Indoor Rowers League 2018 / 2019

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Tako
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Re: Indoor Rowers League 2018 / 2019

Post by Tako »

What about the free spirits west and east? Leaves option for at least two more teams ;-)
Or maybe North and South to indicate the battle between brothers and sisters ;-)
\:D/ 🏴‍☠️🇳🇱🇩🇪🇩🇰🇳🇴🇪🇺
plummy
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by plummy »

We could just keep it simple and have Free Spirits A and Free Spirits B (makes it easy if we ever get enough for a third team ;-) )
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
Caratacus

Post by Caratacus »

I like Tako's suggestion as it keeps the equality between the teams and doesn't suggest a fast and a slow team
Felton H
JonT

Post by JonT »

plummy wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:04 am We could just keep it simple and have Free Spirits A and Free Spirits B (makes it easy if we ever get enough for a third team ;-) )
....or we could use heroes from Greek Mythology, there are loads of them too. To be honest, let's just get the teams posted and then we can affiliate and compete. I'm on the winning team, so I really don't mind what we are called :lol:
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
paulgould
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by paulgould »

I’m with Jon on this one - who cares what the teams are called - just get 2 teams registered

Paul G
56, 1.74m , Sep '20 - 114 kg , currently - 98 kg
200m - 30.8
300m - 47.7
30r20 - 7754m
12 hr - 139300m
100 mile - 14:10.12
200km - 18:28.30
Tako

Post by Tako »

Yes, let’s get rowing. I have a new PB for the 4 min to register ;-)
Grobi
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2019

Post by Grobi »

I added two new teams to the 8on8 team list:

Free Spirits Team Guy
Free Spirits Team Philip

Let the games begin 8)
Athletes row, others just play games

Peter

55y, 1,89m, 85kg

Claudius

Post by Claudius »

I have the positive message from Phil R. He would join the IRL ! He is an excellent crossfitter...so quick on the shorter pieces!
“Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?”
(J.R.R.T.)
Ian Bee
Dedicated and True Free Spirit

Post by Ian Bee »

Had a two passes at 4 minutes this morning. No idea how to pace, and get the feeling its as per the message above - just row at the limit ☹️

1113m is logged for Team Guy.
plummy

Post by plummy »

Although I wouldn't have a clue where to start I think the whole IRL website is very unintuitive and difficult to navigate. I found the team(s) eventually and logged a score (freakily identical to Ian B's) but cannot see it anywhere...?
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
Tako

Indoor Rowers League 2018 / 2019

Post by Tako »

Agree, it is not intuitive, especially as it does not have all links on each page.

When I log in, I get each time my IRL profile info. Reachable by link to “your rower profile” in the menue on the right (that is, if that menue is visible! If you do not see the menue on the side click the “Indoor Rowers League” link in the top next to the “Home” link. Then the menue should appear.

Here all should update their profile with age, weight etc
IRC is “Free Spirits IRC” for all of us.
In the 8on8 team name select the team you have been assigned to by Peter; Free Spirits Team Guy or Free Spirits Team Philip. Click Save.
At your next log in no changes or saves needed.

The menue on the right now gives you the options to:

“Enter results” - well, enter the score for the current challenge (often first available after the 5th of the month)

“Current challenge ranking” - shows the ranking of all individuals. Here you can sort the entries by clicking the titles for each column.

“8on8 Team competition ranking” is the one that we all should follow closely. It looks like it has a hick up (maybe as teams are new today), which it sometimes has.
By clicking the magnifier glass next to the team name you get the individual scores of the team. However, one hick up is that you always see the same folks although chosing different teams.

Hope this helps all to find their way.

Team Guy has a good start by Ian,
But Team Philip takes a clear lead for now
Ian and Dave have same distance, but one is older; hence higher adaptive score

Although I was fastest so far I am too heavy and young to have a good score, as always
Grobi

Post by Grobi »

Claudius wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:51 am I have the positive message from Phil R. He would join the IRL ! He is an excellent crossfitter...so quick on the shorter pieces!
Claudius, who is Phil R.? How old, heavyweight/lightweight? And how competitive is he compared to his age and weight? Average, worse or better?

I need to know that to allocate him to a team and then maybe shift other team members to keep the teams balanced performance wise.

Everybody can enter their score (multiple times if you want), but follow this thread closely. If we have more entries it might be necessary to move members between the two teams. These moved members would then have to reassign to their new team. We have until the end of September to do that.

Peter

55y, 1,89m, 85kg

Ian Bee

Post by Ian Bee »

A dead heat on first posted distances :shock: I fear Dave and I will be playing our traditional game [-o<
plummy

Post by plummy »

I can see my name in the individual league table but for the 8on8 I'm just seeing past results - is that the same for everyone?
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
Grobi

Post by Grobi »

I seem to remember that was also the case last year. The 8on8 results were visible after the team building phase.

Peter

55y, 1,89m, 85kg

JonT

Post by JonT »

Grobi wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:26 pm
Claudius wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:51 am I have the positive message from Phil R. He would join the IRL ! He is an excellent crossfitter...so quick on the shorter pieces!
Claudius, who is Phil R.? How old, heavyweight/lightweight? And how competitive is he compared to his age and weight? Average, worse or better?

I need to know that to allocate him to a team and then maybe shift other team members to keep the teams balanced performance wise.
Peter, I wouldn't worry too much about shifting team members around. Toss a coin and put him in one of the teams based on that. Life's too short for anything else.

Hold on, I can help. I tossed the coin for you. He's in my team :lol: :^o
57 years old, 5"10', clinging on to 75kg and frustratingly but understandably inconsistent
Grobi

Post by Grobi »

JonT wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:57 pm Hold on, I can help. I tossed the coin for you. He's in my team :lol: :^o
Because you are in the winning team? :D

Peter

55y, 1,89m, 85kg

Claudius

Post by Claudius »

Grobi wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:26 pm

Sorry, i dont know his exact age, he is very young, beginning 30 ? And times...? I´ll ask him on Tuesday (my strength-training day). He is a HW, thats for sure ! Shouldnt we proceed like this: projects core team is established, and for a bit luxury we are able to fill up the 2 left spaces for each team- but the complete team numbers should be equal- so if we find one more we are 9 to 9 - Ian you mentioned also a fellow from your gym ? Is she in the mood to take part ?
Last edited by Claudius on Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?”
(J.R.R.T.)
Ian Bee

Post by Ian Bee »

She's promised to try the 4 minutes and see how she feels, though she wouldn't be available for one of the months.
JonT

Post by JonT »

First of all - many thanks Peter for setting all of this up and Tako for the helpful post on using the website. The site is really confusing and buggy. I seem to have the issue where nomatter which team I click on I always see the members of the first team I looked at. Sigh. But, shouldn't grumble given people go to the effort of maintaining it. Just shows how lucky we are to have Thomas (with support of others) keeping our website so slick.

I'll have a go at posting a distance today. Not convinced I will be able to check whether it has been recorded against the right team though. #-o

Edit: Managed 1101 just by rowing 1k pace and hanging on at the end. Turns out I set a new 1k Nonathon time too, so a few extra points to add there. I didn't really feel like a hard row today after refereeing yesterday and a morning digging gravel in the garden, so I may well be able to slightly improve. I also managed to see my score on the website.
plummy

Post by plummy »

As we are having some "friendly competition" with two teams and I can't remember (without scrolling up every time) who is in which team - I wonder if we could start every post with the team we are in (unless the post is purely relevant to both teams against the rest of the world etc)...

E.G.
Free Spirits Philip (FSP?) - Andrea (our new lady team member has just done her first 4 mins and managed 1033m) - well done Andrea, just need to get that loaded up onto the IRL to push the other team (FSG) even further down ;-) )
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
Tako

Post by Tako »

Using FSP and FSG might help, like the idea.

After watching at one team I could see the other after logging out and back in.

Here the current score that also shows who has signed up so long.

FSG

FSP
Grobi

Post by Grobi »

Claudius wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:35 am Shouldnt we proceed like this: projects core team is established, and for a bit luxury we are able to fill up the 2 left spaces for each team- but the complete team numbers should be equal
Okay, let's do it that way. We have the core teams with 8 persons each established. We wait until we have two new people interested and then decide how to assign them to the core teams.

Peter

55y, 1,89m, 85kg

MaxMacLaren1

Post by MaxMacLaren1 »

Claudius FSG, 1220m is a great result and average pace of 1:38.3! But I noticed you don't get ANY extra meters added. That is tough although as a member of FSP I should be delighted.
Max

Male, 53yrs, 83kg, 181cm
Tako

Post by Tako »

Agree with Max; it is tough to get punished for youth, but that is the fun of the IRL :-)

Talking about fun, I have to admit that I enjoy this season already more than my previous two. Great with some internal competition! Better than struggling to get the eight scores and then only being in tenth’ish spot. Now the table is far more fun to read! Especially being a FSP :-) :-) at least for now ;-)