Paul Buchanan - Beowulf

A forum for discussing training programmes, indoor racing, things that work for you, coaching etc.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

billwright
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Paul Buchanan - Beowulf

Post by billwright »

Paul turned 40 yesterday and the celebrate, he broke nine Irish C2 rowing records in 24 hours. He was raising money for Samaritans. Links below and a fanatastic effort:

https://twitter.com/Paul_Buchanan/statu ... 4808564736
http://indoorsportservices.co.uk/forum/ ... =2&t=26156

Bill :fswink: :fswink:

"When the crazy wheel slows down, where will I be? Back where I started!"
plummy
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Re: Paul Buchanan - Beowulf

Post by plummy »

He is a truly outstanding example of a human being when it comes to erging ^O^ ^O^

I struggled to find something on line where I could follow his escapade and was supposed to be joining his 6k but gave it 10 minutes and he never showed (must have been a timing error or something like that - or maybe I scared him off :lol: ).

It's not often I will dip in and make donations (given the number of requests that arrive) but this super-human effort kinda demanded some sort of contribution.
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
Paul Victory
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016

Post by Paul Victory »

I took part in the 30 minutes with Paul yesterday. He was pulling away from me at the rate of 22 meters per minute at the start and this went up to around 30 meters per minute towards the end. And this stage, he had already set Irish records for 6k, 500m (at his second attempt - he was using RowPro and couldn't see his projected finish time and missed out by 0.1 seconds on his first attempt), FM and 5k.

Truly phenomenal performance by Paul. He broke the 10k record straight after the 30 minutes, then the HM and finished off with the hour of power this morning. A few of the records he broke were set by Robert Baldwin, who some of you may remember as Derrylad.
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
plummy

Post by plummy »

...and Derrylad was about a 6ft 8in man mountain!!
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky