Bike Erg

A forum for discussing training programmes, indoor racing, things that work for you, coaching etc.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Claudius
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2019
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Bike Erg

Post by Claudius »

Happy New Year Free Spirits !

With the new Bike Erg i cemented the fact to dance on two weddings / run with the hare and hunt with the hounds !

But biking and rowing have some things in common, and more than a few FS also love biking - and so i guess it is appropriate to open a thread with C2´s bike erg as well other bike trainers. At home i use a normal smart trainer - Tacx neo - and at work in a small flat the Bike erg: so i may be qualified to compare both worlds of indoor biking. I don´t do spinning classes - so i cant compare those machines.

Well the bike erg is much louder than a tacx neo - so you can not watch the Tatort (crime scene - detective story on sunday evening in TV like Barnaby) and do the Bike Erg - you could do that with a Tacx neo - but i prefer just to watch or do the training. Qualitiy of both machines is very good - but i think the bike erg will better preserve its value.

When it comes to zwift you might miss the smart features on the bike erg of auto-adjusting the resistance or the feeling riding over cobble stones, hammock bridges, etc. But on the other hand with C2 you´ll get a really stable machine which qualitiy i neednt explain in this forum - i really much more like the out of saddle feeling with the bike erg - its a stiffness feeling like on a world class road bike. The accelerating of the flywheel is ideal for small sprints -i think it is optimize for doing those sprints/intervalls. And you could take part in the cyclist league and compare your rowing times- but you have to double meters in the bike erg. Made a lousy 3:21 for the 2k in December...didnt feel that well the past weeks.
“Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?”
(J.R.R.T.)
strider77
Free Spirit forever

Re: Bike Erg

Post by strider77 »

Fascinating review, thank you.

How much did it cost ?
[b]67 5ft 10ins tall, 80k, proud to be a Free Spirit[/b]
[img]https://tinyurl.com/fsrsigs/fssig-285.png[/img]
Claudius

Re: Bike Erg

Post by Claudius »

Bike erg in Germany 1200€, paid for the 2017 tacx neo 1000€, but you neednt a bike for the bike erg, and adjusting the seat post and handlebar is very easy and quick on the bike erg- good if more family members want to ride on it !
“Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?”
(J.R.R.T.)