Erg cover

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Ian Bee
Dedicated and True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Erg cover

Post by Ian Bee »

Hi all,

Following a house move, my workout location is shifting to the garage. It's reasonably weather proof, but I'm musing on merits of a cover. Clearly Concept 2 sell the bespoke/obvious option for £50, but has anyone tried or can recommend any other options?

Thanks in advance!

Ian
Wolfmiester
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020

Re: Erg cover

Post by Wolfmiester »

hi Ian,
my only comment is that Ergs have been known to be stored outside, and still work fine.
However, I guess the £50 is not a bad investment considering the full cost of the machine...

When I was looking for a bbq cover this year, the "Webber" brand were extortionate, but I found a B&Q option (just as good in my opinion) for a fraction of the price. Just maybe their biggest one of those might fit ...?
Wolfie

Age 59 Height 6'4" Weight 93k
Ian Bee

Post by Ian Bee »

Wolfmiester wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:40 pmWhen I was looking for a bbq cover this year, the "Webber" brand were extortionate, but I found a B&Q option (just as good in my opinion) for a fraction of the price. Just maybe their biggest one of those might fit ...?

That was the direction of my thought process - motorbike covers are about half the price for larger options :-k
Jill
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Post by Jill »

Ian, our ergs ( first a model D and then replaced about 3 years ago with a Model E ) have always been kept in a frost and damp free garage which has a bedroom above.

When Richard first bought the Model D, he did buy a C2 cover but stopped using it after about a year because it had become brittle and kept splitting.

Since then, ( about 15 years now ) the erg has been left uncovered and so far, it has not resulted in any problems.

However, if you would prefer some sort of cover, Richard ( of true Yorkshire stock :fsbgrin: :fswink: ) suggests an inexpensive option would be going to B & Q and buying a painter’s/decorator’s dust sheet.

Decisions. Decisions. :fsbgrin:
Ian Bee

Post by Ian Bee »

Thanks for the thoughts.

I've found a motorbike cover of broadly the right dimensions for £10, so I'm having a punt.
Ian Bee

Post by Ian Bee »

Well, if anyone fancied a cheap option:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074HYNF24/ ... NBbYZ57DJF

Cheap and looks pretty much tailor made for a model D once it's on. At £10 delivered, can't complain.