Films

Tired of talking about rowing and want to talk about the real world? Enter a forum where rowing is a rude word...

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Wolfmiester
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model D with PM5

Post by Wolfmiester »

Did someone metion Citizen Smith?

"POWER TO THE PEOPLE!"

Great couple of posts Graham, managed to include anger, humour, apathy, inteligence(?), sarcasm, wit, knowledge etc ... all in one go.

Made me smile, thanks.
Wolfie

Age 59 Height 6'4" Weight 93k
JanetS
True Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM3

Post by JanetS »

webberg wrote:Peter, I think she might have a couple of impediments to using a mod D properly. Namely her own "D's"
Never stopped me! :wink: :lol:
48yo, weight... let's just say heavyweight & leave it at that.
PB:
Targets: start erging again & lose weight
ptruz
True Free Spirit

Post by ptruz »

Janet: you have to change your aviatar
Gooner Neil
True Free Spirit

Post by Gooner Neil »

Look if this thread continues I will demand the moderator step in. KB is lovely. It's not open for discussion. She has never posted any meters for TC so leave her alone. You can slag off the real stick insects but the second Mrs Turner (she will eventually agree) is now off limits.

Otherwise I will unleash Mr Jainser :twisted:
Neil 40 LWT (in both senses) 74k 5'08" former British record holder 100km 35-39lwt
Mike Channin
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by Mike Channin »

I believe Ms Zeta-Jones has recently expanded suspiciously in the chest area, and surgical enhancement is strongly suspected. (I found this out on a website Thomas posted up!) And she has dodgy taste cos she married old saggy, Michael Douglas.
5'11", 50 - older, slower, greyer, fatter (and needs to update the sig times too)
Tom Barrick
True Free Spirit

Post by Tom Barrick »

Mike Channin wrote:I believe Ms Zeta-Jones has recently expanded suspiciously in the chest area, and surgical enhancement is strongly suspected. (I found this out on a website Thomas posted up!) And she has dodgy taste cos she married old saggy, Michael Douglas.
At least it isn't Kirk Douglas. :shock:
CTC - ELM - Nonathlon

jainser
Dedicated and True Free Spirit

Post by jainser »

Catherine Zeta Jones looked sweet in Oceans 12.
Engineered for Eating, Designed for Drinking
Tom Barrick
True Free Spirit

Post by Tom Barrick »

jainser wrote:Catherine Zeta Jones looked sweet in Oceans 12.
She was sweet, but the movie wasn't. Hearing about another part, Oceans 13. She won't be in it. :cry:
CTC - ELM - Nonathlon

jainser

Post by jainser »

Well thats it, I cracked got a Barcardi & coke next to me (you sexy thing you) (no lemon or lime so can't conduct my experiment yet) and plan to watch the extras of the Davinci Code tonight - crazy i know but both Reet and myself always live life on the wide side!

Get the spuds of to bed early sit down and do my best to relax before tomorrow.
ptruz
True Free Spirit

Post by ptruz »

Pete: it would be appropriate at this point to seggest "84 Charing Cross Road"

One of my favorites.

About cross atlantic communications (letters) between friends who have never met face to face.
jainser

Post by jainser »

Know what you mean bud!

As I'm racing tomorrow laid off the B&C and popped open a bottle of sauce..............It's Reet she's such a bad influence on me!
webberg
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by webberg »

Pete, you've gone soft! :twisted:

I've been in touch with my ex buddies in the film business. I've got a couple of ideas for you and will PM.

Just watched "The Usual Suspects" again - great film - your view?

I've got a few goodies waiting for when we finally get to shake hands. Hope you're not going to be disappointed. Big mouth but modest size and certainly modest erging performance.

Great result for you today at Surrey IRC. You deserve at least a good stiff B&C.

Incidentally I'm out for a a curry with my best mate on Thursday. He is an Indian descended, African born, Sikh and a Newcastle fan who is also expert in asset valuation. Great bloke and great family. Fancy a curry?
Uphill to the finish

ID 140904
Tom Barrick
True Free Spirit

Post by Tom Barrick »

webberg wrote: Just watched "The Usual Suspects" again - great film - your view?
This one might be top 10 of all time for me.
CTC - ELM - Nonathlon

jainser

Post by jainser »

webberg wrote:Pete, you've gone soft! :twisted:

I've been in touch with my ex buddies in the film business. I've got a couple of ideas for you and will PM.

Just watched "The Usual Suspects" again - great film - your view?

I've got a few goodies waiting for when we finally get to shake hands. Hope you're not going to be disappointed. Big mouth but modest size and certainly modest erging performance.

Great result for you today at Surrey IRC. You deserve at least a good stiff B&C.

Incidentally I'm out for a a curry with my best mate on Thursday. He is an Indian descended, African born, Sikh and a Newcastle fan who is also expert in asset valuation. Great bloke and great family. Fancy a curry?
Excellent film. Think the ending is great!
As for the B&C well yes I did put a couple away, and some champagne and some Bud oh yep and some Port. All in all a great day. Then to finish it off 'whopped' the boys butt playing 'snap'

I'm a real all rounder!! :)
Paul Victory
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by Paul Victory »

Slight change in pace (and no Kate Beckinsale!), but I just finished watching An Inconvenient Truth. A truly scary movie.

Unlike other scary movies, I went around the house switching OFF lights after watching it. I know there are people who have refuted a lot of what Al Gore has to say, but if even half of what he says is true (and I've no reason to believe ANY of it is false), we all need to wake up and change our habits pretty quickly.

If you are a sceptic, I recommend you watch this movie and check out the facts after you've seen it. If you've already seen it, tell me what you think.

Paul
Last edited by Paul Victory on Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
ptruz
True Free Spirit

Post by ptruz »

He did invent the internet you know.....
Paul Victory
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by Paul Victory »

M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg
ptruz
True Free Spirit

Post by ptruz »

Booooo!
jainser

Post by jainser »

Just finished watching 'Long Way Round' with Ewan McGregor & Charley Boorman - Excellent viewing I thought. Have been watching it whilst rowing (end up with a slightly slower pace as my concentration drifts but it makes a change) Anway only had one episode left this morning so I needed something else to watch. My girls are always on at me to watched 'there movies' Sat through 'High School Musical' the other day - oh the pain, then 'Raise Your Voice' - even more pain (both Hilary Duff) then (and i can't explain what possesed me) but I picked up 'Cinderella Story' (again with Miss Duff - both girls are big fans) oh the pain again - don't know why I do this to myself. That's it though - done 3 movies of theres.........no more...oh the pain!!
I though having 2 girls would be trouble at some point in the future but I never saw this coming. I'll never moan about watching 'Cars', 'Ice Age', 'Shrek', 'Madagascar' etc etc again!!!
Tom Barrick
True Free Spirit

Post by Tom Barrick »

jainser wrote:Just finished watching 'Long Way Round' with Ewan McGregor & Charley Boorman - Excellent viewing I thought. Have been watching it whilst rowing (end up with a slightly slower pace as my concentration drifts but it makes a change) Anway only had one episode left this morning so I needed something else to watch. My girls are always on at me to watched 'there movies' Sat through 'High School Musical' the other day - oh the pain, then 'Raise Your Voice' - even more pain (both Hilary Duff) then (and i can't explain what possesed me) but I picked up 'Cinderella Story' (again with Miss Duff - both girls are big fans) oh the pain again - don't know why I do this to myself. That's it though - done 3 movies of theres.........no more...oh the pain!!
I though having 2 girls would be trouble at some point in the future but I never saw this coming. I'll never moan about watching 'Cars', 'Ice Age', 'Shrek', 'Madagascar' etc etc again!!!
I'm tellin you, Pete, try the Power Puff Girls, for the daughters. It gets the aggression out, usually on you! Still, it's fun.

Will try Long Way Round shortly, as I like Ewan in just about anything, but mostly when he has a knife in the shoulder, holding some money down. :P
CTC - ELM - Nonathlon

webberg
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by webberg »

Not really into adult films because I've been tied to kids films whilst they're growing up.

Do like though "The Shawshank Redemption".

There's also a Brit flic called "Little Voice" that is still good viewing.

My kids are growing up and are into things like the Simpsons and Futurama - both of which I heartily destest and refuse to have on the TV in the lounge when I'm home. (Victorian Dad).

My eldest boy (12) also like Top Gear (Tom, this is a "boys toys" motoring prog). This is OK even though I don't really care for cars but I cannot abide Jeremy Clarkson. He tries to be clever and satirical and snide and humourous (this is the correct spelling Tom) but just comes across as a whingy juvenile.
Uphill to the finish

ID 140904
Jessica-Red
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by Jessica-Red »

Little Voice is a brilliant film I love it!
Carole Sergeant
15 million meters achieved Dec 30th 2009
4.5 stone weight lost since mid Jan 2009
ptruz
True Free Spirit

Post by ptruz »

Ok....have not posted on this thread for a while.

Shawshank....good
Usual Suspects....good

Just rewatched 84 Chering Cross Road (spelling). That's my.....10th time or so.....love that movie.
Tom Barrick
True Free Spirit

Post by Tom Barrick »

webberg wrote:Not really into adult films because I've been tied to kids films whilst they're growing up.

Do like though "The Shawshank Redemption".

There's also a Brit flic called "Little Voice" that is still good viewing.

My kids are growing up and are into things like the Simpsons and Futurama - both of which I heartily destest and refuse to have on the TV in the lounge when I'm home. (Victorian Dad).

My eldest boy (12) also like Top Gear (Tom, this is a "boys toys" motoring prog). This is OK even though I don't really care for cars but I cannot abide Jeremy Clarkson. He tries to be clever and satirical and snide and humourous (this is the correct spelling Tom) but just comes across as a whingy juvenile.
Saw the preview for Top Gear while watching another show downloaded from the Internet(obviously don't get any of the BBCs here.) I am also not that serious about cars. And noted on the spelling of humourous...I'm lazy and forget to add the 'u' while I'm talking on this board. Please forgive me. :)

Shawshank is easily a top 5 movie for me. Can't watch it enough and it gets better each time.
CTC - ELM - Nonathlon

MaxDev
True Free Spirit

Post by MaxDev »

Tom Barrick wrote: And noted on the spelling of humourous...I'm lazy and forget to add the 'u' while I'm talking on this board. Please forgive me. :)
It's hard in FS sometimes... the Meter Board is JL's invention, so we Brits have to grit our teeth and acquiesce and call it that, but deep down we're longing to call it Metre Board (well, I am, at any rate) :roll:

Max
Maxim Devereaux
32, 6'1", less than 100kgs if I'm lucky

PBs:

Designed for living; built for erging