CAV WINS THE BIG ONE

A forum for discussing training programmes, indoor racing, things that work for you, coaching etc.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

stumpy
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model E with PM5

CAV WINS THE BIG ONE

Post by stumpy »

CAV wins the big one RR Champion of the World WOO HOO =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
billwright
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Re: CAV WINS THE BIG ONE

Post by billwright »

"When the crazy wheel slows down, where will I be? Back where I started!"
Gooner Neil
True Free Spirit

CAV WINS THE BIG ONE

Post by Gooner Neil »

That was amazing! He looked liked he wasn't even trying. No double kick today. Liked the way he thanked his seven team mates. Manx/Abridge missile is a true gent.
Great race including voeckler's charge and legendary ranting to the breakaway. Reminds me of plummy at his best.
Neil 40 LWT (in both senses) 74k 5'08" former British record holder 100km 35-39lwt
paulgould
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by paulgould »

colin bradley wrote:CAV wins the big one RR Champion of the World WOO HOO =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
I'm going to be one of the dissenters :) :) .
The course was rubbish - way too flat, nothing to break up the field, producing a world champion who does nothing for 259,8km and is the best over a 200m sprint.

Especially disappointing after the 3 grand tours this year, imo the best I've ever seen - in particular, the Vuelta.

Paul G
56, 1.74m , Sep '20 - 114 kg , currently - 98 kg
200m - 30.8
300m - 47.7
30r20 - 7754m
12 hr - 139300m
100 mile - 14:10.12
200km - 18:28.30
Gooner Neil
True Free Spirit

Post by Gooner Neil »

For 259.8km he rode faster than 99.9% of the global population could over 3k. He and his team dictated the race and never panicked. As he said three years ago the race topography was announced. Its not his fault other countries couldn't drill a team together to compete. HE did work for 259.8 but in an efficient, professional and cute way. Luckily it wasn't the Vuelta 24% climbs wouldnt have made for an exciting finish. This was the UCI road race not mountain pass challenge Lastly before anyone mention the Schlecks, Contador etc, don't forget they bimble in the pack for two weeks before taking centre stage. Don't see anyone criticising them for doing nothing for 14 days of the TDF.

Brilliant to see that within six hours of a Brit winning a World classification event people are criticising him. Hope Graham Benton never achieves anything, the criticism might just drive him away.
Neil 40 LWT (in both senses) 74k 5'08" former British record holder 100km 35-39lwt
Huw Thomas
Dedicated and True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Post by Huw Thomas »

I thought it was amazing team effort - Bradley Wiggins was amazing to lead the field back to the breakaways - and then how MC finished it off without the practiced HTC lead train, and managed to see a gap and take it - sprinting from further out than usual

Awesome IMHO 8) 8) ^O^ ^O^
Aged 61, 182 cm 80 kg.
Ut2 130-137 (1:59+) ut1 138-151 (1:53+) AT 152-161 (1:48+) TR 162-171 (1:38+) AN 172+ (<1:38)
Gooner Neil
True Free Spirit

CAV WINS THE BIG ONE

Post by Gooner Neil »

Well said Huw. Football and other team sports could learn alot from the team ethos of GB cycling. The majority of the watching public won't understand the sacrifices DM, BW et al went through for 259.8km to ensure gold for a team mate.

Those boys IMHO are rock hard. You try riding for that long that close at those speeds without crashing and breaking your bones. Hard fearless heroes even the Italians :)