150,000m

A forum for discussing training programmes, indoor racing, things that work for you, coaching etc.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

bootneck561

150,000m

Post by bootneck561 »

Hi guys/girls,

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what a respectable time for 150,000m non stop would be? I am thinking about the 11 hour mark but I don't know if I am being too soft on myself, or overly ambitious.

Any help and advice would also be good

Many thanks.
plummy
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Re: 150,000m

Post by plummy »

Hi Bootneck!
Some idea of your age, weight and rowing history may be very beneficial here. 11 hours sounds ambitious but if you are a 6' mountain of a man with millions of metres under your belt, then maybe not so

Plummy
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
billwright
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Re: 150,000m

Post by billwright »

Hello and Welcome to Free Spirits.

The answer to your question is difficult without knowing how rowing (erging) fit you are. Age also is a consideration. Have a look at the addresses below to give you some ideas of the 100k times for various categories:

http://concept2.co.uk/records/24_hours_british
http://concept2.co.uk/records/100k_british

I can say that you should be prepared for pain (as a Bootneck you will enjoy that :lol: ) and some serious aches in your bum. You will need to know the vagaries of the PM3/PM4 to know how long you can break for without the memory being wiped. A support team of 1 or 2 oppos would be helpful as would loads of HBM to protect your hands.

We have a long distance expert in Free Spirits and I'm sure that he can be more specific if you post more details.

Bill (Former Bootneck) :fswink: :fswink:

"When the crazy wheel slows down, where will I be? Back where I started!"