Meter board banter

The forum for general banter about the team.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

dr3do
True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Re: Meter board banter

Post by dr3do »

strider77 wrote:I'd like to stay in the Top 10 on the Board this year as I enjoy the longer rows :D
Yes please, Alan! =P~ [-o< We need some diversity (by country flags) in the top ten. :mrgreen: :lol:
strider77
Free Spirit forever

Post by strider77 »

dr3do wrote:- Yes please, Alan! =P~ [-o< We need some diversity (by country flags) in the top ten. :mrgreen: :lol:
It would be nice to have 3 ...ski's in the top 10-with Piotr, you and me it's a distinct possibility :wink:
[b]67 5ft 10ins tall, 80k, proud to be a Free Spirit[/b]
[img]https://tinyurl.com/fsrsigs/fssig-285.png[/img]
dr3do
True Free Spirit

Post by dr3do »

strider77 wrote:It would be nice to have 3 ...ski's in the top 10-with Piotr, you and me it's a distinct possibility :wink:
Indeed. Great idea. =D> 8) Now… we need to convince him? :roll: :mrgreen:
mardix
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2015
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by mardix »

Is there a way to see prior season meter board 2 results?
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
dr3do
True Free Spirit

Post by dr3do »

mardix wrote:Is there a way to see prior season meter board 2 results?
I don't think so. :?:
plummy
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by plummy »

It's not neat and concise but has the scores etc:

http://log.concept2.com/challenge/univD ... ee+Spirits

Also - I didn't realise we had the highest team total for the whole year ^O^ ^O^ =D> =D>
ScreenHunter_14 May. 20 22.36.jpg
ScreenHunter_14 May. 20 22.36.jpg (139.56 KiB) Viewed 7240 times
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
mardix

Post by mardix »

plummy wrote:It's not neat and concise but has the scores etc:

http://log.concept2.com/challenge/univD ... ee+Spirits

Also - I didn't realise we had the highest team total for the whole year ^O^ ^O^ =D> =D>
ScreenHunter_14 May. 20 22.36.jpg
Very cool. Thanks for that.
InlineJinn
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2018

Post by InlineJinn »

Wow, this is taking some work! I wake up every morning to discover a group of fit and highly-motivated Europeans have kicked me back into the 20's and I have to keep putting up longer and longer rows just to get back into the 'teens. I don't know what will give out first: my body, my schedule, or my Netflix queue.

Paul V, it's an honor to find myself within a stone's throw.

John B.
63, 5'8" lwt, C2 D PM5, started 1/2015, certified mileage nut but then I found hot yoga but then I hurt my shoulders but then I had surgery and now I can still row and do hot yoga yay!
dr3do
True Free Spirit

Post by dr3do »

Most likely I'll get a SkiErg in July/August.

Well… that's "bad" news for my "meterboard meters", but training wise good news (diversity). =D> :lol: :fsbgrin:
mardix

Post by mardix »

An early congratulations to you on your soon-to-be new toy, Boris. It will be great to get a report once you've had a chance to use it and compare it to the rower.
Jill
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Post by Jill »

Rob, I don't know how to transfer your message from the Lifetime Millionaires Thread to here, so I qoute, " Somehow I have an image in my head of Mrs U standing over a prostrated husband rolling pin in hand ... Scary. " :lol: :lol: :lol:

The laughter is mine.

You forgot to mention the Norah Batty stockings, curlers and hands on hips ( slightly smaller these days ), now that is scary. :lol: :lol: :lol:

' Prostrated husband :shock: :!: ' As far as I know, I've never sent Richard to the vets. :lol: :wink:

Mrs Malaprop :)
dr3do
True Free Spirit

Post by dr3do »

mardix wrote:It will be great to get a report once you've had a chance to use it and compare it to the rower.
Mardix, I'll do that (and I'll create a "SkiErg cross training thread", if it does not exist). Promised. :fsbgrin:
Rob C
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016

Post by Rob C »

Well done Jane S. Anyone at Madchester knows what I'm on about :D
hewitt
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit

Post by hewitt »

We seem to have lost one of our top 6 rowers as we have all moved up a position. :(
Everybody has a plan until they get a punch in the face.

51 years old.
dr3do
True Free Spirit

Post by dr3do »

hewitt wrote:We seem to have lost one of our top 6 rowers as we have all moved up a position. :(
Could possibly be me, as I have disabled the concept logbook. :cry:
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

dr3do wrote:
hewitt wrote:We seem to have lost one of our top 6 rowers as we have all moved up a position. :(
Could possibly be me, as I have disabled the concept logbook. :cry:
It is you whose gone missing from the FreeSpirits meterboard, Boris. However, you're still appearing on the main C2 meterboard and in the FTC listing. I think all that's happened is that you've removed your affiliation as a FreeSpirits team member.

I totally understand your frustration with C2, given the way they have been messing you about with the PM5, but you are a very valued and supportive team mate, so please don't let your frustration with them prevent you from taking part in an activity that you clearly enjoy and that you clearly have a strong aptitude for.

I always enter my scores manually (even though I have a log card reader) and have occasionally had to deal with PM failure towards the end of a session. When that happens, I just enter my best estimate of how far I went and how long it took me. As long as it's not a ranking piece, I don't see anything wrong with this and would prefer to keep track of everything I do (even if I have to use estimated numbers) rather than not record the session at all.

Having said that, it's entirely up to you what you want to do, so please don't interpret this as me trying to tell you that you should do things in a particular way.

Paul V
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
dr3do
True Free Spirit

Post by dr3do »

Paul Victory wrote:Having said that, it's entirely up to you what you want to do, so please don't interpret this as me trying to tell you that you should do things in a particular way.
Don't worry, Paul. 8) :fsbgrin:
I totally understand your frustration with C2, given the way they have been messing you about with the PM5, but you are a very valued and supportive team mate, so please don't let your frustration with them prevent you from taking part in an activity that you clearly enjoy and that you clearly have a strong aptitude for.
I'll continue to RowErg and SkiErg. I just don't care any more about the log@concept…
I always enter my scores manually (even though I have a log card reader) and have occasionally had to deal with PM failure towards the end of a session. When that happens, I just enter my best estimate of how far I went and how long it took me. As long as it's not a ranking piece, I don't see anything wrong with this and would prefer to keep track of everything I do (even if I have to use estimated numbers) rather than not record the session at all.
…no, I'm not going to do this manually. [-X Did that too many times :evil: and I found that it mentally stresses me out, what you possibly can't "comprehend" (or is "retrace" the better word, don't know).

My whole training is based on time, watts and perceived effort – meters have always just been a nice byproduct. For some sort of fartlek or TT I use pace, instead of watts, but that's another story. :lol:

Because of the issues with the PM5 I even started/tried to row by meters, instead of time, just not to loose meters and to be able to track it correctly (yes, I'm very sensitive in logging even one meter too much) in the case the PM5 fukcs up again. It didn't work very well for me; it stressed me out.

I track my stuff into Sporttracks (and Golden Cheetah) for analysis. For the "social part" I'm searching for alternatives… For now I'm in a tryout period with Strava (but I put the erg sessions to private as I'm not sure if it fits to my needs and if I'll stick to it). We'll see.
InlineJinn

Post by InlineJinn »

OMG I'm first again!!! We'll see how long that lasts. :lol:

Not as difficult as my first FM, but this one did take 20 minutes longer. Fueled myself on oatmeal, blueberries and nuts for breakfast, then ate Shot Blocks and a Cliff Bar washed down with Gatorade during the row... and Tums--rowing always gives me heartburn. Took 2-3 minute breaks every 30 minutes. Actually felt pretty good and had a normal rest of the day

John B.
63, 5'8" lwt, C2 D PM5, started 1/2015, certified mileage nut but then I found hot yoga but then I hurt my shoulders but then I had surgery and now I can still row and do hot yoga yay!
zootMutant
I row on...: Model D with PM4

Post by zootMutant »

dr3do wrote:Not as difficult as my first FM, but this one did take 20 minutes longer. Fueled myself on oatmeal, blueberries and nuts for breakfast, then ate Shot Blocks and a Cliff Bar washed down with Gatorade during the row... and Tums--rowing always gives me heartburn. Took 2-3 minute breaks every 30 minutes. Actually felt pretty good and had a normal rest of the day
Well done, John! =D>
CamiCrew
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017

Post by CamiCrew »

That was quite a start to the season, John. Amazing distances you do, especially if rowing is causing you heartburn along the way. Not fun!
-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"
plummy

Post by plummy »

I may jump a few places with an unusually high metreage input. It's not an error but the total (as accurately as I could get it) for my half of the new World Record for the longest continuous row - which I took up to 26 hours with a rowing buddy called Joe White over Friday/Saturday. I'll be off the machine for a few days so you are welcome to the places back if I displaced you.
For reference (mine really) we worked in 15 minute on/off shifts and totalled up at the end of each hour (26 x 60 minutes with no rest) and had someone else grab the total at changeovers. My 26 hours (in 2 lots of 15 minutes per hour) were as follows (left column = first 13 "hours"):
6078 6006
6177 6020
6242 5990
6202 5766
6199 5715
6125 5497
6142 5404
6179 5319
6174 5452
6095 5433
6057 5396
6053 5419
6126 6015
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

I think you may have missed some of your entries, plummy. By my reckoning, you did just over 153,000 meters, but you've only input 141,000!

Congratulations again on yet another outstanding achievement.
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
jhaveman

Post by jhaveman »

Well done Plummy =D> you deserve your days off :)
I agree with Paul though - your total on the meter board seems too low.
plummy

Post by plummy »

You are both correct - thank you. I did the addition when my "equilibrium" was still way off earlier (either than or I wasn't hitting the calculator keys hard enough = 153281 is what I have now worked it out to be. I'll amend the entry

Good job Paul and Jan are good with numbers :D

Edit - that gets the pace down to 2:32.6 and 8218 calories burned :shock:
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
jhaveman

Post by jhaveman »

How many doughnuts is that? :lol: