Four September CTCs - Saturdays

If you are planning a RowPro session or want to get one going, post here.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

CamiCrew
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Four September CTCs - Saturdays

Post by CamiCrew »

Please feel free to join 1 or more CTC attempts with me this month. I'll start at a 2:10ish target pace and work to improve, or at least pick the best of the four. :)

The sessions are named as follows on RowPro:
--> SAT_ctc_1310_1of4 7684m Sat Sep 06, 13:10 All Welcome --> SAT_ctc_1310_2of4 7684m Sat Sep 13, 13:10 All Welcome --> SAT_ctc_1310_3of4 7684m Sat Sep 20, 13:10 All Welcome --> SAT_ctc_1310_4of4 7684m Sat Sep 27, 13:10 All Welcome
Always enjoy the company, especially FS teammates. :fsbgrin:
-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"
plummy
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Re: Four September CTCs - Saturdays

Post by plummy »

I'm in for the first one!
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
CamiCrew

Post by CamiCrew »

GREAT to have you there, DP!
-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"
plummy

Post by plummy »

Didn't feel great - that was horrible after the first 10 minutes. If is wasn't for RP and you being there and setting up I would have either quit or backed off completely. Luckily it was less awful than my previous attempt (which was in fact a bailed 10k) so at least I can drop a faster time in for the CTC.
Strong row by you though Barbara - =D>
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
Paul Victory
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016

Post by Paul Victory »

As mentioned in the CTC thread, I just missed taking part in today's row. But I'm signed up for next week. I find that RowPro is great for preventing HDs, but not so great for setting SBs. But it's nice to row with others for a change.
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
cowboygrrl
Rower and forum addict...
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Post by cowboygrrl »

So, is this 6AM C :roll: lifornia time? :shock:
CamiCrew

Post by CamiCrew »

Kellie -- that's very funny -- C :roll: alifornia. !!!

Yes, ugh on the timing. Figured to get all 4 done, I needed to book before possible Saturday obligations would kick in, if that makes sense.

As someone joked on the session today, I can get the CTC done & over with before I'm fully awake :lol:

Anyway, please do consider the early up. We've missed you! Or schedule your own for a civilized hour and I and/or others may be able to join that too.

Glad to see ya!
-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"
cowboygrrl
Rower and forum addict...
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Post by cowboygrrl »

CamiCrew wrote:Kellie -- that's very funny -- C :roll: alifornia. !!!

Yes, ugh on the timing. Figured to get all 4 done, I needed to book before possible Saturday obligations would kick in, if that makes sense.

As someone joked on the session today, I can get the CTC done & over with before I'm fully awake :lol:

Anyway, please do consider the early up. We've missed you! Or schedule your own for a civilized hour and I and/or others may be able to join that too.

Glad to see ya!
I was hoping I'd made a mistake in calculating the GMT. Darn! I'll think about it……. I'm actually doing a quick overnight camp Sat., so I have a good reason to get up and get my row done (but 6AM?).
CamiCrew

Post by CamiCrew »

Well, it's actually 6:10, not 6AM, if that helps... ? :fsbgrin:
-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"
CamiCrew

Post by CamiCrew »

Paul -- regarding this...
Paul Victory wrote:I got a funny PM readout too. Most of my splits were 27, 28 or 29 SPM with a couple of 30s. But my overall SPM was shown as 26. Then I noticed there were 21 splits shown, with no SPM reading for the final split (which covered the last 4 meters). So what the PM was doing was adding the SPM for the first 20 splits, but dividing the total by 21. Hence the rounding down. In my case, the total SPM from the 20 splits was 565. Dividing this by 21 gives 26.9, which the PM rounded down to 26. Actual average was 565/20 = 28.25 SPM.

Can I suggest that for next week's row, you manually change the number of splits from the default 20 to something lower. I know this can be done, but don't know how to do it. Maybe plummy or one of the other RowPro vets can help if needed.
I really appreciate how when you apply your numbers expertise, these oddities become clear to me. I did see the strange final split. And Yes! I actually know how to adjust the intervals (thanks to Plummy) -- it has to be done on the screen that appears right before you click to enter the session. On the right, the intervals are there, and can be changed.

Problem then being -- I always forget about intervals at that point!! I am not sure you can help me with that, but maybe a sticky note on the screen would, saying "Set the *%#*@ Intervals!" :lol:

Appreciate your reply. The others commented after you dropped that it was too bad we lost you as "he was going very well" -- so it is good to know it wasn't some other more serious drop issue.

Cheers
-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

Thanks Barbara

I've signed up for the next two sessions. If I make it to the line and if I remember :roll: , I'll remind you to change the number of splits when we're chatting before the session.

Paul V
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
CamiCrew

Post by CamiCrew »

Argh... Sorry Paul -- seems your connection was sketchy today. At the start I got a message that someone wasn't properly set, and I don't know if there's a way to recover you at that point. I am thinking I should have stopped the Start sequence and gone to check if you were in the Gen Chat?

Anyway, bummer.
-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

CamiCrew wrote:Argh... Sorry Paul -- seems your connection was sketchy today. At the start I got a message that someone wasn't properly set, and I don't know if there's a way to recover you at that point. I am thinking I should have stopped the Start sequence and gone to check if you were in the Gen Chat?

Anyway, bummer.
No worries, Barbara. My connection went haywire. I signed on but couldn't see anyone else, so I withdrew. As I did, everyone's details came up, so I tried to re-enter. I got back into the chatroom and saw a message from you asking if I was OK, and I tried to respond to say that I was back online. But the computer froze again and by the time I re-established contact, the row was no longer appearing. I hope everything went well.

I decided to do 4 minutes instead of the CTC, but I knew after 1 minute that it wasn't going to happen. So I paddled home and then did another 50 minutes (split 20:30) at around 2:00 pace. I think I'm going to give up on Row Pro. :roll:
CamiCrew

Post by CamiCrew »

I can imagine feeling that way with all that trouble! How frustrating, Paul. I've only been knocked out of a row once this year, rowing a few times a week. So for me losing the connection is an anomaly, not the norm. We do have 2 routers and the one by the erg is solid as a rock, compared to the flaky one provided by our Internet company.

Thanks for trying. The row went really well! I was determined to get past my mental block from last week and luckily recent training backed me up. Did a 2k cooldown w/Plummy after the CTC, and later went back online for someone's 10k paddle. 19 km logged in all.

Cheers.
-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"
Paul Victory

Post by Paul Victory »

CamiCrew wrote:The row went really well! I was determined to get past my mental block from last week and luckily recent training backed me up. Did a 2k cooldown w/Plummy after the CTC, and later went back online for someone's 10k paddle. 19 km logged in all.

Cheers.
Sounds like a great day's rowing Barbara. A huge chunk off your CTC time and another 12k on top. ^O^ ^O^ ^O^