Millionaires club-Season

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Swinny
Warming up
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Re: Millionaires club-Season

Post by Swinny »

Thanks Jill, yes 8 left, I was trying to get them all done buy this Sunday, but did to much and aggravated my back problem on Wednesday, so I'm sidelined for a sec, but I will definitely finish it.
Jill
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Post by Jill »

Hi Swinny, I am sorry that your back is giving you problems again and hope that it is only a temporary setback. Be sensible though, ( I'm sure you will :) ) and don't take any risks with ' Dear Old Mr Back '. At the moment he's the only one we all have and he needs plenty of TLC. Steady as you go. :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

This should be sung to the tune of the Snowman - chaps, I’ll leave it up to yourselves, to find the most painless way :cry: ... to hit the high notes. :shock: :fsbgrin: :fswink:

When erging on the erg … Be it fast or be it slow … You might meet a special snowman⛄️ … Even if there is no snow … and that special Free Spirits’ Snowman has helped Jan Haveman to reach One Million Metres for the season.🍩

Jan - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕🍩

Thank you Jan, for the hundreds of metres that you have contributed towards the Team Affiliation Standings. :) =D> ^O^ 🍩

After checking back to the Mud Season Challenge, make sure that you keep up your vroom, vroom energy levels, by eating plenty of doughnuts and peanut butter.👍 8) 🍩🥜 :fsbgrin: :fswink:
jhaveman

Post by jhaveman »

Thanks Jill, what can I say ... that write up was worth every meter rowed :fsbgrin:

Also thanks for reminding me of what I've been doing wrong in the last few months: no doughnuts #-o :shock:
I had been wondering why it was getting harder to keep a decent pace for longer rows. Now I know what to do for this month's CTC :-D
Jill

Post by Jill »

Here is young Christopher Lloyd … who has enjoyed … being employed ( I hope :fsbgrin: :fswink: ) … on the erg … and … rowing so well that he has now reached One Million Metres for the season.

Christopher - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Thank you so much for the vast quantity of metres that you have contributed towards the Team Affiliation Standings. ^O^ =D>

Great going Christopher and for landing exactly on 1,000,000m you have been awarded a chocolate🥇. Being virtual of course, it will not contain any calories. :) 👍 8)

In Alexandria, VA … Colin Brinkman’s been erging away … and away … and away … in order to reach One Million Metres for the season.

Colin - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Many, many thanks Colin for the considerable amount of metres that you have contributed towards the Team Affiliation Standings. ^O^ =D>

Keep showing that rowing can help keep you fit. :) 👍 8)
Sandbaggerone
Spends too much time in the forum

Post by Sandbaggerone »

Thanks, Jill!

Cheers,
Colin
Tempus rerum imperator.
Male, 37, 5'10.5", 160lbs.
Jill

Post by Jill »

Next up, a fine youth from Southport … whose excellence at this tough sport💪 … has resulted in Stephen Davies reaching One Million Metres for the season.

Stephen - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Thank you for the fantabulous amount of metres that you have contributed towards the Team Affiliation Standings. ^O^ =D>

Well done Stephen - please keep those metres coming. :) 👍 8)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Ding dong merrily on high … just listen to the cheering … because Gold Medal winner, Guy … has once again been steering … a strong and steady course in order to reach Two Million Metres for the season.

Guy - =D> :D x 2,000,000 👕👕

Good luck with all your future training plans. :) 👍 8)
Jill

Post by Jill »

For those of you who sometimes find the Brits' pronunciation of place names a little puzzling ... the ' w ' in Chiswick is silent. :fsbgrin: :fswink:

Christopher Bollen from Chiswick … has been constant … has been quick … to reach One Million Metres for the season.

Christopher - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Thank you for the mighty amount of metres that you have contributed towards the Team Affiliation Standings. ^O^ =D>

Christopher, as a founding member of Free Spirits and for landing exactly on 1,000,000 metres, you have been awarded a Long Service Medal.🏅👍 8) As it’s virtual, you will never need to polish it. :fsgrin: :fswink:

And now, from the lovely south-west … Martin Saxton … who’s erged at his best … in order to reach One Million Metres for the season.

Martin - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

A round of applause to thank you for the admirable amount of metres that you have contributed towards the Team Affiliation Standings. =D> ^O^

Martin, I hope that you will continue to stay in good health - hale and hearty does it. :) 👍 8)
Jill

Post by Jill »

Hark the Herald Angels sing … Hurrah for Mr Bee … Again, so busy on the wing … He’s reached his Million Three!

Ian - :D =D> x 3,000,000 👕👕👕

Stellar performance and congratulations on all your other star achievements. :) 👍 8) 🐝

Welcome to Rob Keal from Notts … who has joined us … with lots ... of lovely metres.

Rob - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Thank you for your many metres - they are a most welcome boost to the Team Affiliation Standings. ^O^ =D>

Best wishes Rob and I hope that you will have an enjoyable time as a member of Free Spirits. :) 👍 8)
Ian Bee
Dedicated and True Free Spirit

Post by Ian Bee »

Thank you Jill 😊
Jill

Post by Jill »

Good King Wenceslas looked out … And said, “ My word it’s Sheena … Of one thing there is no doubt … This girl could not be keener “ … to become our next fit and fabulous young lady to reach One Million Metres for the season.

Sheena - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕💐

Great going and a very well deserved thank you, for all the minutes that you have spent on the erg, amassing all the metres that you have contributed towards the Team Affiliation Standings. ^O^ =D>

Jan and Sheena … you thought 200,000m was out of reach … but now you have two snowmen each.⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️👍 8) :)
Sheena
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2018
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2018

Post by Sheena »

Thanks Jill, time for a few days off to enjoy lots of food and drink over Christmas 🍩🍷🍾

Congrats on reaching the 200K too and it won't be long before you hit the million for the season :fsbgrin:
Jill

Post by Jill »

Back to it :fsbgrin: … and who is this I see … Why … it’s none other than Claudius B :) … who has reached One Million Metres for the season.

Claudius - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Much applause for Free Spirit, Paolo … who’s always erged fast … and not slow … in order to reach Three Million Metres for the season.

Paolo - :D =D> x 3,000,000 👕👕👕

Next up, from the Rogaland region … that inspiring and fit, young Norwegian … Morten Haugseng … whose athletic abilities have help him reach Three Million Metres for the season.

Morten - :D =D> x 3,000,000 👕👕👕

And here is Crazy Bear, Juergen🐻 … who has been ‘ ergen ‘ … his socks off, ( and possibly other items of his sport’s attire :shock: :lol: :wink: ) in order to reach Four Million Metres for the season.

Juergen - :D =D> x 4,000,000 👕👕👕👕🧢

Thank you again gentlemen for your terrific contributions towards The Team Affiliation Standings. :D ^O^ ^O^ ^O^ ^O^ =D> =D> =D> =D>

Juergen and Swinny, congratulations on completing the CBC - Swinny, at 27 rowed, I’m sure you can be an Honorary Bear.🐻 =D> ^O^ 8) As to whether it was wise or reckless … I think that you have both answered that one. :fsbgrin: :fswink: I do hope that you haven’t done any long term or permanent damage to your backs.😬

Row safely. 8) 👍
Juergie
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)

Post by Juergie »

Big hug for you, Jill, for all the joy you bring to this forum.
Jill

Post by Jill »

Thank you Juergen - I am rather partial to big ( bear ) hugs. :)

I have said before how much I owe Free Spirits for helping me change my life around and as I am never going to be able to produce fast times for any of the competitions, then hopefully, this is my way of putting something back.

With hard work and I hope, fun … j b has reached One … Million Metres for the season.

j b - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

And now we have Gregory Smith … who with … plenty of excellent erging, has also reached One Million Metres for the season.

Greg - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Great going both of you and tremendous thanks for the marvellous amount of metres that you have contributed towards the Team Affiliation Standings. ^O^ ^O^ =D> =D>👍 8)

Wishing you all a Happy and Active New Year. :)
plummy
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by plummy »

A certain young lady appears to have landed on 1,000,000 for the seasons and as she is the shy, retiring type she's not going to be shouting her own name from the treetops - so from all of us who appreciate your efforts on this thread - THANK YOU..
ScreenHunter_43 Mar. 14 10.29.jpg
ScreenHunter_43 Mar. 14 10.29.jpg (12.53 KiB) Viewed 3479 times
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
Jill

Post by Jill »

Thank you Plummy and Sheena and Colin too. :)

I’m not sure as to whether “ shy, and retiring “ was said with tongue in cheek … but I am. Crippling shyness is a horrible thing and over time you have to learn how to deal with it. Forum Jill has played her part, although there are times when I think she needs reining in a little. :fsbgrin: :fswink:

Pink flamingo? Obviously a hint. :fsbgrin: :fswink:

Good luck and well done to everyone who has been able to take part in the January Challenges so far. Mucho metres for the Team Affiliation Standings. =D> 👍 8)

Erg sensibly. :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

I thought I saw young Peter Weiß ‘ akweeping ‘ up on me … I did … ‘ cos ‘ I am 42 and he is 43 ... after coming in off the water and racing up the Meterboard to reach One Million Metres for the season.

Peter - :D =D> 1,000,000 x 👕

Thank you Peter for all the generous and much valued metres that you have contributed towards the Team Affiliation Standings. :D ^O^ =D> 👍 8)

Please try not to break the speed limit, as you overtake me on the way to your next million. :fsbgrin: :fswink:

I think it’s only fair … to say that Joi Bear … deserves a huge round of applause for becoming the first of our knockout young ladies to reach Five Million Metres for the season.

Joi - :D =D> x 5,000,000 👕👕👕👕👕💐💐💐💐💐

Much admiration for all your wonderful efforts and technically, you certainly reached your next million before I reached my first. :) 👍 8)
Grobi
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2019
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2019

Post by Grobi »

Thanky you Jill and I can assure you that I will stay well within the speed limit :fswink:
Athletes row, others just play games

Peter

55y, 1,89m, 85kg

Jill

Post by Jill »

From south west Virginia, Tim Masick … who using the ‘ Ergo Fantastick ‘ has reached One Million Metres for the season.

Tim - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Thank you for the mighty amount of metres that you have contributed towards the Team Affiliation Standings. =D> ^O^

Tim, I see from your profile that you have been with Concept2 since November 2001. I wish you many more years of successful erging. :) 8) 👍
Jill

Post by Jill »

Wow! I have come back … to find a stack … of Free Spirits who have either reached their first or next million. :D

Dwayne - :D =D> x 7,000,000 👕👕👕👕👕👕👕

David Schneider - :D =D> x 4,000,000 👕👕👕👕

Graham Storer - :D =D> x 4,000,000 👕👕👕👕

Karl Meyer - :D =D> x 3,000,000 👕👕👕

Massimiliano de Rosa - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Darren Baldwin - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Eric Anderson - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Bob Lesch - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Thank you everyone for all your energetic erging, which has resulted in gazillions of metres for the Team Affiliation Standings. First Class!👍 💪 =D> ^O^ 8)

I am glad to see that Dwayne now has his full set of T-shirts - I shall have to buy in some more virtual fabric because he is bound to need some spares. :fsbgrin: :fswink:

Safe and sensible erging. :)
Jill

Post by Jill »

For Rupert Ross-Macdonald … Three cheers … as he clears … his First Million Metres for the season.

Rupert - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Our thanks to you Rupert, for the bumper amount of metres that you have contributed towards the Team Affiliation Standings. =D> ^O^ 8)

Thank you also for taking part in the January Challenge - your metres are much appreciated.👍 =D> 8)
Jill

Post by Jill »

It seems that in no time at all … Christopher Hall … has reached his first Million Metres for the season.

Chris - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Thank you for all the many metres that you have contributed towards the Team Affiliation Standings. ^O^ =D> 8)

Chris, apologies but my wayward computer refuses to print your correct surname - after several attempts, it still insists on calling you Tastevin-Hall. Therefore, I would like to think that you may have celebrated your achievement by having a glass or two of something vintage.🍾👍

Next up we have young Felton … whose efforts have see him ‘ belton’ ‘ … up the Meterboard at a fair old speed, in order to reach his first Million Metres for the Season.

Felton - :D ^O^ x 1,000,000 👕

We do appreciate the multitude of metres that you have contributed towards the Team Affiliation Standings. ^O^ =D> 8) 👍

And for landing exactly on 1,000,000 metres … some well deserved, liquid refreshment.🍺🍺🍺
Jill

Post by Jill »

I am using my virtual loudhailer📣 … to announce that young Mr Taylor … has reached One Million Metres for the season.

Trevor - :D =D> x 1,000,000 👕

Thank you for the great number of metres that you have contributed towards the Team Affiliation Standings and the January Challenge. =D> ^O^ 8)

Trevor, I hope that during the winter months, you will continue to keep fit, as you enjoy your ‘ East Sussex Erging ‘ . :) 8) 👍