Bristol 2k and/or Grimsby mile - anybody going?

A forum for discussing training programmes, indoor racing, things that work for you, coaching etc.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

strider77
Free Spirit forever
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Re: Bristol 2k and/or Grimsby mile - anybody going?

Post by strider77 »

Great write up Stan :D and great result =D> , you are looking good for BIRC :wink:

Good job Richard on the PB and for giving Stan a scare =D> :twisted:

Rachel brilliant time sounds like the fastest women's field for a long time =D>
[b]67 5ft 10ins tall, 80k, proud to be a Free Spirit[/b]
[img]https://tinyurl.com/fsrsigs/fssig-285.png[/img]
Richard Lindner
Stop posting and start rowing!
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by Richard Lindner »

Well, I may have given Stan a scare but not for long thanks to my fly & die pacing. My plan was to go out at 1:52.5 for the first 500m, back off to 1:53/54 for the middle 1000m then build the pace back up aiming for a sub 7:30 finish. Despite some sage advice from stan, and expecting the nerves and adrenalin tend to make me go too fast at the start, I still went out too hard with the first 500m far too quick at 1:51.9. As my pace dropped in the second 500m I started to worry I had completely messed up and the paced slowed even more in the third 500m. With the end in sight at 500m the nerves settled and I realised I could pick up the pace so I built back to 1:51s and managed to finish strong with my final 10 strokes down around 1:45 pace.
1:51.9 – oh…oh… too ambitious #-o
1:54.7 – scared I might have blown it :oops:
1:55.2 – now I’m terrified 8-[
1:51.4 – strong finish but too late to make a difference :evil:
Not the sub 7:30 I wanted but it’ll come soon and a PB at 7:33.2 … 1:53.3 is not to be sniffed at \:D/

I entered the triple challenge so with the experience of the first race under my belt did a much better job of pacing those and managed to PB both the 1000m and 500m \:D/ \:D/

http://indoor.bristolrowing.co.uk/ind_r ... itor=46#37

My first event and thoroughly enjoyed everything about it and came away on a real high. Great to meet people and just watching all the other rowers, young and old, was a real inspiration.
Rich

62yrs 99kg 5' 11"
Stan
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by Stan »

Just found my stroke rate and pace data. Looks fairly consistent compared with some I have done in the past.
Richard you will have to learn to listen to your Uncle Stan :D Well done on the pb though.

http://indoor.bristolrowing.co.uk/ind_r ... itor=22#17
pb times