Reds

Tired of talking about rowing and want to talk about the real world? Enter a forum where rowing is a rude word...

Moderator: The forum police - (nee naw)

Stan
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2016
I row on...: Model C with PM4

Post by Stan »

Nice one Neil
May that be the only success for anyone associated with Arsenal this year :lol:
pb times
Gooner Neil
True Free Spirit

Post by Gooner Neil »

Now now Stan, young Gunners will do us proud. Like our team we can't all be in boat 1, an analogy I'm sure you'll understand. However the sublime skills and subtle artistry we exhibit (use of the Royal we) at Emirates and across Europe will win us fans, if not points.

Allez les rouges!!!

Now Stan enter a team into the Telegraph fantasy league and we'll see who has the last laugh :D
Neil 40 LWT (in both senses) 74k 5'08" former British record holder 100km 35-39lwt
ReducingFB
Stop posting and start rowing!

Post by ReducingFB »

Gooner Neil wrote:Now now Stan, young Gunners will do us proud. Like our team we can't all be in boat 1, an analogy I'm sure you'll understand. However the sublime skills and subtle artistry we exhibit (use of the Royal we) at Emirates and across Europe will win us fans, if not points.

Allez les rouges!!!

Now Stan enter a team into the Telegraph fantasy league and we'll see who has the last laugh :D
Ah!! But the REAL reds have already won a trophy this season !! :D :D

RFB
65; 6'-4" 20 stone (aug 2014) - looking forward to a healthy retirement, when I recover the Equitable losses
Mike Channin
Super Dedicated and Truly Free Spirit

Post by Mike Channin »

I'm with RFB on this.

AND the real reds have some British players in the team.

I think the Arses should be sent to play in the French League, where they'd be far more at home. "Allez les rouges" says it all...

;-)

And whilst on football, this quote made me laugh. Apparently the opposition crowd were singing this the match after Chelski got knocked out of the FA cup (by REAL reds again).

"You're forever blowing doubles"

You gotta laugh...
5'11", 50 - older, slower, greyer, fatter (and needs to update the sig times too)
Stan

Post by Stan »

Gooner Neil wrote: Now Stan enter a team into the Telegraph fantasy league and we'll see who has the last laugh :D
Sounds like fun - what are the details - please dont tell me I have to become a telegraph reader :shock: :lol:
pb times
Stan

Post by Stan »

Ok Gooner - I have taken you up on the challenge and registered with the fantasy league. I called my team Stans Stragglers and no doubt you will be able to find them languishing near the bottom of the league. Much like Arsenal will be for this season :wink: :lol:
pb times
Gooner Neil
True Free Spirit

Post by Gooner Neil »

Good luck Stan may the best Gooner, sorry man, win.

Dinnymowwhentipsy 1 and 2 are my teams. team 2 is purely gooner players just to infuriate you further.

3 hrs 59 mins to the start of the season. Who's your team or are you waiting for the league to settle before pinning your colours to a specific mast?
Neil 40 LWT (in both senses) 74k 5'08" former British record holder 100km 35-39lwt
Stan

Post by Stan »

No I dont sit around waiting to see which team is going to win the league before deciding to support them. I leave that sort of behaviour to Man Utd/Chelsea/Liverpool and Arsenal supporters. (Ooops have I offended everyone now?)
My team is Man City - hence the inspiration for Stans Stragglers :lol:
pb times
ReducingFB

No Offence!

Post by ReducingFB »

Stan wrote: (Ooops have I offended everyone now?)
My team is Man City
Offended ? No !! Just sympathetic!! :D

RFB
65; 6'-4" 20 stone (aug 2014) - looking forward to a healthy retirement, when I recover the Equitable losses
Stan

Post by Stan »

Hi Gooner - you still speaking to me after todays humiliation? :lol:
pb times
ReducingFB

Post by ReducingFB »

Stan wrote:Hi Gooner - you still speaking to me after todays humiliation? :lol:
And all done without their left hook - Sorry ! - their left back !!! :D Suggest a season's suspension. A rugby league referee wouldn't have missed a stiff arm tackle :twisted:

RFB
Stan

Post by Stan »

Good point - although I gather from newspaper reports that Barton put in a few crunching tackles but they were considered fair. Ben Thatcher should be banned for what he did - no excuse for a tackle like that. Well it wasnt even a tackle - just assault really.
pb times
Gooner Neil
True Free Spirit

Post by Gooner Neil »

Girls.

Now the blue part of Madchester have the crowing rights over us. Watched it in a bar in Ibiza full of mancs, cleared up a mis conception I had re Shameless on Channel 4, didn't realise it was a documentary :lol:

Well must admit at the start of the season les rouges are pretty shite. Coles gone ta ta you ungrateful little ----. We'll be ok once we can't win the league and the pressure is off.

And such rampant racism from fellow FSers, for shame or is it you think your teams are still all stuffed with English, Scots and Irish.

Can't wait for the replies sorry taken so long but am I the only one who finds it hard to keep up with all the threads :(
redshell
Friend of the Free Spirits web site 2017
Location: South Yorkshire born & bred living in Eynsford, Kent

Post by redshell »

Well done Boro :D Shame they didn't get three points though
Been to the Bridge today & saw Cole's debut....managed to get home without knowing the Utd/Spurs score & watched the match
Utd Utd Top of the League.....Gooooner :D :D
Gooner Neil
True Free Spirit

Post by Gooner Neil »

Ah Michelle how are you? good to see like most Red supporters you went to your local ground today.

Still being environmentally friendly wouldn't wish to travel 250 miles would you. Got your lot coming up hopefully Stepanovs and Tavarildas aren't brought back. Come on les rouges wake up I've got to face my virtual friends in November and at this rate you'll have two things to take the piss out of me :D
redshell

Post by redshell »

Good now the season is under way thanks Gooooner. Not even seen Utd this season....shocking. Three matches so far - twice seen Chelsea & also Barnsley v Soton, but as I am a true Red I will be travelling OT on Wed for the Celtic match and then back to OT for the beating of Arsenal....til next week Gooooner :D :twisted:
Mike Channin

Post by Mike Channin »

Ben Thatcher - 8 game ban - fair or too lenient? Discuss (15 marks)
5'11", 50 - older, slower, greyer, fatter (and needs to update the sig times too)
Mike Channin

Post by Mike Channin »

Manchester United.

Do they have any fans who actually live within 100 miles of Old Trafford? (2 marks) (Bonus mark for mentioning Prawn Sandwiches...)

Given Ruud's scoring start at Real, was Sir Alex right to let him go? (5 marks)

Is this great start to the season just a flash in the pan (and weak opposition in the first few games) or are they going to give Chelski a serious challenge this season? (5 marks)

Who will come third and why? (5 marks)

And finally, Portsmouth. What the f*** is going on there???? (5 marks)
redshell

Post by redshell »

Yes I've caught the bait....I lived within 45 miles of Old Trafford before moving to Kent, av been a season ticket holder for a long time, going to my first game in 1981....I hate prawns.
I think I could score a hat trick & miss a penalty when the opposition are down to 9 men...Ruud - and he didn't score tonight against Lyon
Ruud, who needs him we have Saha
Chelsea can av second place
3rd anyone other than Arsenal or Scousers - Give it Blackburn Hughesy was my Hero
Never went to Old Trafford tonight....sold my tickets this morning - full of cold just check out my shocking 45 minutes on the ELM for the 'breakfast run' which I did this afternoon - ave 2:13 rubbish
Off to bed with 'Vic'........rub :)
Mike Channin

Post by Mike Channin »

Sorry to hear you have a cold, Michelle. Best of luck with getting rid of. (There's a whole stack of advice about rowing around a cold, as given to janet who is also suffering on one of the other threads, but I forget where.)

Bet you're gutted to have missed tonight's match - was a cracker! I enjoyed watching it in the pub. I _do_ think that Giggsy went over a bit easily for the penalty. Nice to see Solskjaer back scoring again.

And well done for mentioning prawns! You get the bonus mark.
webberg
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by webberg »

Ryan Giggs is a better diver than most prawns. (1 point)

What was Van der Sar doing when that free kick went in? What a prawn (2 points).

Saha looked OK. I have a feeling that when he's hot he'll score but when he loses his confidence - probably a prawn (3 points).

We'll see what Moan U are made off though when they play a proper team. So far this season they ahve played only muppets and prawns (4 points).

Agree about Hughes though. He was at Saints for a while and his "combative" style was a very welcome addition to the pretty passing game played by a lot of teams then. (Not a prawn- 5 points). :lol: :lol:
Uphill to the finish

ID 140904
Mike Channin

Post by Mike Channin »

Prawntastic! :D

Is it me, or was Saha the only player to remain rooted to the turf in that defensive wall as the ball passed 2 inches directly over his head and into the goal. Don't think you can blame the keeper - if the wall had done it's job, that side of the goal should have been 'safe'. As it was, everyone jumped high enough to block the kick, EXCEPT Saha, and it went through the gap over his head and in.

So with Van Horsetelroy gone to Madrid, has Giggsy been selected by Sir Alex as 'chief diver' for the team then?

(And is it true that Van Horselroy used to have a nose bag at half time??)
webberg
I row on...: Model D with PM3

Post by webberg »

I think that Van Nistel divers going away present was a snorkel and flippers from the team - and a 2 ton weight from Alex McMad. :twisted:
Uphill to the finish

ID 140904
Stan

Post by Stan »

Mike Channin wrote:Ben Thatcher - 8 game ban - fair or too lenient? Discuss (15 marks)
Far too lenient - he should be in jail.

I do feel the Blackburn guy who has just come forward to complain about a tackle from Thatcher back in February is jumping on the bandwagon though - he should have complained back in February and not waited 7 months before saying anything.
pb times
redshell

Post by redshell »

You lot finished yet? :D
I see no one wants to mention the diving by that Dutch t**t away in Hamburg, fancy that :D :D
Roll on the w/e Scousers & Wengers moaners drop points & Real