Blackburn a challenge … let’s see … as he reaches One Million Metres for the season.

Guy - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

Young Mr Ian … has been ‘ a flee - an ‘ … up the Meterboard, in order to become our fourth Free Spirit to reach One Million Metres for the season.

Ian - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

With so many millions ( 75,402,711 ) under his belt … I felt … that David Schneider ( 73 ) deserved an extra special mention =D> 8) for being our fifth Free Spirit to reach One Million Metres for the season.

David - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

Graham Storer is at number six … and … if he sticks … to his rowing routine … in no time at all, his One Million Metres for the season will become two.

Graham - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

If you look … you will find … that Paola … is not far behind, as he reaches One Million Metres for the season.

Paola - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

Once again, such outstanding effort gentlemen and thank you for helping to rapidly propel the club into second position on The Team Affiliation Standings. :D =D> 8)

Also, many thanks to the rest of our members for your precious metres and precious contributions to The Team Affiliation Standings and although they do not appear on the Meterboard, this will include BikeErg and SkiErg metres too. :D =D> 8)

In case you are wondering as to what has happened to the T-shirts … as a fickle, fashion female, I decided that they were so ‘ last season ‘. :lol: :wink:

Instead, I thought that you might appreciate some ‘ spends ‘ … Word of caution though … This money has wings and if it senses that you are about to fritter it away on an unsuitable purchase … :shock: [-X It takes flight. :fsbgrin: :fswink:
Jill

Post by Jill »

For Ilse Van Oyen ... not long to wait … as up five places ... to number eight ... she becomes our first lady to reach One Million Metres for the season.

Ilse - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 🎁💐

Congratulations Ilse, that's an excellent start. :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Holding his position at number nine … Colin Kelly … crosses the line … to be awarded with his first Million Metres for the season.

Colin - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

Great going young man. :) 8) 👍
Jill

Post by Jill »

For Colin Brinkman … no lallygagging … because … he’s been too busy bagging … another million metres, which brings his total to Two Million for the season.

Colin - =D> ^O^ x 2,000,000 💸💸

Sterling effort Colin. :) 8) 👍

Dwayne loves putting the erg through its paces … as he still races … ahead of you all ( come on, keep up you slackers :fsbgrin: :fswink: ) to reach Three Million Metres for the season.

Dwayne - =D> ^O^ x 3,000,000 💸💸💸

That’s a fantastically fast million. :) 8) 👍

Another well deserved thank you to everyone for your contributions to The Team Affiliation Standings and to those of you who represent us in the CTC; an extra special thank you to our ladies ( I know, more blatant favouritism :fsbgrin: :fswink: ). =D> 8) ^O^

Extra special congratulations to those of you who have braved any or all of the various distance challenges or achieved PBs or SBs. =D> 8) 👍

After completing the 50,000 metre challenge, Tako is claiming partial insanity, which goes to prove a certain theory ... that you don't have to be mad to be an indoor rower ... but it does help. :lol: :wink:
Sandbaggerone
Spends too much time in the forum
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by Sandbaggerone »

Thanks, Jill!

Cheers,
Colin B.
Tempus rerum imperator.
Male, 37, 5'10.5", 160lbs.
Jill

Post by Jill »

Whether Guy takes the High ‘ Rowed ‘ … or Guy takes the Low ‘ Rowed ‘ … he has still rowed a load … more metres than most of us, after reaching Two Million Metres for the season.

Guy - =D> ^O^ x 2,000,000 💸💸

Great going Guy. :) 8) 👍

Sailing under the flag of The Dancing Dog … Karl Meyer has been able to log … his First Million Metres for the season.

Karl - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

Excellent seamanship Karl. :) 8) 👍

Next up, an experienced hand … and … a newcomer … whose great rowing ,,, throughout the summer … has resulted in Morten Haugseng and Vidar Garmannslund both achieving One Million Metres for the season.

Morten - :) ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

Vidar - :) =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

Keep keeping fit with Free Spirits. :) 8) 👍
Jill

Post by Jill »

Way up ... at number thirteen ... you will have seen ... that Joi Bear ( look out Morten and Vidar :fsbgrin: :fswink: ) is our second, accomplished young lady to have reached One Million Metres for the season.

Joi - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 🎁💐

As usual Joi, some first class rowing. :) 8) 👍
Jill

Post by Jill »

Young Tostevin - Hall ... from the Channel Isles … has rowed six hundred and twenty one miles … In order to reach his First Million Metres for the season.

Chris - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

Congratulations Chris, judging by your consistency and meterage over the last four months, you could be hitting your second million by Christmas. :) 8) 👍
Jill

Post by Jill »

Great to see that Rob Brittin ... is still ‘ smittin ‘ … with the rowing bug,👍 as he glides smoothly over the virtual water, to reach One Million Metres for the season.

Rob - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

Some nifty, nautical navigating there Rob. :) =D> 8)
Jill

Post by Jill »

How did Michael Smyth … contrive … to sneak under my radar :?: … because … at number fifteen … he slipped unseen ( by me #-o :oops: ) to his First Million Metres for the season.

Michael - =D> ^O^ x 1,000,000 💸

Well done there Michael. Onwards and upwards.👍 :) =D> 8)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Way out in the southwest … Dwayne has again … rowed more than his best … to keep well ahead of the rest … of his fellow Free Spirits as he reaches Four Million Metres for the season.

Dwayne - =D> ^O^ x 4,000,000 💸💸💸💸

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Wayne, that’s another fantabulous fast million added to the Team Affiliation Standings, plus, another million dollars to put into your money box. 8) =D> 👍 :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Up two places … with a ginormous jump … Attila’s sizeable clump … of metres … brings him to his First Million for the season.

Attila - ^O^ =D> x 1,000,000 💸

Many congratulations to you. Keep focused, keep fit, especially if you still have your dogs ( Hungarian vizslas? ) to keep you company. 8) =D> :) 👍
Jill

Post by Jill »

At number one in the Fall Team event … is Colin Brinkman … intent … on staying there … after reaching Three Million Metres for the season.

Colin - =D> ^O^ x 3,000,000 💸💸💸

Much kudos young man for all your efforts and thank you for your generous contributions to the Fall Team Challenge. =D> ^O^ 8) 💪👍
Jill

Post by Jill »

It wouldn’t take long … I had reckoned ... for someone 🐝 … to soon reach their second … Million Metres For The Season.

Ian - =D> ^O^ x 2,000,000 💸💸

Sterling stuff - it must take a lot of first-rate effort to stay so high up on the Meterboard. 8) =D> ^O^ 👍 :)