Well it's been nice

Tired of talking about rowing and want to talk about the real world? Enter a forum where rowing is a rude word...

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

JLiddil
Stop posting and start rowing!
I row on...: Model C with PM5

Well it's been nice

Post by JLiddil »

I guess tomorrow is the last chance I'll have to erg for a while. :D :D :D :D

http://judgementday2011.com/
JD
billwright
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Re: Well it's been nice

Post by billwright »

World's End - What Shall We Do To Celebrate?

As we all know its our last night to enjoy yourselves.

http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/outreach/tracts/may21/

Then it's getting a judgement from the hairy geezer upstairs so I have prepared. I've bought a Fearnought fire fighting suit off Ebay for £17.50 ready for my trip downstairs. I've been spending like mad on all my credit and debit cards including a free bar in the local tonight till 2359hrs, lapdancers in attendance handing out doner kebabs and the only music being played tonight is going to be my entire collection of Meatloaf LP's. :roll: Rolling Eyes

So what have you done ready for your last night on this mortal coil ?? Whistle

Bill ........who maybe here tomorrow - a bit worse for wear and skint !! :lol: Laughing

"When the crazy wheel slows down, where will I be? Back where I started!"
plummy
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2020
I row on...: Model E with PM4

Post by plummy »

Is this the same world's end that bible bashers and god botherers have been spouting about every five minutes since they learned to be influenced by invisible friends? The same absolute, no doubt about it, worlds end that was going to happen when the planets of the Solar System aligned a few years ago, caused the Heavens Gate Church fruitcakes to top themselves at the arrival of a passing comet and also that same world's end that was soooo certain at the turn of the second millenium?

It's a bit like a stopped clock really, it'll be right eventually, but in this case about 4 billion years from now (barring asteroids - not hemorrhoids)
60 yrs old, 82kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old and brittle for this malarky
billwright
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by billwright »

That's the very one Dave ............... but any excuse for a few beers (or something stronger), after all, it is Friday. :lol: :lol:

Bill :fswink: :fswink:

"When the crazy wheel slows down, where will I be? Back where I started!"
plummy

Post by plummy »

billwright wrote:That's the very one Dave ............... but any excuse for a few beers (or something stronger), after all, it is Friday. :lol: :lol:

Bill :fswink: :fswink:
I hear that but all the ladies of the house have gone out so it's just me and my spuds tonight. Nothing as exotic as beer
60 yrs old, 82kg, 5' 10"
43Mm metres rowed. Re-setting the bar much lower now. Getting too old and brittle for this malarky
Doc RowSlo

Post by Doc RowSlo »

I'm with Marx on this one, "Religion is the opium of the masses".

This latest "end of the world" proclamation has exactly the same amount of evidence behind it as the rest ie none whatsoever.
The science (neurophysiology and neuropshychology) work on why the human race, as a whole, believes in a "sky fairy" is absolutely fascinating. We are pretty primitive really, despite all of our "achievements", and evolution is an incredibly powerful, simple, elegant and "proven" hypothesis to explain the whole of creation. "Proven" is in quotation marks only because such a hypothesis can never be proven. It's just there is so, so, soooooooooooooo much evidence to support its validity that only a fool would doubt it. "Enlightened" believers might say that The Sky Fairy designed evolution, of course. Belief is belief is belief is........often bollocks.
" Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" Douglas Adams
Huw Thomas
Dedicated and True Free Spirit

Post by Huw Thomas »

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
has it started?? :oops: :shock:
Aged 61, 182 cm 80 kg.
Ut2 130-137 (1:59+) ut1 138-151 (1:53+) AT 152-161 (1:48+) TR 162-171 (1:38+) AN 172+ (<1:38)
Paul Victory
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016

Post by Paul Victory »

Talking about the end of the world, has anyone had the misfortune to see the movie 2012? This has to be the greatest load of tosh ever. Even for Hollywood, it was abysmal.

I watched it while erging last week and, even though I was only half paying attention to it, I could tell that it was so bad that it didn't even qualify for 'so bad it's good' status. What a waste of time and money.
M 68 6'1" 124kg (May05), 92kg (Feb06), 122kg (Aug10), 95kg (Sep11), 117kg (Jun13), now 98kg