National Indoor Rowing Championships Sept 2013 (Australia)

A forum for discussing training programmes, indoor racing, things that work for you, coaching etc.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

millie
Rower and forum addict...
I row on...: Model E with PM5

National Indoor Rowing Championships Sept 2013 (Australia)

Post by millie »

Are any other Free Spirits this side of the world planning on attending the National Indoor Rowing Championships (Australia) being held Sept 14th (Election Day!) in Wollongong?

According to the website they are planning the full spectrum of events and age / weight categories:

http://nationalindoorrowingchampionships.com.au

It'll be my first indoor comp - will be a bit weird racing OTE rather than OTW and I guess I'd better do some practice before Sept on a fixed erg rather than on slides!! At least they won't be any risk of falling in or the race being cancelled due to bad weather :lol:

It would be great to meet up with some other Free Spirits there so let me know if you're planning on attending. There is also a team relay event - 2 men and 2 women.

I think this is the first time for a few years that there's been an Australian comp - there used to be a Concept 2 event in Melbourne I think but not for a while. This one is being organised by a gym down in the 'Gong with Concept 2 as a sponsor. So no idea how many people will attend or how competitive it will be, but I'm looking forward to it already :twisted: :twisted:
*All PBs set on a Model D on slides
haaico
Warming up

Re: National Indoor Rowing Championships Sept 2013 (Australi

Post by haaico »

Hi Millie,

I'll be attending as well. And looking forward to it as I've wanted to compete in the nationals for years! Been training my behind off for a while now so hopefully it'll be a good one.
See you there.