Just Row 2017

A forum for discussing training programmes, indoor racing, things that work for you, coaching etc.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

plummy
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Just Row 2017

Post by plummy »

I took part in the 2016 event partially because it was held very locally to my house and also it was something very "different" i.e. 3 events in an hour and the results combined to give an overall score. It appears that they have changed the events for this year (and the venue albeit still very local to me) so for anyone considering a erging challenge, here is the layout of the event:

// JUST ROW 2017 - THE WORKOUTS //

We will once again be asking you to complete a set of workouts within a one hour time slot. These are designed to test sprint, recovery and middle distance rowing.

(A) At the start of your hour

Row 3 minutes
Rest 2 minutes
Row 3 minutes

Score is total distance in the 6 minutes rowed. No rolling starts.

(B) At 20 minutes

Row 75s for max distance

(C) + (D) At 30 minutes

For time row 3000m for ladies, 3500 for gents BUT your first 750m for ladies and 875m for gents will count as a separately scored workout!

For each of the four workouts you will receive a point score with the winner gaining one point, 2nd two points etc. Your overall score for the hour will be the total of these point scores with the lowest score placing highest. In the event of a tie we will first go to number of higher place finishes, then to total distance covered to decided final placings.

We will be in contact with all athletes giving further information in the coming weeks. At this moment in time we do not have a confirmed race schedule.

Tickets for the event on 23rd April, at Train Heald Green in Manchester, are available from:

https://event.bookitbee.com/8026/just-row-2017
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
CamiCrew
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Re: Just Row 2017

Post by CamiCrew »

What is this? Calculus? :lol:

Bet it's fun. Enjoy!
-barbara

F Hwt 53 yrs 5'10"