Cultural Differences

Tired of talking about rowing and want to talk about the real world? Enter a forum where rowing is a rude word...

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

CamiCrew
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Re: Cultural Differences

Post by CamiCrew »

:lol: :lol: Crying :lol: :lol: Thanks Jill

Today I was stuck in a large room with about 200 new friends, all of us potential jurors awaiting our fate. I began reading this story on my phone surrounded tightly by people, and at the first chuckle-out-loud, decided I'd better stop.

Good call. I finished the story tonight at home and cried laughing while reading it to Jack. (The look on his face :shock: when I start a giggle-fit only makes me laugh harder.)

Anyway, I just have to know. Did you name them Mick and Nick, because they were... sticks? :lol:

Sheena yes on the overcoat. I'm now assigned to more serious proceedings for the week, so I'll need the comic relief.
-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"
Jill
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Re: Cultural Differences

Post by Jill »

Sheena and Barbara, feel free to liberally sprinkle the following with plenty of :roll: s
Sheena wrote:The Great Privet Robber - Caught in the act!
:lol:

Sheena, I was ' hedging ' my bets that I wouldn't be recognised. [-o< :lol:
Sheena wrote:You could've made the breaking news story, "Elderly Gentleman in ICU following confrontation with Privet robber"

The poor man was traumatised because he couldn't ' beleaf ' his eyes. :shock: :lol:
CamiCrew wrote:Today I was stuck in a large room with about 200 new friends, all of us potential jurors awaiting our fate. I began reading this story on my phone surrounded tightly by people, and at the first chuckle-out-loud, decided I'd better stop.

Sensible move Barbara - wouldn't want you ending up as the prisoner in the dock because everyone had ' twigged ' that you were the leader of the American ' Branch ' of The Dotty Club. :lol:
CamiCrew wrote:Anyway, I just have to know. Did you name them Mick and Nick, because they were... sticks?

I thought that they were more respectable names than Poo and Chew, which is what Mick and Nick ( actually females ) seemed to do all the time ... :lol:
CamiCrew wrote:Sheena yes on the overcoat. I'm now assigned to more serious proceedings for the week, so I'll need the comic relief.

Absolutely Sheena and I'm always ready for some comic relief. :lol: