Garmin Toys

A forum for discussing training programmes, indoor racing, things that work for you, coaching etc.

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

gregsmith01748
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2015
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2015
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Garmin Toys

Post by gregsmith01748 »

Hi,

I am in the market for a way to track my workouts on the water and on the erg. At home, I have a PM3 with the HR receiver, and that, along with RowPro is terrific. At work, I use an erg with PM2, no HR rcvr and use a polar wristwatch with my HR monitor strap. This limits me to recording ending HRs and AVG HR for the whole workout. When I row on the water, I use the same strap and wristwatch.

What I would like is:

1. Ability to track time in zone for HRs for multiple zones (UT1, UT2, AT, TR, AN). Or alternatively, memory to track HR at preset intervals (10 sec, 20 sec, or something)
2. Ability to transfer data to my computer
3. Ability to track distance for OTW rowing
4. Ability to track stroke rate/cadence on the water

From other posts on this forum, I think that it is likely that one of the Garmin doodads is likely to have the features that I need. I looked at the Garmin website and they have about 10 million different models with different versions and accessories.

Does anyone have some advice for me about what make/model will do what I need?

Alternatively, I suppose I could buy a speedcoach, but that won't do much for me on the work erg. So many options!

Thanks in advance!
Greg - Age: 53 H: 182cm W: 88Kg (should be 83Kg)
Training blog: https://quantifiedrowing.wordpress.com/