Back on a Dynamic rower

A forum for discussing training programmes, indoor racing, things that work for you, coaching etc.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Shang-Chi
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit

Back on a Dynamic rower

Post by Shang-Chi »

Hi everyone.

I’m back, always wanted to say that ! 😉

I just bought a Dynamic rower. So I will be rowing a little. I will not saying much in here or log a lot.After assembling and testing the machine I did my first row today. a row 0:30/1:00r...10 time 5:00, 1448m pace 1;43,5 40 S/M

Well, I’m not in shape but it’ll come back ! Anyway I just wanted to say hi !

Sincerely Mikkel
plummy
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Re: Back on a Dynamic rower

Post by plummy »

Welcome back Mikkel - it's been a long time since this forum has seen that avatar :-)
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
Shang-Chi

Post by Shang-Chi »

Well I have not been far away. I was on FB, so pretty easy to reach !

Any way my life has changed a bit,as I’m not living with my kids anymore, you can guess why. Anyway I’ve invested in my life by buying this machine. And why a Dynamic Rower ? First, it doesn’t move under rowing as legs and arms work contra and the body pretty much stays where it is, so it saves the floor from scratches and noise from that.
Wolfmiester
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by Wolfmiester »

Hi Mikkel,
good to see you back exercising.
Welcome to post anytime.
Wolfie

Age 59 Height 6'4" Weight 93k
Shang-Chi

Post by Shang-Chi »

Wolfmiester wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:11 pm Hi Mikkel,
good to see you back exercising.
Welcome to post anytime.
Thanks Wolfmeister ! :fsbgrin:
CamiCrew
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by CamiCrew »

HI MIKKEL! WELCOME BACK! I typed that really loud, I hope you heard. :fsbgrin: Nice to see your name again.
-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"
Shang-Chi

Post by Shang-Chi »

CamiCrew wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:28 am HI MIKKEL! WELCOME BACK! I typed that really loud, I hope you heard. :fsbgrin: Nice to see your name again.
I heard you all. Thanks !
Liefcat
Free Spirit forever
I row on...: Model C with PM3

Post by Liefcat »

Yes, welcome "back", Mikkel :!: So glad to see you and also glad that you got yourself a dynamic rower :!: 8) 8) I remember watching you having a go at that kind of beast at the Danish Champs some (7? 8?) years ago, and you displayed perfect tecnique, from stroke 1 :!: ^O^ ^O^

Old enough to know better - young enough to do it anyway
hewitt

Post by hewitt »

Hi Mikkel. :D I have decided to jump back on a gym machine as well. It is about time to get going again. :lol:
Everybody has a plan until they get a punch in the face.

51 years old.
Shang-Chi

Post by Shang-Chi »

Liefcat wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:45 am Yes, welcome "back", Mikkel :!: So glad to see you and also glad that you got yourself a dynamic rower :!: 8) 8) I remember watching you having a go at that kind of beast at the Danish Champs some (7? 8?) years ago, and you displayed perfect tecnique, from stroke 1 :!: ^O^ ^O^
Hi Erik !
Thanks ! I also remember that I did a PB in 14.9 seconds on the 100 before the actual 200 m competition ! :fsbgrin:

It was actually Reiners son who delivered the machine personally. At first they thought it was a mistake and meant that I ordered the wrong machine. So I had to explain that the Dynamic Rower is better for me where I lived, as it won’t slide on the floor when I sprint as you push and pull the opposite way at the samme time different from a model D where you push and pull in the same direction and make the whole machine move. And after testing it with 60 stronks a minute, it didnt move one single nanometer. I have a C2 rubber carpet which helps a lot and silenses any sound through the floor.
Last edited by Shang-Chi on Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shang-Chi

Post by Shang-Chi »

hewitt wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:58 pm Hi Mikkel. :D I have decided to jump back on a gym machine as well. It is about time to get going again. :lol:
Hi Jason !

That’s nice ! Funny we almost start again at the same time !? Anyway I’m not in shape, so I only do short rows and interval sprints and will build it very slowly. I have no plan only feelings about what I will do next. But interval will help boost my shape and power. I have already managed 1:30.2 on the 500 meters, so it looks good from that perspective. Good luck with your jump back on “a” gym machine ! :fsbgrin:
hewitt

Post by hewitt »

All my training is interval based at the moment. I don't do much more that 5k. 500s and 400s with 1min rest at the moment but like you say the power is still there. Just need to build up the fitness. :oops:
Everybody has a plan until they get a punch in the face.

51 years old.
Shang-Chi

Post by Shang-Chi »

hewitt wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:57 pm All my training is interval based at the moment. I don't do much more that 5k. 500s and 400s with 1min rest at the moment but like you say the power is still there. Just need to build up the fitness. :oops:
I can only row 3000 - 5000 at most so I do mostly short rows very powerful and interval of 100 meters to 1 minute r2.