Rowing meets Cycling - Rowing on Zwift

A forum for discussing training programmes, indoor racing, things that work for you, coaching etc.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Claudius
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2019
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Rowing meets Cycling - Rowing on Zwift

Post by Claudius »

ok, just wrote it out of the blue- it is more authentic...but maybe the essential messages are not clear...now the short form without long text:

- you can connect the rower with zwift - you need the rowedbiker app - look at the video from John or the other link
- you can boost your ftp - and thats the difficult part- to boost or not
- 30%boost may work for many cyclists rowing...but this value changes...and racing with others could be unfair...
- when you are also cycling it will corrupt your data in some way
- hey its still a game ! no religion !
- just try it...you have 25km a month for free
- maybe you´ll experience that rowing with zwift will effect your training becoming much more dynamic...ocd...that was great...but it wont work with a zwift group ride.
Attachments
3.JPG
3.JPG (170.04 KiB) Viewed 685 times
1.JPG
1.JPG (139.33 KiB) Viewed 685 times
Last edited by Claudius on Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:21 am, edited 6 times in total.
Claudius

Re: Rowing meets Cycling - Rowing on Zwift

Post by Claudius »

by the we way our former team mate John S. made a video how to connect your rower : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymPsvJ-dgBs

or this article from the developer of rowedbiker/painsled : https://www.patreon.com/posts/rowing-with-38157103
Claudius

Post by Claudius »

dont get me wrong...i dont say that i am fast...despite the progress in December, i do say: my Avatar is fast ! what effects speed in zwift ? The most important is your wattage output- which can be augmented up to the factor 1.5 with the rowedbiker app, 2nd weight, 3rd height....
Kevinhorne44
Stop posting and start rowing!
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Post by Kevinhorne44 »

I love the idea of all the connectivity nowadays 😎 but I have the feeling it would fry my brain 😂
I had enough trouble with getting a decent enough connection to the internet where I live out in the countryside 😳 I've had to resort to satellite.
I bet a set up of big screen & some good tunes would be heaven for my 90+ minute sessions though 😎😎
Claudius

Post by Claudius »

Thank you for your Answer, Kevin

it just came to my mind that i explain what you can do with zwift even that they haven´t integrated rowing already. And that it possible make some fun. A middle qualitiy internet connection is necessary to enjoy a zwift workout. As i mentioned: just try it...you have 25km a month for free.
Kevinhorne44
Stop posting and start rowing!
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Post by Kevinhorne44 »

Claudius wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:09 pm Thank you for your Answer, Kevin

it just came to my mind that i explain what you can do with zwift even that they haven´t integrated rowing already. And that it possible make some fun. A middle qualitiy internet connection is necessary to enjoy a zwift workout. As i mentioned: just try it...you have 25km a month for free.
I didn't realise you have a free allowance each month 😎 I might give it a try when I bring the Concept2 back into the house next week 😎 I have a bike-erg on order now too. So it would be interesting to try it all out.