keeping feet in the erg

A forum for discussing training programmes, indoor racing, things that work for you, coaching etc.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

catchowder2
Warming up
I row on...: Model C with PM4

keeping feet in the erg

Post by catchowder2 »

I use my gym's erg and have noticed that the straps holding your feet in place easily become loose. Is there a way around this problem? I'm contemplating just changing the straps, or using zipties hehe
CatChowder 33 63" ~60kg
blog http://www.lifeisbumpy.wordpress.com
broken LD runner who's completed lots of half-marathons on my feet but not yet tried on a seat.
[Yes,I do compare everything to running/runners.I've done a lot of running gosh dern it.]
plummy
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Re: keeping feet in the erg

Post by plummy »

Can you try tucking the loose end back underneath i.e. between the strap and your footwear?
60 yrs old, 76kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old for this malarky
millie
Rower and forum addict...
I row on...: Model E with PM5

Post by millie »

The older the straps get the looser they seem to get - I recently asked my gym to replace the straps on some of the machines as they were coming loose. Whereas the newer ergs at my rowing club are fine. You might be able to double the strap back through (not sure if this is what plummy is suggesting?) but try having a word to the gym too. Failing that might be a forced opportunity to try rowing strapless :)
*All PBs set on a Model D on slides
catchowder2
Warming up
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by catchowder2 »

Tucking in the straps was a no go :-( And there's not enough room to double-back. I looked hehe

I used yesterday as a partial opportunity to row strapless..and didn't fall off once <knock on wood>
CatChowder 33 63" ~60kg
blog http://www.lifeisbumpy.wordpress.com
broken LD runner who's completed lots of half-marathons on my feet but not yet tried on a seat.
[Yes,I do compare everything to running/runners.I've done a lot of running gosh dern it.]