British Rowing Masters Championships

A forum for discussing training programmes, indoor racing, things that work for you, coaching etc.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

RdGkA
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model D with PM5

British Rowing Masters Championships

Post by RdGkA »

Hey Crew!

I'm planning a vacation to the UK, I have to see a Oxbridge Bump Races once in my live and think this year's May Bumps is the one that I'm watching.
May Bumps will take place in Cambridge between Wednesday 13th June and Saturday 16th June 2018, and i do not watch the whole week, I estimate that most carnage will happen on Wednesday or Thursday anyway and I guess that the fun part of a boat-burning is a University member thing, so I do not need to stay for Saturday.

Checking for other rowing dates, the British Rowing Masters Championships will be taking place from Saturday, 16 to Sunday, 17 June 2018 at the National Water Sports Centre, Nottingham (Which is perfect because I was visiting Notthingham anyway)

So, the question is, who is going to race or spectate in Nottingham from you fellow free spirits. ( If one is putting together a boat: I'm bowside but I can use sculls as well ;) )

Regards
Ralf
♂ - 1971 - 6"8" - 103kg

Wolfmiester
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Re: British Rowing Masters Championships

Post by Wolfmiester »

Hi Ralf, sounds like a nice trip.
However, to my knowledge there are not many, if any, FS in the UK who are OTW rowers.
(Although I have just applied to Warwick boat club to start).
Wolfie

Age 59 Height 6'4" Weight 93k