Rowpro training plan

A forum for discussing training programmes, indoor racing, things that work for you, coaching etc.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Ian Bee
Dedicated and True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Rowpro training plan

Post by Ian Bee »

After an enforced rest, I'm going to go for a little change from the concept 2 plan to a rowpro plan (aiming at longer distances, which I "prefer").

In a inauspicious first step, I found myself fibbing to rowpro in order to get access to the slightly more intense work outs - I'd rather not drop weekly metres severely.

Rowpro insists that the plan should start on a Monday, so I'm all set for that and will see if the overall improvements are comparable to the concept 2 plan. If I'm being entirely honest, the intense work outs (both low rate ut1 and AR and above) on the c2 plan caused me concerns and might have been an issue with my back. We'll see....

Anyway, thoughts welcome whether you've done this before or have hints in general.

Last edited by Ian Bee on Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Bee

Re: Rowpro training plan

Post by Ian Bee »

Three days in on the plan, and three "technique" rows logged.

I settled on half marathon pace for these, and sought to hold 20spm. Yesterday this proved ideal and straightforward, while today and Monday's traces were a little more lively. In any event, its a controlled way back into my daily rows.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

MaxMacLaren1
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020

Post by MaxMacLaren1 »

Ian, It will be interesting to hear how you get on. Good luck!
Max

Male, 53yrs, 83kg, 181cm
Ian Bee

Post by Ian Bee »

I'm plugging away through the initial "technical" pace rows, interspersed with the odd longer piece.

Today's 5km was quite peaceful to be honest. The pace and distances remain a good way back to full pace/fitness.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk