Property

Tired of talking about rowing and want to talk about the real world? Enter a forum where rowing is a rude word...

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

johnglynn
Dedicated and True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Property

Post by johnglynn »

I've finally got my keys for my first property - 2 bed appartment

Going to order my own model D - tomorrow

Happy days
28, 6'6", 18 Stone - ELM - CTC
jainser
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by jainser »

Congraulations!

When is the moving in party? :D
Engineered for Eating, Designed for Drinking
Thomas W-P
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
Best Friend (PayPal Subscriber)
I row on...: Model C with PM3

Post by Thomas W-P »

Congratulations. Nice feeling. :)

I am starting to covet a model D :(
51 yrs - A cyclist these days
Mike Channin
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by Mike Channin »

Well, it is probably safer than coveting Kate Beckinsale, and probably cheaper too...
5'11", 50 - older, slower, greyer, fatter (and needs to update the sig times too)
webberg
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by webberg »

So John, that's 200 FS's arriving for the house warming and a celebratory 5k each on your new erg. 8)

Well done, it's always a great moment.

My first house cost me £20,500 for a two bed end terrace in the wilds of Dorset. I suspect yours was a tad more?
Uphill to the finish

ID 140904
johnglynn

Post by johnglynn »

Thanks guys

The moving in party is on Sunday 11th November 2007 :D

It has cost the bank and me 182,500 euro, ~123K GBP . Very expensive and the Irish property market is close to its peak . But this isn't an investment property for me it's somewhere to live, so it's not a disaster if it losses value .
Its quite big for an appartment ~88 sq m ~880 sq ft (one of those should be 80(0)), and in a nice complex very close to the town center .

There was an offer that if you buy 3 appartments you get a Kate Beckinsale free . Unfortunatly the bank didn't think that was a good idea and my local cocaine dealer would not give me a part time job :cry:
Bangers
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2018
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2018

Post by Bangers »

johnglynn wrote:

and my local cocaine dealer would not give me a part time job :cry:
John, I think you meant 'and THE local cocaine dealer...etc. etc'. You don't want that nice new front door being broken down by the drug squad :lol: :lol:

Congrats on your membership of the nearly ( 25 years time?) owning real estate fraternity
Roger B
M 81, 5'8", 74kg
johnglynn

Post by johnglynn »

Bangers wrote:Congrats on your membership of the nearly ( 25 years time?) owning real estate fraternity
Thanks Bangers, actually a 35 yr mortgage :shock:, but I hope to overpay it (in a few years) so hopefully 25 yrs :D
webberg
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by webberg »

John, be careful on phrasing of the drug issue. I'm sure Mr Gooner Neil would be happy to advise you on how to deal with the malicious parasites who peddle cr4p to the vulnerable, helpless and hapless of society.

I'm also with him in that such people deserve justice and not the law. :twisted:

Sorry to darken the thread. Enjoy your new flat and the mod D. Are you getting one with the PM4?
Uphill to the finish

ID 140904
johnglynn

Post by johnglynn »

webberg wrote:I'm also with him in that such people deserve justice and not the law. :twisted:
I'd be with ye on that also, 99% of the time . But then what happens when an innocent person gets set up .
I've been watching the "Prision break" show recently . About a guy that gets set up for murdering the vice presidents relation (brother I think), and is now on death row.

Ya getting a D with a PM4, ordered it yesterday . I've already got a suunto watch so it should work well with that (fingers crossed), hopefully it will arrive soon, so I get some practice on it before the IIRC

----------

Neil

T'weren't me guv, I must've been Trojaned

I've always wanted to use that line :D , from the http://uk.theinquirer.net/
johnglynn

Post by johnglynn »

My Model D got delivered on last Tuesday :D

Nice machine, it's max drag out of the box was ~210 (206-214), it's now 195 :( after only ~50K on it mainly at ~150drag(~7) . I have it closeish to the corner of the room so maybe the fluid dynamics are a bit strange as a result (lowering the drag) .

I'm mainly working on a new technique at the moment, pulling into my chest rather then stomach at the finish . It's killing my upper arms though (must be working then :D )

Having the HR on the screen is great, but it has meant I've forgot to start my watch several times (and the C2 HR recording is not even close to as good as the watches) .

I now see how a lot of you meter monsters do it . I'm hoping to be up to about 100K per week average by Jan 07 (from about 40K-50K at the moment) .

I do find it harder on the shorter distances though, I think this could be due to 2 things
1 - I'm very tired overall, from all the moving etc, and also specifically my upper arms are very tired due to technique change .
2 - If in the gym, at lunch, with only the office to go back to, maybe I push harder and accept more pain then at home with my comfortable couch and everything else beside me
I really really hope it's the 1st one, but I'll find out in a few weeks / months

There is almost no difference between the PM3 and PM4 for me at the moment apart from Suunto HR support .

I have the machine beside my patio (my apartment came fitted with a balcony), which is good for it's cooling effect when open, and also because it acts like a mirror when dark (for technique) .

I like the handle (I was using the straight Model C handle before), but I think I might end up with slightly different clauses on my hand .

I tried some shoeless rowing, which was great until the left strap cut thru the skin , so back to using runners again . NOTE Big 6'8" Dave, you should give this a try as it will give you an extra bit of rail (but then your catch will be closer to, so .........) . If you find it beneficial, build your feet up slowly to it .

On the IIRC, which is less then 2 weeks away, things don't look good (failed 2K test yesterday) . Hopefully I'm just very tired and will recover by the IIRC, or my upper arms will strengthen by then, but if not, such is life . There's always next year