LADIES banter/training/motivation thread ??

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Jill
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Re: LADIES banter/training/motivation thread ??

Post by Jill »

:fssmile: Ahh ... Zoot dear boy, you are a very welcome convert. :fsbgrin:

:-({|= Yes Zoot, and without giving the plot away ... You are not alone ... :-D

:fssmile: :-$ Shhh ...
Jill

Post by Jill »

:-({|= Did you finally manage to track Jill down Mb?

:fssmile: I certainly did - had an anonymous tip - off that she was on the Mud Madness thread, doing her Silly Jilly act, so I rushed over and confronted her.

:-({|= Excellent Mb, something had to be done, otherwise, this whole sorry saga was in danger of becoming a joke! :wink:

:fssmile: Absolutely! I’m also fed up with Jill making us … the … the … goatscapers for her literary laziness!

:-({|= I agree, although I would question the use of the word ‘ literary ‘… and it’s scapegoats - being a goatscaper is probably illegal … in this country anyway. :shock: :wink:

:fssmile: Ahem ... [-X

:-({|= Sorry Mb. :oops:

Now that we’ve caught up with our elusive story - teller, what do you intend to do? Do you have a plan?

:fssmile: Oh yes, a very fitting plan and the fact that it was Jill who unwittingly gave it to me, makes it even more so. :fsbgrin:

:-({|= Mb, If I’m not mistaken, you’re looking rather pleased with yourself ...

:fssmile: I am my young friend - when I was reading Jill the ‘ riot act ‘, I happened to notice a screenshot on her computer desktop, that showed she’d reached 8,000,000 metres exactly, on the 17th January 2017!

:-({|= And …

:fssmile: I happen to know that on the Star Chart, there are only seven pink flamingos against Jill’s name.

:-({|= Ah … ’ The penny has dropped ‘ - due to the shortcomings of our erratic scribbler, she has been far too embarrassed to ask Plummy for flamingo number eight. :lol: :wink:

:fssmile: Exactly. As soon as I saw that screenshot, I understood it’s significance. At first, Jill denied everything but she finally and reluctantly confessed, when I told her about my marvellous idea that would solve all her problems.

:-({|= The plan.

:fssmile: Yes, the plan, although by the time I’d finished explaining it to Jill, she didn’t think it was a marvellous idea at all. :fsbgrin:

You see, Jill thought that I was going to intercede on her behalf and talk to Plummy.

Wrong! I then told her in no uncertain terms, that if she wanted to claim flamingo number eight, then Episode 23 of The Pink Star Heist must be completed first, along with any subsequent episodes.

:-({|= Mb that’s brilliant! A stroke of genius! =D> :D ^O^

:fssmile: Thank you. Yes, I thought so as well. :fsbgrin:

:-({|= Mb, I’ve had a niggling thought; despite the ingenuity of your plan, what’s to prevent Jill from trying to wheedle or sweet talk Plummy into awarding her flamingo number eight?

:fssmile: Plummy himself of course. He’s as fed up with the situation as we are - Jill will get no joy there. [-(

And to back up my claim, I must tell you, that last week, I had Plummy on the couch.

:-({|= :shock: :shock:

:fssmile: What?

:-({|= Are you saying that you had to give Plummy some counselling?

:fssmile: Yes. Isn’t that what I said? :?

:-({|= Not quite Mb … at least I have it on good authority, that the Forum Police never read this thread. [-o< :wink:

:fssmile: Anyway, it’s safe to say that Plummy was not in a good mood.

:-({|= How cross was he?

:fssmile: Think, Growly Bear.

:-({|= Oh dear. That cross.

:fssmile: Yes, all his sentences began with the words, “ And another thing! “ I must admit that I did doze off at one point and when I woke up, I’m sure that Plummy was muttering something or other about being left with a chap called Cliff Hanger?

:-({|= :roll:

:fssmile: What?

:-({|= Never mind.

:fssmile: So don’t worry my young friend, we can definitely rely on Plummy not to let us down. :fsbgrin:

:-({|= But Mb, what if Jill manages to sneak past Plummy and after rummaging about in his Magic Box of Tricks, help herself to some pink flamingoes?

:fssmile: That would be impossible because Jill knows that if she attempted anything like that, I would block her, using my mind control powers.

:-({|= That’s a relief - I must admit that your mind control abilities are still something of a mystery to me and I would love to acquire more knowledge about them.

:fssmile: If Jill can motivate herself enough, then you shall - after all, we both know how much she wants flamingo number eight.

Now, while we are waiting for Dotty L. Sayers to ‘ get a grip ‘ and ‘ pull her socks up ‘ let’s do a spot of spring cleaning. Just look at the dust in here - you can write your name in it. :fsbgrin: :fswink:
Carole S
Rower and forum addict...
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by Carole S »

Been re reading some of these amusing and interesting threads and wondering who of the ladies and honorary ladies are still here after all this time, didnt we have a lot of fun and inspiration here, Im glad I came back after 10 years away
Happy New Year to you all xx
:fsbgrin: :fsgrin: :P
:fsbgrin:
25 million lifetime meters :fsgrin:
commodoreann
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
I row on...: Model D with PM4

Post by commodoreann »

Happy New Year to you and all.
I am still here and attempt at times to get motivated.

Wow, I have been a member of Free Spirits for 15 years. 8)

I will try to row tomorrow!

Ann :fsbgrin:
I am not getting older, just better. (not bad for a 74 year young lady)
CRASH B silver medal 65-69 lwt 2016
33 million lifetime meters plus and counting......(05/12/20)
5 million season 4/07/11
actually 5.301,526 4/30/11
#44 on the C2 board
Jill

Post by Jill »

Carole S wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:50 pm Been re reading some of these amusing and interesting threads and wondering who of the ladies and honorary ladies are still here after all this time, didnt we have a lot of fun and inspiration here, Im glad I came back after 10 years away
Happy New Year to you all xx
Gosh Carole, you must have clicked back a few pages to find this thread again?

Come March, I will have been a member of Free Spirits for eight years and for me that's a great achievement.

My mojo ( or perhaps the female equivalent is go-girl ) has thankfully come out of hiding and Darth Vadar and moi are now an item again.💕💕

A Very Happy and Hopefully Healthy New Year to everyone.xxxx
Jill

Post by Jill »

Ode to Carole =D> ^O^

There was a young lady named Carole
Who said ... a stubbed toe 'aint a barrel ...
of fun ... when you're rowing
But I will keep going
So on with my erging apparel :fsbgrin: :fswink:
Carole S

Post by Carole S »

Jill that is just so brilliant..thank you so much I'm smiling whilst erging xx
Jill

Post by Jill »

Thank you Carole - I have not felt inspired to attempt any rhyming for some time now, so I am pleased that my first ( sort of comeback ) effort made you smile. :D

I did write a version that included the Irish actor, Colin Farrell but as it featured you taking off your apparel instead of putting in on, the rhyme may not have met with the moderators' approval. :lol: :wink:

I do hope that your toe is now showing signs of improvement and much respect to you for taking part in the Long Haul Challenge. xx ^O^ =D>
Carole S

Post by Carole S »

My meter munching recently has now led to a dodgy back which today says I need to just look at the erg NOT get on it :( [-X #-o
Jill

Post by Jill »

Carole S wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:44 am My meter munching recently has now led to a dodgy back which today says I need to just look at the erg NOT get on it
Hello there Carole, I am sorry to read about your back - is it muscle strain or a disc problem?

I have noticed that you very rarely have a rest day, the last one being January 15th and before that, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and then three days at the end of October.

Carole, I’m not sure if there is any point in trying to reason with a self-confessed metre muncher :fsbgrin: :fswink: … but perhaps you should try easing up occasionally ...

I trust that you will be sensible and rest your back for as long as is necessary and I hope that you are applying or taking a suitable treatment that is helping to ease the discomfort.

Look after yourself.

Best wishes

Jill xxxx
Carole S

Post by Carole S »

Thank you Jill
Its a muscle which I think was weakened by a little cold and cough I prob caught from my youngest granddaughter aged 3 whos just been staying for half term with her sister
Fun having the little ones around for a few days

My metre munching had been helping keep both my weight and emotional state in control since losing my Mum, poddling along listening to podcasts or letting the mind wander to happier places, but I take yr point and my GP says the same thing abt overdoing it
Next season Im going to try a different tack but Ill still be here
Thanks dear friend
Carole S

Post by Carole S »

Celebrating International Womens Day
Concept have a special challenge today which I hope you will join me in
Jill

Post by Jill »

Hello there Carole and many apologies for my tardiness in not replying to you sooner, only some days I am extremely organised and some days I am not. :roll: :fsbgrin:

If you were fortunate enough to have had a long and loving relationship with your mum, all the happy and funny memories should act as an emotional balm and over time, help to soothe away some of the sadness.

Finding the right words to say when someone has been bereaved is not something that I find an easy thing to do. I think I’m more of a listener so if you want to write about your mum, then go ahead.

I am hesitant to comment about your comfort eating, as how can I suggest that you need to tackle the source …

I do hope that next season, as planned, you will be able to incorporate more walking and a little less rowing.

For Christmas, my son bought me 16 half hour sessions with his girlfriend’s on line Personal Trainer. Eeek.😱

I was rather anxious about it all but am actually enjoying myself and to start with, had two sessions each week; the first for upper body and the second as floor exercises.

I now have a weekly1 hour session with the PT and then in between, follow an on-line program that she has devised for me.

It does cut into my time more and I need to work out a better schedule so that I’m still able to fit in rowing.

Well done on all your rowing efforts at the moment - it looks as if you are on track to complete the Mud Madness Challenge.

I haven’t had much opportunity to row of late but should be back on track sometime next week.

We are off to the Lakes for a few days.

Best Wishes

Jill xxxx
Carole S

Post by Carole S »

Thank you dear Jill for yr support and wise words x

Happy Mothers Day to all of us in Uk xx
Carole S

Post by Carole S »

Dropping my meterage due to various reasons and will be having a nice total break as off to Cornwall on Sat on big family holiday thats 3rd time lucky being previously cancelled by the dreaded virus
X
Jill

Post by Jill »

Carole S wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:31 am Dropping my meterage due to various reasons and will be having a nice total break as off to Cornwall on Sat on big family holiday thats 3rd time lucky being previously cancelled by the dreaded virus
X
Good morning Carole.

I am pleased to read that you are going to have a break and I hope that you will take the opportunity to recharge your batteries and enjoy some West Country ozone.

I also hope that if anyone else is feeling somewhat jaded at the moment, then they too will benefit from some TLC.

Take care everyone and look after your immune systems. xxxx
Carole S

Post by Carole S »

Attachments
IMG-20220409-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20220409-WA0013.jpg (155.33 KiB) Viewed 2311 times
Jill

Post by Jill »

Good afternoon Carole.

I trust that you had an enjoyable break and are now feeling refreshed and revitalised?

What a gorgeous photo - are the people related to you?

We were at the Harrogate Spring Flower Show last Thursday and had the great pleasure of seeing red kites of the feathered variety. You can’t mistake them, with their white, wing flashes and their forked tails.

I have never seen any pairs as far down as South Yorkshire and it’s only when we drive through the Weatherby, Harrogate area that we start to see them.

Before visiting the show, we told ourselves that we must not go overboard with the plant buying, as we are supposed to be slowly turning our garden from a high, to a low maintenance one … That didn’t last very long. Like two kids in a sweetshop. We need to join Plants Anonymous. :lol:

This morning, a trip to our local garden centre, apparently, to purchase some bark chippings. I blame Richard for what happened next, when he said, “ As we’re here, lets’s have a look at the shrubs … “ Moths to the flame, although I did my best to distract him with my artistic, Flower Pot Men impression.🤪

Flob a dob.xx
Carole S

Post by Carole S »

Oh lol, Ive gardened all my life and was trained in garden design in my 40s before I switched course into womens and family history, our garden has had many changes, last year the small lawn went and the gravel appeared but there are lovely flowery borders round the edges and many birds, including the red kites that fly over every day. They were reintroduced a few years ago nearby (Oxfordshire) and last year some villagers were feeding them as covid work at home rules meant less roadkill and lack of their food, we then ended up with so many of them that our local RAF station (helicopters) issued a plea to stop the feeding as the large numbers became a danger
Yes Cornwall was lovely and the photo is one of my daughterinlaws and my 4 grandchildren
:D
Jill

Post by Jill »

Carole, A Very Happy Birthday To You.xxxx \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ 🎁🎂🍾💐

I do hope that you will have a great day spent with family and friends. :)

When I was a contributor to the Weight Loss Thread, I used to call myself Miss Goody ( Bloody ) Two Shoes, until someone( and not before time ) locked up my alter ego. :lol:

Word has it that Miss GBTS is on the loose again ... in which case, go easy on the birthday cake and alcoholic refreshment. :fsbgrin: :fswink:
Carole S

Post by Carole S »

Thanks so much Jill, I had some surprise family visitors so Ive seen all my family today which has been lovely
Yes there was cake xx
Carole S

Post by Carole S »

Half marathon today in honour of my late Mum
Improved on last years effort of 3:10:26.6
Today did 2.52.23.3
Interesting to note that a 30lb weightgain over the year from comfort eating results in an 18 min time improvement

She would be proud
paulgould
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit

Post by paulgould »

Carole S wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:51 am Half marathon today in honour of my late Mum
Improved on last years effort of 3:10:26.6
Today did 2.52.23.3
Interesting to note that a 30lb weightgain over the year from comfort eating results in an 18 min time improvement

She would be proud
She definitely would be proud - well done👍👍
56, 1.74m , Sep '20 - 114 kg , currently - 98 kg
200m - 30.8
300m - 47.7
30r20 - 7754m
12 hr - 139300m
100 mile - 14:10.12
200km - 18:28.30
Carole S

Post by Carole S »

Thanks so much Paul
Jill

Post by Jill »

Carole, that’s an excellent achievement and I hope that thinking about your mum and knowing what she would have said, continues to inspire you.👍 ^O^ =D> =D> =D>

Did you study the pacing of your previous HM and then using that, decide on a pacing plan for this one?

I couldn’t help noticing when I came in here, many muddy footprints trodden into the carpet and I can only assume that they were made by Paul G’s walking boots. [-X In order to avoid this happening again, could I ask all you gentlemen to please remove your footwear before entering these premises. :D Also, please check that you do not have cake, biscuits or crisp crumbs down the front of your shirts or jumpers as they are an absolute bugger to hoover up. Your co-operation would be greatly appreciated. :D

Carole, I have always thought of myself as a woman: I appear to have all the correct lady bits, I have had a baby and I own many pairs of shoes, far too many handbags and countless earrings. Also, after double checking, I most certainly am not ( and I put this as delicately as possible) ‘ packing a pistol ‘. :fsbgrin: :fswink:

However, in spite of my female fancies, it is now time that you and I ‘ woke ‘ up and altered the title of this thread, as apparently, we are not ladies, we are not women, we are … ciswomen. :shock: :lol:

Over and out. :fsbgrin: