Annoying things your computer does

Tired of talking about rowing and want to talk about the real world? Enter a forum where rowing is a rude word...

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Mike Channin
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Annoying things your computer does

Post by Mike Channin »

I've just been trying to trace an intermittent scratching sound in the room, which was happening every so often over the last two hours or so.

Have finally tracked it down to....

.... wait for it ....

... the animated dog on the Microsoft Windows XP Search. It gets bored, you see, and every so often digs a hole or scratches or something, complete with amusing sound effect.

Grrrr!
5'11", 50 - older, slower, greyer, fatter (and needs to update the sig times too)
Thomas W-P
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model C with PM3

Post by Thomas W-P »

OMG the paperclip. Worked out how to delete THAT little sucker long ago.
51 yrs - A cyclist these days
Mike Channin
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by Mike Channin »

Ah, no, not the 'office assistant'. The animated equivalent on Windows XP search. Usually amuses me the infrequent times I see it, but managed to annoy me this time for sure.

Don't get me started on the f'in paperclip. Possibly Microsoft's worst ever decision. Hope whoever thought it would be 'a really cool idea to have a helpful animated assistant' (who gets up your nose in no time with stupid and unhelpful suggestions) is hanging by his gonads somewhere in a dungeon at Redmond...

I do like the joke screenshot where it has popped up and said

"It looks like you're writing a letter. Do you want me to:
a. Bollox it up completely for you?
b. Sod off and stop annoying you?"

made me laugh.

Oh, and if you type "How do I get rid of the ****ing paperclip" in help, I think it does tell you how to hide the office assistant...
5'11", 50 - older, slower, greyer, fatter (and needs to update the sig times too)